Tracking 2013 Class Offers

Having visited three times and given him his first offer it sure sounds like we have a really good shot with this kid. Definitely want to have a good haul in LB's this class.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20120222/SPORTS02/202220334/Football-recruiting-notebook-Big-name-colleges-pursue-Pike-DE-Kenney?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

One of those is Pike junior defensive end David Kenney, ranked No. 238 by Rivals nationally in his class. The 6-1, 240-pounder had 11 sacks as a junior. Though some schools have expressed concern about his height as a defensive end, Iowa offered a scholarship in November. Four others -- Indiana, Iowa State, Louisville and Minnesota -- followed suit.
"I'm only 6-1, so some schools haven't offered me because of that," said Kenney, who wore an Iowa shirt at Monday's combine. "But Iowa looked past that and took a chance on me. That offer kind of opened the door for some other schools."
Kenney has visited Iowa three times but said he is still receiving interest from several new schools and doesn't plan to make a commitment until at least the summer. Florida and Southern Cal have called recently.

He is a beast with a huge motor, I live in Indy and have seen him play a couple times. Although he is small, there is a decent player who plays for the Colts who made a good living being an undersized DE

And Michigan picks up another OL recruit, their 5th, so they might be out of the running for the remaining prospects that we'are after at that position.

I have been busy the last couple weeks and haven't updated this thread. Here are guys Iowa has offered in the last couple weeks.

Darian Hicks--CB--Solon, OH
Chase Abbington--S--Ft. Zumwalt South (St. Peters, MO)--Committed to Mizzou.
Austin Ramesh--ATH--Northland Pines (Eagle River, WI)
Kevin Robbins--DE--Bishop McNamara (District Heights, MD)
Malik Rucker--CB--Robbinsdale Copper (Minneapolis, MN)
John Augusta--DE--Peoria, IL

Also, RB RJ Shelton committed to Michigan St.

James Onwualu commits to Notre Dame.

Iowa offers RB Zaire Williams from Timber Creek Regional in New Jersey, our 3rd offer to a player from that school.

Jake Campos from Valley offered by Oregon according to Blair at Rivals. He's also made a couple of visits to Missouri recently.

I'd really like to see Campos pull the trigger. Good athlete at 6-7, but still a lighter guy, with plenty of frame for KF to build on. And he's an Iowa guy.

when it comes to getting OL its has been the least of my worries as the staff does a excellent job of identifying and developing them. i do like his size and the quickness in his video, and the instate part is a bonus. Campos @ OL, Raridon @DT and Wisnieski @ TE would be my top 3 instate targets.

when it comes to getting OL its has been the least of my worries as the staff does a excellent job of identifying and developing them. i do like his size and the quickness in his video, and the instate part is a bonus. Campos @ OL, Raridon @DT and Wisnieski @ TE would be my top 3 instate targets.

Oklahoma looking hard at Campos.