Tucker's revenge!

I heard pretty much the same rumor, but it wasn't that Lick was giving Tucker the silent treatment or anything like that. Just that he would not give Tucker any kind of timeline or goals for getting back on to the court playing ball. He was letting him practice, etc., but wouldn't discuss lettig him actually play...

As for letting Tucker come back, I'm not really sure why it would be a bad move. He met the requirements for getting reinstated. It seems like he probably deserves a second chance (a true one where he can return to playing)...

I don't want Tucker back. Tucker has been given three chances, and each time he showed what is most important to him. Tucker's loyalty seems to be to making sure Anthony Tucker has a good time, not to develop his game, help his team, and represent the school well.

To hell with him.

I don't want Tucker back. Tucker has been given three chances, and each time he showed what is most important to him. Tucker's loyalty seems to be to making sure Anthony Tucker has a good time, not to develop his game, help his team, and represent the school well.

To hell with him.

Last comment a little harsh, but +1

Am I the only one who thought he really wasn't that good anyway? He struck me as an average player at best. We don't need him back.

Depending on who the next coach is anything can happen, don't know if it would be the right move or not but only time will tell.

Until he gets another alcohol violation and let's down the team for the third straight year. I'm the biggest Tucker homer out there and I don't think we should let him back.

Stormin, he was already back on the team and had met all university requirements. In fact technically he may still be a team member (he's reportedly still an Iowa student). He's done his penance on the off-the-court stuff.

So my only remaining question would be on-the-court. And my thought, based on some experience/observation, is that kids often need to hear the same message again from a different source (coach) for it to "take". In Tucker's case, play defense or sit your arse down.

Stormin, he was already back on the team and had met all university requirements. In fact technically he may still be a team member (he's reportedly still an Iowa student). He's done his penance on the off-the-court stuff.

So my only remaining question would be on-the-court. And my thought, based on some experience/observation, is that kids often need to hear the same message again from a different source (coach) for it to "take". In Tucker's case, play defense or sit your arse down.

When he met with Lickliter he quit on the team again.
How many times do let him quits on the Hawkeyes? Not good at all.

He quit on Lickliter. He's in good company on that front: Gary Barta, six prior players, perhaps a couple current players, and a whole lot of fans.

The funny thing is Tucker is the one player that fit in well in Lickliter's system. But, since that system doesn't work in the Big Ten, I would not want Tucker back, particularly with the risk he carries.

I just hope we get a coach named in time to still go out and find another quality JUCO pg. They have until April. I'm sure Barta knows that.

Latest posts