Tracking 2012 Class Offers

Recruiting is so unpredictable. I think recruits can realize that there may be opportunity and if they think about it, Iowa has had good seasons and should be up for more. Just need the players, maybe they can be the players. Now these are high school kids and each one has a different mind set. Some want the championships, the fame etc of a Alabama, some want to help the home state program (woodbury). It's a crazy thing that is why most of us like following it and trying to figure out what is going to happen.

Went to solon union game...the union runningback can play a bit...anyone.know anything about him?? Idk what year he is or even how big he is. Probably not d1 but would love to hear more. Fun kid to watch tote the rock.

According to Rivals heis the 10th best prospect in the state this year. My guess is that he will be an FCS kid. It is possible that UNI may give him a serious look.

Actually, someone tweeted, and I can't remember which Iowa guy it was, that he was still having conversations with the Iowa staff. Probably a preferred walk-on or last option, but I've heard he's really good. The guy who lives next to me played fullback for Union last year and said he's the fastest/strongest player that he's ever seen. Also, his older sister goes here to Iowa as well.

Jordan Diamond had to reschedule his visit to Iowa City for a second time today. I know he has his "reasons" but I don't have a good feeling about him.

if Iowa is his last visit i feel good about him, but i believe we lose just 3 O-L and with Ward and Keppy on board, to get Kozan would fill the losses

But another week passes as we hold Kyle Fuller out there on the line.. and Kozan visits his dream school and Diamond can't visit again.

But another week passes as we hold Kyle Fuller out there on the line.. and Kozan visits his dream school and Diamond can't visit again.

Fuller is not getting a full scholarship offer. That was established a while back.
Kozan=O$U
Diamond should wait to see who will offer him a vehicle so he can make a visit. Alabama just offered him....I'm sure Saban will throw something his way.

Fuller is not getting a full scholarship offer. That was established a while back.
Kozan=O$U
Diamond should wait to see who will offer him a vehicle so he can make a visit. Alabama just offered him....I'm sure Saban will throw something his way.

Seriously? Iowa is trying to make a top 50 positional prospect, who is more highly regarded than current commit Mitchell Keppy by about every analyst walk-on? They must have something in the works if they can try and pull this.

Seriously? Iowa is trying to make a top 50 positional prospect, who is more highly regarded than current commit Mitchell Keppy by about every analyst walk-on? They must have something in the works if they can try and pull this.

I don't think it is about his talent....more about grades if I remember correctly.

with Keppy he plays on a school that very few people know about, also when it comes to a O-Line recruit that is one recruit that i will trust KF to make the best choice, so the walk-on comment was uncalled for, besides Rivals and Scout has him as a 3*, with scout listing him as 93rd best O-L, so not all recruiting sites consider him a walk-on

Don't think brett was calling Keppy a walk-on; but rather Fuller is too good to not be given a full-ride.

Didn't it come out that Fuller was being less than genuine in some of the offers that he was reporting?

Lots of fishy stuff going on with that kid.

Okay, so with all of this Penn State crap going on, as a recruit wouldn't you change your mind on how you look at them? I know there isn't going to be any sanctions or anything like that but it is about morals. What happened there is just sick and I'm not sure if I would want to be apart of a team coached by a guy that didn't turn this in to the cops. That being said, Malik Golden picked them over us....any chance he changes his mind? I bet Kirk would take him in still.

DE Collin Bevins has decided to stay with his verbal to Iowa State according to Todd Worly of 247 Sports.

@ToddWorly247
Creston (Iowa) DE Collin Bevins' dad let me know that Collin has decided to remain committed to Iowa State. #Iowa offered earlier this fall.

What are the chances we can get Rippy and Garmon from PA?

I'd like to see the Hawks pull in Ekakitie, Valentine and Cox.

Garmen had Iowa at the top of his list last i heard, it might help with Rippy some, but there is another Pennsylvania recruit i am curious about, and that is Spence, his interest in Iowa is low but you never know what can make a recruit change his interest, as he was high on UNC, but with the trouble they are having, that can change as well

Garmen had Iowa at the top of his list last i heard, it might help with Rippy some, but there is another Pennsylvania recruit i am curious about, and that is Spence, his interest in Iowa is low but you never know what can make a recruit change his interest, as he was high on UNC, but with the trouble they are having, that can change as well

That's good to hear about Garmon. You can never have too many RBs. It would be nice to see us pull in a couple of these guys from PA. Spence doesn't look to have an offer from UNC, and ND and USC are still in the mix, so I think our chances of getting him are kinda low......unless he wants to play in the Big 10. What do you think about Cox though?