Trophy Ideas for Iowa v Nebraska

Battle for the GRAIN BELT

the winning coach gets to wear/display the title belt WWF style

bret_hart_with_wwf_belt.jpg

Make it CoCo B Ware holding the title, and just carry his picture around with the title... FTW

We can't have a "Corn Bowl" type of trophy for the Illinois game...despite them always being within a percentage point of us in corn production, none of their fans know that they have farms there...listen to their Iowa smack and you'll see what I mean...so we may as well do the thing with Nebby...

I'm thinking "Battle For The Heartland"..."Nebraska Might Win, But They Still Suck"..."The ANF Cup" (Orange Bowl style trophy, with ears of corn piled up) "Missouri River Bragging Rights"...if Iowa wins, Nebraska has to crush their corn production by not using their sprinklers the following season...if they win, we just send them some water or something...

As for the "Cy-Hawk" trophy...I'll go to my grave believing they need to take that thing out back and shoot it...and that they should put a bronze likeness of Nile Kinnick and Jack Trice on it and call it "The Trice-Kinnick Trophy"...for alliteration purposes...even though Hawk fans hate the thought of Trice being said before Kinnick...

Let's get more stereotypical... Pig Bowl, Cow Bowl, Farmer Bowl, Hick Bowl... the opportunities are endless...

Or we could try to do something cool with it.

The Our Girls are hotter than yours trophy.

As a courtesy to our new member, we could use the photo below which was last years winner before the ISU and NEB game.

Last edited:
Mega-Shark versus Giant Octopus with the Octopus using its tentacles to jab the shark in the eye and the shark biting the head of the octapus and a submaring firing a topedo at the shark and a fighter jet overhead shooting a missile at the octopus.
thetzra, can I have some of your drugs?

To CARRHawk: I don't want any of your'n.

Last edited:
Like some have said, it probably would be corn related. The Iowa and Nebraska corn growers sponsoring the game would seem like a good fit.

"Hawkeyes and Huskers fight to be crowned King of Corn, battle for the Pioneer Corn Crown"

The Golden Tassel? The Golden Ears?

Whew...let's get creative and see what else we can come up with

What is the fixation with Nebraska? It's beginning to sound like the way ISU fans think about Iowa - kind of stalker/obsessive/pour all your energy into one game mentality. Playing Nebraska is not worthy of a trophy.

battle for the pitchfork!

the team who wins sticks it in middle of the field every year!

would be a full golden pitchfork though probably

Latest posts