Tracking 2012 Class Offers

We were looking at Caldwell as a LB? Seems we have much more need for kick DL.

This surprises me. Though I know nothing about evaluating talent, it seed as if this guy could have been a DE or MLB; both of which we really need. Not sure I understand this at all....

This winnowing down process should be interesting to watch we're still in on probably more guys than we can take and obviously some won't pick us and a couple may have their scholarship offers pulled or simply won't be contacted.

I'd say we're looking at these guys in the final group of offers short of a surprise or two;

Ian Thomas
Alex Kozan
Aaron Harris
Aaron Curry(unlikely to happen)
Sean Draper
V. Bentley
E. Schwan

Another one could be DT Willie Henry scheduled to visit this weekend.

Of that group there's likely some "first one to take the slot get's it" offers.

Thomas and Kozan are probably the highest thought of the group.

Seeing tweets out there from Rivals/247/UNC Football folks saying Ian Thomas did not make it down for his official visit this weekend

Seeing tweets out there from Rivals/247/UNC Football folks saying Ian Thomas did not make it down for his official visit this weekend

You have to believe he committed to Iowa if he didn't visit. No other real explanation (other than UNC pulled his offer, which means he likely committed to Iowa anyways). Might explain why we've been pulling offers these last few days. If we know what Thomas and Kozan's decisions are it gives the coaches a better idea of how to fill the few remaining scholarships.

don't leave out Terrell Jackson DE/DT 3* 6'3 255 LB 4.9 40, out of Ohio sounds like it might end up coming down to MSU and Iowa, he is about the same weight, height and speed as Clayborne when he came out of HS

Last edited:
don't leave out Terrell Jackson DE/DT 3* 6'3 255 LB 4.9 40, out of Ohio sounds like it might end up coming down to MSU and Iowa, he is about the same weight, height and speed as Clayborne when he came out of HS

He doesn't have an offer from Iowa anymore. Most likely headed to MSU.

no need did some checking, Iowa did not pull his offer, Iowa offered on the 26th, MSU called him and he told them No offer No visit, they offered and now he is visiting MSU this weekend, sounds like he wanted the offer, now that he has the offer most expect him to go to MSU, guess it sucks to choose a school that considered you a fallback, over a team that wanted you no matter who was already on board.
the onle offer to be pulled was Caldwell DE/LB

also I would not be surprised to see Curry go to TCU or T A&M and Jackson to MSU, and Iowa get Henri as the surprise DT commit, as Phil Parker is recruiting him and Lavarr Woods visited him the other day and supposedly going to visit this weekend, and if Jackson and Curry go elsewhere, gets a last second offer and accepts.
recruiting getting weider and weirder as 3* kids are waiting til signing day now to announce

no need did some checking, Iowa did not pull his offer, Iowa offered on the 26th, MSU called him and he told them No offer No visit, they offered and now he is visiting MSU this weekend, sounds like he wanted the offer, now that he has the offer most expect him to go to MSU, guess it sucks to choose a school that considered you a fallback, over a team that wanted you no matter who was already on board.
the onle offer to be pulled was Caldwell DE/LB

He got offered by Iowa on the 22nd
https://twitter.com/#!/hawkeyebball/status/161216202935508993

According to Blair at Rivals, got his offer pulled by Iowa on the 26th. Most likely because of Jaleel Johnson staying with the Hawks.

MSU offered after that and he is going to visit today.

He told the folks at the 247 sports site that the Iowa coaches told him his offer was pulled because he was visiting NC State.

He got offered by Iowa on the 22nd
https://twitter.com/#!/hawkeyebball/status/161216202935508993

According to Blair at Rivals, got his offer pulled by Iowa on the 26th. Most likely because of Jaleel Johnson staying with the Hawks.

MSU offered after that and he is going to visit today.

agree mick - he got is offered pulled when jj decided not to take the msu trip. i'm sure jackson's offer was conditional as to what jj was going to do, and iowa used that card to keep jj from taking the trip to msu. good poker playing.

Latest posts