Tracking 2012 Class Offers

Do we like Shaw as DB?

He was originally recruited as a DB, but given how terrible Iowa's situation in the offensive backfield looks going into next year, I doubt they will have any choice but to start him out there.

That would make three players on the roster that the coaching staff liked better at other positions but will be shoehorned into the offensive backfield out of necessity (Bullock, Malloy, Shaw).

So Kozan and Meier make 21 if I'm not mistaken.

Anyone have a list of our remaining offers?

Ian Thomas
Tevin Shaw

As I mentioned in another thread.. you'd have to think we've only got 3-4 more to fill. I'd go with 3.

Ian Thomas
Tevin Shaw
Willie Henry (Had a Mich offer this weekend.. which is odd. Didn't they tell Schutt NO??)
Aaron Curry (Sounds like Nebby/TCU lean)
Sean Draper
V'Angelo Bentley

It sounds like we could very well miss out on another DL commit.

Does the staff leave a spot open for Lambert?

As I mentioned in another thread.. you'd have to think we've only got 3-4 more to fill. I'd go with 3.

Ian Thomas
Tevin Shaw
Willie Henry (Had a Mich offer this weekend.. which is odd. Didn't they tell Schutt NO??)
Aaron Curry (Sounds like Nebby/TCU lean)
Sean Draper
V'Angelo Bentley

It sounds like we could very well miss out on another DL commit.

Does the staff leave a spot open for Lambert?

Doubt Shaw comes here.
Curry eliminated TCU.
Draper is a Iowa lean.

I really find it odd that Mich closed up their DLine class so early.. left Tommy Schutt like a red headed step child.. and now just offered Willie Henry..

UM probably wanted to add another body and they had a scholarship left over when they lost the 5* OT to Stanford and Kozan to us. So they wanted to get in on Henry when they could.

Rutgers has hired Mario Cristobal to replace Schiano.

I'd bet on Lambert sticking w/ Rutgers, and Thomas may be harder to get as well.

Cristobal is a great hire for Rutgers.

Rutgers has hired Mario Cristobal to replace Schiano.

I'd bet on Lambert sticking w/ Rutgers, and Thomas may be harder to get as well.

Cristobal is a great hire for Rutgers.

Depends on who he keeps from the current staff...

Rob is reporting that that Ole Miss QB CJ Beathard who visited this last weekend is a heavy Iowa lean..

Another QB?

I know the JUCO essentially replaces the Derby spot.. but this is a bit surprising.

Rob is reporting that that Ole Miss QB CJ Beathard who visited this last weekend is a heavy Iowa lean..

Another QB?

I know the JUCO essentially replaces the Derby spot.. but this is a bit surprising.

Not really. After this year, Iowa will most likely have a RS So (Rudock), a RS Jr (Sokol), and a RS Fr(Beathard)

Latest posts