Tressel Resigns

And just like how we missed out on playing Michigan after their coaching change we miss tOSU the next two years. Then by the time we meet them again they should be getting back on their feet.

I have to admit the horrible truth that I grew up in a USC family. Having watched what happened to them after the Robinson sanctions, I see this situation differently. It takes a long time to overcome losses of scholarships and post-season bans. Actually, the aren't felt as much in the first two years as they are in subsequent years.

This situation is perhaps a little different in that there is a chance the 5 games could be extended if secondary violations are found, which it looks likely. Accordingly, the issue might be that the team loses a bunch of key players for the year.

But, even in that case, the negative consequences of this situation are going to extend 4 or 5 years minimum.

tigerdroppings:

tresselnotacrook.jpg

tresselsweatervestsale.jpg

I am not talking about Wisconsin benefitting from this this year Shada. I am talking about as a program over the next several years. OSU is gonna come back to earth. Penn State is in neutral ad long as Paterno is there

Wisky has a chance to put up a few more really good years which shows consistency to recruits and helps the program long term.

I am not buying the Wisky hype this year either...but I am not talking about this year.

If OSU is banned from the B1G title game, then this will benefit Wisconsin and PSU.

I don't see Pryor and the other suspended players sticking around after Tressel has left. Those players are going to take some heat.

The only way this benefits the Hawks is if we actually make it the the championship game.

So let's make that championship game!

I have to admit the horrible truth that I grew up in a USC family. Having watched what happened to them after the Robinson sanctions, I see this situation differently. It takes a long time to overcome losses of scholarships and post-season bans. Actually, the aren't felt as much in the first two years as they are in subsequent years.

This situation is perhaps a little different in that there is a chance the 5 games could be extended if secondary violations are found, which it looks likely. Accordingly, the issue might be that the team loses a bunch of key players for the year.

But, even in that case, the negative consequences of this situation are going to extend 4 or 5 years minimum.

Hard to predict. I do think the traditionally strong programs like OSU,USC and Bama can bounce back much quicker than second tier programs. OSU has a great recruiting base,and loyal preps that probably will continue to attend OSU despite sanctions. They will be damaged,tho,and not just this year. Still, I expect them to win the Leaders this year,altho Delany might just bar them from the title game.

While I want the cheating to be exposed and OSU to be punished,I have a hard time gloating or celebrating this day or the coming clustermuck at OSU. Bottom line,OSU is the Big Ten's cash cow,the lead dog,nationally,in both fb and bb,the last decade,and it is not even close. When they get damaged,the league will suffer. It is on them,but still,stuff rolls downhill,and Iowa will take a hit,probably,revenue-wise,in some areas.

It hurts the league's standing,prestige and competitiveness,so it is not really a good day for anybody related to the Big Ten. Necessary? Yes...but still very unfortunate that OSU put everyone in this position.

The real tragedy for Iowa fans is that these cheating SOBs managed to slip past the Hawks the last two years with these illegal tactics. Iowa should have been in the Rose Bowl in 09,and last year...well,should have beaten the Bucks then also.

But,if it means Iowa rises above the crowd over the next decade...great...meanwhile if we meet for the Heartland Trophy in the Big Ten title game....all good. Bring it on Bucky Badger!

This is weird, I had a dream last night that I got a text from "someone in the know" saying JT was fired. I then woke up to hearing the words "Jim Tressel resigns from Ohio St."

For Meyer, even though OSU is a huge job, if there are sanctions that
puts even less pressure on him.

USC is bringing in the top recruiting classes in the country despite their issues. Some programs are so big, unless you give them the death penalty they will pull better clases and win more games than 90% of
the programs who have no sanctions whatsoever.
Is USC's class still a top rated class after they have to dump 10 recruits now that the ruling was upheld?

Is USC's class still a top rated class after they have to dump 10 recruits now that the ruling was upheld?

They can still get good recruits, but the difference is depth. USC and OSU win because they can overcome misses. That isn't the case when you lose that many schollies.

Case in point: USC is number one on the oversigning list. They are going to have to scramble.

Last edited:
I am not talking about Wisconsin benefitting from this this year Shada. I am talking about as a program over the next several years. OSU is gonna come back to earth. Penn State is in neutral ad long as Paterno is there

Wisky has a chance to put up a few more really good years which shows consistency to recruits and helps the program long term.

I am not buying the Wisky hype this year either...but I am not talking about this year.

That's fine, and I get agree with that. My point is lets wait until the smoke clears before burying Ohio State.

How? This has no effect on Iowa. It is huge for Wisconsin as they are both in the same division.

I'd actually argue that it's bad for us considering we don't play them for 2 years and they play Michigan, Mich St (i think) and Nebraska this year and we need them to beat those teams.

This doesn't surprise me that much. I mentioned the SI article a week ago, we knew that would be bad. I'll miss JT but OSU will go on, they are bigger than any 1 coach. Urban in 2012....

Somehow its comforting knowing you still aren't concerned.

Latest posts