Tracking 2014 Class Offers

I know we didn't make his top 5, but Orlando Brown committed to Tennessee. That is further north than I thought he would end up.
I honestly thought we had a good shot with this kid probably 2 months ago, but I'm just glad he committed early and didn't keep Iowa in his final 3 up to signing day. Good for him, seemed like a good kid.

It's been a very busy week for Iowa recruiting. Here are bunch of updates:
New Iowa offers--
S Mike Edwards of Cincinnati, OH
S Jah'Shawn Johnson of Texas
DE Henry Famurewa of Georgia
OLB Bradley Chubb of Georgia
ATH Raymon Minor of Richmond, VA
DE Kurt Holuba of New Jersey
S Darius West of Ohio
WR Adonis Jennings of New Jersey
LB Melvin Kiehn of Baltimore
DB Daejuan Funderburk of Washington, DC
DB Allen Artis of Georgia
DT Jemal Averette of Maryland

Committed Elsewhere--
RB Christian McCaffrey of Denver--Committed to Stanford
ATH Dariean Watkins of Ohio--Committed to Northwestern
DE Lawrence Marshall of Michigan--Committed to Michigan

Also, LeVar Woods tweeted this week that he was in the Atlanta area recruiting. That's probably a big part of the new Georgia offers.

There are some awesome names in that list!

It's been a very busy week for Iowa recruiting. Here are bunch of updates:
New Iowa offers--
S Mike Edwards of Cincinnati, OH
S Jah'Shawn Johnson of Texas
DE Henry Famurewa of Georgia
OLB Bradley Chubb of Georgia
ATH Raymon Minor of Richmond, VA
DE Kurt Holuba of New Jersey
S Darius West of Ohio
WR Adonis Jennings of New Jersey
LB Melvin Kiehn of Baltimore
DB Daejuan Funderburk of Washington, DC
DB Allen Artis of Georgia
DT Jemal Averette of Maryland

Committed Elsewhere--
RB Christian McCaffrey of Denver--Committed to Stanford
ATH Dariean Watkins of Ohio--Committed to Northwestern
DE Lawrence Marshall of Michigan--Committed to Michigan

Also, LeVar Woods tweeted this week that he was in the Atlanta area recruiting. That's probably a big part of the new Georgia offers.

One thing I'll add--Morgan's offer sheet seems huge, but a lot of players have this many offers but only tell reporters about the ones they are interested in. That's why some 5-star players only have offers listed from maybe 5-10 schools but some 3-stars have offers from two dozen schools. Since the schools aren't allowed to talk to reporters about recruits, the reporters can only tell the public about the offers the recruits are willing to claim.

Multiple sites are reporting that Iowa offered DE Terrance Harris of Peramus, NJ today. Iowa is Harris' first BCS offer.

Terrance Harris - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

I think it is offers to guys like Harris that confirm that recruits don't report every offer they get. Harris has a teammate named Jabrill Peppers who is one of the top 5-10 recruits in the nation. He recently set the New Jersey state record in the 200M dash. Yet, with all his talent and accolades, he doesn't have an Iowa offer, but his low-3-star, undersized DE teammate does? Iowa's recruiting at this school but not offering one of the best players in the nation? I don't buy it. I think Iowa's offered Peppers but Peppers hasn't reported it because he isn't seriously considering it.

Several players with Iowa offers will be participating in the Rivals 5-star challenge next month at Soldier Field. This prestigious event is an invite-only event for the best players in the nation. Here's a list of players with Iowa offers who will be participating:

LB Clifton Garrett
LB Nyles Morgan
TE Daniel Helm (Committed to Tenn)
DE Dewayne Hendrix
S Jamal Adams

Also, 2015 QB Jack Beneventi will be a part of the event.

I think it is offers to guys like Harris that confirm that recruits don't report every offer they get. Harris has a teammate named Jabrill Peppers who is one of the top 5-10 recruits in the nation. He recently set the New Jersey state record in the 200M dash. Yet, with all his talent and accolades, he doesn't have an Iowa offer, but his low-3-star, undersized DE teammate does? Iowa's recruiting at this school but not offering one of the best players in the nation? I don't buy it. I think Iowa's offered Peppers but Peppers hasn't reported it because he isn't seriously considering it.
They probably put out feelers to the guy and are told right away not to even bother. If they know right off the bat that they have a 0% chance of landing a guy, why even bother? It's not like Iowa is extending offers to the entire Rivals 100 every year, although they would certainly fall all over themselves if any of those guys ever wanted to come here. There are only 2 or 3 in any given year that will even give a school like Iowa the time of day.

Last edited:
Scout and 247Sports are reporting that Iowa has offered 4-star DB Jyaz Jones, the brother of Iowa WR signee AJ Jones, and teammate Silvester Hayes, a DE.

Looks like he won't be following his brother to Iowa...........Colorado State it is.

Looks like he won't be following his brother to Iowa...........Colorado State it is.

Four star and going to Colorado State. Kinda surprising. Wasn't AJ originally committed to CO State or was it somewhere else? I thought he changed his mind about 3 times.

Four star and going to Colorado State. Kinda surprising. Wasn't AJ originally committed to CO State or was it somewhere else? I thought he changed his mind about 3 times.

Yes, on all counts. Iowa offered late in the game after missing on others. I would guess they will still stay "in touch" with him considering all the time between now and next Feb. He certainly took a 360 in his thoughts from 3 month's ago...........

"I would love to go to Iowa," said Jones. "Especially because my brother is going there, but also because they have a really good coaching staff and run a family oriented football team."
"When Coach Woods and some of the staff were down here to recruit my brother, I got to know them and really like their program," he continued. "I could see myself going there."

I read that he recently tore his ACL. I have a feeling his recruiting isn't over. CSU could be the safe choice for him while he recovers and other schools see that his ACL heals properly.

Yes, originally committed to New Mexico St, then offered by and committed to CSU the next week, then I think Iowa the week after that.

Yes, on all counts. Iowa offered late in the game after missing on others. I would guess they will still stay "in touch" with him considering all the time between now and next Feb. He certainly took a 360 in his thoughts from 3 month's ago...........

"I would love to go to Iowa," said Jones. "Especially because my brother is going there, but also because they have a really good coaching staff and run a family oriented football team."
"When Coach Woods and some of the staff were down here to recruit my brother, I got to know them and really like their program," he continued. "I could see myself going there."
I think you mean a 180 ;) I was hoping he would come to Iowa, but like others said, I doubt this is over.

Latest posts