Tracking 2014 Class Offers

Iowa currently has 3 CBs committed plus a safety in the 14 class. (scout). So if Embry commits you gotta think at least one goes to WR or they are planning on one switching commitments perhaps.

Illinois RB, Dre Brown (2015 class), reported visiting this weekend. 247 Sports has him as a 4 star.

Iowa currently has 3 CBs committed plus a safety in the 14 class. (scout). So if Embry commits you gotta think at least one goes to WR or they are planning on one switching commitments perhaps.

That's what I was thinking as well or maybe they see one of the CBs as a safety in college.

I could see Josh Jackson at WR in college. He's playing almost exclusively on offense for his high school team this year, and he has had a couple of games with monster numbers.

Daniel Vega, Cedar Rapids Xavier DL/LB, visiting this weekend according to some reports. No offer by Iowa .......yet.

Also a couple of prospects have committed elsewhere in the past couple of weeks:
TE Ryan Izzo-Florida State
DE Jesse Aniebonam-Maryland

Iowa is still in on some really good recruits. I wonder if there will be any updates this week since the coaches will be out doing some recruiting. If they could get Brian Wallace it would be a very good get since they lost out on RP.
They are also still have a good shot withMarkel Smith, Jawhaun Bentley, it seems like they are the leader for Torey Hendrick, And for Craig James, Treyvon Hughes

Iowa is still in on some really good recruits. I wonder if there will be any updates this week since the coaches will be out doing some recruiting. If they could get Brian Wallace it would be a very good get since they lost out on RP.
They are also still have a good shot withMarkel Smith, Jawhaun Bentley, it seems like they are the leader for Torey Hendrick, And for Craig James, Treyvon Hughes

It'll be really interesting to see what Iowa does with James, Hughes, and Smith. With the depth at RB in IC right now, it would be reasonable for Iowa to take just Hilliard in this class, BUT Iowa never seems to have good luck at the RB position. With only about 5 more scholarships to give out, I think they'll end up with 1 more RB.

My guesses on numbers, assuming they take 5 more players:
1 RB
1 OT
2 DE, including 1 juco
1 WR

I really hope we get a good junco end. We really need a de to step up next year. The rest of the dl should be good.

It'll be really interesting to see what Iowa does with James, Hughes, and Smith. With the depth at RB in IC right now, it would be reasonable for Iowa to take just Hilliard in this class, BUT Iowa never seems to have good luck at the RB position. With only about 5 more scholarships to give out, I think they'll end up with 1 more RB.

My guesses on numbers, assuming they take 5 more players:
1 RB
1 OT
2 DE, including 1 juco
1 WR

I think they have to take 1 more RB. Both Weisman and Bullock will be seniors next year and after that, what is really the depth? Canzeri, Daniels, Malloy, Hilliard? Hilliard seems to be in the Bullock mode. I like Chris James and Markel Smith, a little bit bigger type of back with some power and speed. Hughes is in the same mold. I would like to see James IMO, but Smith would be a good fall back. If Iowa got either of those guys I would be pleasantly pleased.

Someone mentioned Brian Wallace? I know he is a highly ranked OT, but what is the word on his recruitment, have not heard much. What are his top schools and visits? Same for Lukayus McNeil?

SOS that Iowa has offered Parker Hesse, LB from Waukon. 247 already has some crystal ball predictions for him committing to the Hawks as well.

After a bit of a layoff, Iowa has issued a couple of new offers in the past week:

ATH Parker Hesse (Waukon; Mentioned earlier in this thread.)
S Dominick Sanders (Atlanta Area)

Stud de Hendrix from Illinois committed to Tennessee today. I was hoping we could snag him. We really need a salty de

Latest posts