Tracking 2014 Class Offers

Like I said, many others. I'm betting that Iowa doesn't have much of a shot with him.

One thing I'll add--Morgan's offer sheet seems huge, but a lot of players have this many offers but only tell reporters about the ones they are interested in. That's why some 5-star players only have offers listed from maybe 5-10 schools but some 3-stars have offers from two dozen schools. Since the schools aren't allowed to talk to reporters about recruits, the reporters can only tell the public about the offers the recruits are willing to claim.

One thing I'll add--Morgan's offer sheet seems huge, but a lot of players have this many offers but only tell reporters about the ones they are interested in. That's why some 5-star players only have offers listed from maybe 5-10 schools but some 3-stars have offers from two dozen schools. Since the schools aren't allowed to talk to reporters about recruits, the reporters can only tell the public about the offers the recruits are willing to claim.

For instance, Robbie Rhodes of Fort Worth was the #1 WR in the '13 class according to 247Sports, but he had only 6 offers according to his profile, all from the southwest region. Basically, after he narrowed down his list and committed to Baylor in the summer, he quit reporting new offers, even though it is fair to assume he was still getting them. On the flip side, 3-star TE Christian Morgan out of Plano, TX had 17 offers from all over the country before committing to FSU then signing with Ole Miss.

I've read that these players were on campus today:
RB CJ Hilliard
LB Justin Hilliard (2015)
DE Jashon Cornell (2015)
DE Matt Nelson
OL Ross Pierschbacher
OL Lucas LeGrand

Also, ATH Jay Scheel visited Iowa earlier this week.

Also, I've gotten to the point where I can spell Pierschbacher without looking it up. Sometimes it's the small victories that mean the most.

RB seems to be the one position, along with OL, where we are really in on a lot of heavy hitters. I have no doubts we'll get at least one really good RB in this class.

I agree with this. I think Iowa will land a solid back. My biggest concern is if Iowa decides to go with only 1 RB and that 1 guy is Justin Jackson. Any other back, I'm fine with them taking 1, but Jackson had more than 400 rushes as a high school junior. He's an incredible talent, but I just don't know he'll hold up long-term.

Kansas City QB Dimonic McKinzy verbals to Minnesota. I think that makes 3 QBs that have picked Jerry Kill over offers from Kirk Ferentz in the last 3 classes combined.

Kansas City QB Dimonic McKinzy verbals to Minnesota. I think that makes 3 QBs that have picked Jerry Kill over offers from Kirk Ferentz in the last 3 classes combined.

Iowa moved on from McKinzy. He wanted to commit to Iowa months ago but we turned him down. IIRC the staff wasn't sold on him as a QB.

CJ Hilliard (rb) now has Iowa as his leader after Saturday's visit. Iowa told him tbey are limely only taking 1 rb. Iowa has also offered his younger brother, a LB.

One thing that I've noticed that I find astounding is that Iowa hasn't really offered any true defensive tackles in this class. They've offered a couple guys in the Christian Ballard hybrid mold, but not one pure DT this year. Why do you all think that is?

One thing that I've noticed that I find astounding is that Iowa hasn't really offered any true defensive tackles in this class. They've offered a couple guys in the Christian Ballard hybrid mold, but not one pure DT this year. Why do you all think that is?
Lots of young guys at DT this year and in the last recruiting class. Need to focus on DE is my guess.

I know we didn't make his top 5, but Orlando Brown committed to Tennessee. That is further north than I thought he would end up.

Latest posts