Tracking 2012 Class Offers

Rivals shows no offer and Scout says he has an offer. The interesting thing about this recruit is that he is Sean Combs (P. Diddy) son

Who his father is matters little. What matters is that the young man has done well enough at a number of 7-on-7 competitions to prove that he can cover. The fact that he wants to establish his own name on his own terms is nicely telling. I wish the young man good luck. And, since the Iowa coaches have allegedly offered .... hopefully he ends up a Hawk!

We already have quite the roster of kids. Former heavyweight champ Oliver McCall's kid, the son of the defensive coordinator for the Philadelphia Eagles, the son of a college football hall of famer (jimbo covert), and at least one other longtime NFL player (Lowdermilk).

Says he might visit Iowa this fall even if he commits somewhere else first.

Doesn't sound like we'll get his initial commitment, but we've certainly been down the road of kids changing their minds after committing, both positive and negative.

This might be old news, but Malik Golden will be announcing his college choice tomorrow. I had heard that it would be sometime this week, but 247 says it will be Wednesday. That makes Golden, Lile, and Gregory that will all be announcing in the next eleven days (before official visits start). My gut feeling says we will land Lile and one of the other two, but not all three.

That sucks that Golden isn't coming for another visit...things aren't looking good. I hope we get Lile! I bet gregory heads south. Just my guesses

Last edited:
What's everyone's thoughts on RB Wes Brown (6-1, 200, Our Lady of Good Counsel-Olney, MD)? He's a long shot to be a Hawkeye (top-ten running backs don't land in Iowa City terribly often), but Miami was his favorite according to his coach, who now says things have changed. He has a long offer sheet and hasn't narrowed it down too much, but he's from the same DC-area Catholic league that has landed the Hawkeyes Marcus Coker, Jim Poggi, Nico Law, Anthony Ferguson, Darrian Cooper, and Jordan Lomax in just the past two seasons.

Edit: After watching the video, this kid is at the very top of my list. He looks the part of a top-ten running back, which he is on a couple of sites. Iowa is likely a long-shot here, but he would be a great get if we do have a shot. Also, at about the 1:45 mark of this video, there's a play where Brown completely shakes Jordan Lomax out of his shoes.

Here's some film:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5WMA8lK4Wg]Wes Brown #4 2010 Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Follow-up on Brown--it looks like he named a top-2 of Miami and Michigan awhile back. With Miami now out of it, it seems he might be a Michigan lean now. We'll see how it goes.

What's everyone's thoughts on RB Wes Brown (6-1, 200, Our Lady of Good Counsel-Olney, MD)? He's a long shot to be a Hawkeye (top-ten running backs don't land in Iowa City terribly often), but Miami was his favorite according to his coach, who now says things have changed. He has a long offer sheet and hasn't narrowed it down too much, but he's from the same DC-area Catholic league that has landed the Hawkeyes Marcus Coker, Jim Poggi, Nico Law, Anthony Ferguson, Darrian Cooper, and Jordan Lomax in just the past two seasons.

Edit: After watching the video, this kid is at the very top of my list. He looks the part of a top-ten running back, which he is on a couple of sites. Iowa is likely a long-shot here, but he would be a great get if we do have a shot. Also, at about the 1:45 mark of this video, there's a play where Brown completely shakes Jordan Lomax out of his shoes.

Here's some film:

Wes Brown #4 2010 Highlights - YouTube
That would be sweet he we were still in play on this kid.
He was at the top of my list from the very beginning with Mahone and Hill following. I would love to land him and Smith and that would give us some insurance at RB.
My gut feeling is Rogers is not going to ever get back to where he was and D' J seems to be struggling a bit as well.

So NW is Lambert's clear favorite? Man would that blow if he ended up there. They just got Kuhar who I think is a good pickup and I believe Faith Ekakitie has them on top too. I'd like to see at least one of these guys change their mind.

Not a chance. He just set his first visit. My God, some of you people like to jump to conclusions.

I couldn't read the article. he said he had 1 visit, and 1 clear favorite. i was wondering who it was. A safe assumption is that they are the same place

Latest posts