Tracking 2014 Class Offers

Some new info to pass along from the past couple of weeks:
New offers:
DE/TE Freedom Akinmoladum of St. Louis
LB Aaron Mends of Kansas City
QB Tyler Wiegers of Detroit (Rutgers commit)
CB Vayante Copeland of Dayton, OH
S Vontre McQuinnee of Dallas/Fort Worth (Oklahoma commit)
CB Danzel McDaniel of Dodge City, KS (JuCo)
DE Grant Blankenship of Dallas/Fort Worth
DE Victor Evans of Dallas/Fort Worth

New commitments:
S Darius West-Kentucky
S Mike Edwards-Kentucky
WR Garrett Gray-Texas
QB Michael O'Connor-Penn State

http://www.news-leader.com/article/...4/Bolivar-High-School-quarterback-Rafe-Peavey

Considering this fella hasn't made many visits to other campuses but is seeing Iowa tomorrow and is reported to make a final decision soon we just might have a reasonable chance. Iowa has been in his ear for quite some time never giving up.

We haven't stolen one from Mr. Bielema in quite some time to my recollection.

He was really impressed with his visits to Ark and Missouri these last few days...we need to knock it out of the park today if we want his signature

OL Brian Wallace has narrowed his list down to five: Iowa, Nebraska, Ohio St, Arkansas, and Alabama. Don't like our chances, but how cool would it be to have two OL recruits who chose Iowa over an offer from Bama?

OL Brian Wallace has narrowed his list down to five: Iowa, Nebraska, Ohio St, Arkansas, and Alabama. Don't like our chances, but how cool would it be to have two OL recruits who chose Iowa over an offer from Bama?

He is visiting Iowa soon so hopefully we can make some headway.

THis guy is visiting: Minnesota's top OL Frank Ragnow (@KNARFWONGAR) is no longer visiting #Minnesota this afternoon as previously scheduled. Visits Iowa tomorrow--

If you want to see lots of pancakes, you can catch Steve Deace at an I - Hop or watch his youtube vid--both options are nasty.

Some info to pass along:
New offers--
WR Andrew Jones [Dallas/Fort Worth]
OLB Ben Niemann [Northern Illinois] (NIU Commit)
S Payton Hendrix [Dallas/Fort Worth]
DE Justin Hollins [Dallas/Fort Worth]
CB Joshua Jackson [Dallas/Fort Worth]

Committed elsewhere--
WR Terry McLaurin (Ohio State)
OL DJ Foster (Nebraska)
CB Vayante Copeland (Michigan State)
S Allen Artis (North Carolina)

4-star OL Brian Wallace has named a top-5 of Alabama, Arkansas, Iowa, Nebraska, and Ohio State. He visited Iowa this past weekend.

Iowa loses out on 4* WR Adonis Jennings to Rutgers.

https://twitter.com/All_Eyes_On_18
Just committed to Rutgers University!! I am truly thankful & blessed of the opportunities god gave me!… Photo by adonisj_18 • Instagram

That's a BIG bummer for me. I was really hoping we'd get him. We need to recruit athletes and gamebreakers HARD this class, we've got nothing coming in or currently here. It's something that's been holding us back for quite some time.

Iowa loses out on 4* WR Adonis Jennings to Rutgers.

https://twitter.com/All_Eyes_On_18
Just committed to Rutgers University!! I am truly thankful & blessed of the opportunities god gave me!… Photo by adonisj_18 • Instagram

That's a BIG bummer for me. I was really hoping we'd get him. We need to recruit athletes and gamebreakers HARD this class, we've got nothing coming in or currently here. It's something that's been holding us back for quite some time.

I know Iowa has a lot of offers out to WRs right now, but it doesn't seem like they are recruiting many very hard. I think it's important to note that Iowa has recruited a lot of guys who will likely play WR in the 2013 and 2014 classes already. They already have a commitment from Scheel for 2014, though he might end up at QB, and they landed Willies, Mitchell, Jones, Harris, and Powell this past year. They also have Matt Vandeberg coming in as a greyshirt at (probably) WR, and I could see Wadley and/or Parker playing WR. That's not a group with one guy who is a "can't miss" prospect, but it is a lot of guys who have potential to be solid options in the Big Ten.

I did watch some film on Damond Powell.. he looks to be a nice prospect, quick off the line... fast in and out of breaks and some nice top end speed. Reminds me a bit of DJK honestly.. even similar size.

I'm just more worried about "speed" than anything. The Big 10 Defenses are getting bigger and faster on the back end and outsides. We need to start countering that.

Quick update:
According to several sources, Iowa has become the first major football school to offer K Mick Ellis of Allen, TX. Ellis is ranked among the top 5 kickers in the country by Chris Sailer.

Quick update:

Edit--
Both WR Monte Harrison and TE/DE Freedom Akinmoladun committed to Nebraska yesterday.

Last edited:

Latest posts