Top 10 most under rated Hawkeye Bball players in history

Kent McCausland - Wasn't he one of the top 3-pt shooters in the nation

Brody Boyd -

Cyrus Tate -

Kenny Arnold -

Al Lorenzen -

Saw him mentioned earlier, and I agree. John Lickliter. NOBODY could be as bad as people made him out to be lol.

Kevin Kunnert

Glen "The Stick" Vidnovic

Kevin Boyle

Chris Street

Duez Henderson

Kenny Arnold

Reggie Evans

James Winters

Kenyon Murray

Chris Kingsbury

Last edited:
I woud defintely agree with Jeff Moe. He was such a nuisance in a game at Ann Arbor, that he had Bill Frieder swearing at him.

The conversation begins and ends with Don Nelson. The dude's in the NBA HOF, is the all time winningest coach in NBA history, and doesn't even have his fricken number retired.

What he did in the NBA has no bearing on his career at Iowa.

Don Nelson was a great Hawkeye...definitely one of the all-time greats...but does not deserve to have his number retired IMO.

Yes, Kenyon Murray was underrated. Go ahead and tell me why that isn't true.

Kenyon Murray was an Mcd's all American. Who avg less than 10pts per game and less than 5 reb a game. He was amazing on defense. Great guy played against him many times. Good all around player just not underrated by any means.

What about Jim Bartles?

Kenyon Murray was an Mcd's all American. Who avg less than 10pts per game and less than 5 reb a game. He was amazing on defense. Great guy played against him many times. Good all around player just not underrated by any means.

What about Jim Bartles?

I think that's why he was underrated. People expected more stats because he was a McD AA. He was a glue guy on those Iowa teams, without him, they wouldn't be nearly as successful. People discredit him for not putting up gaudy stats, that's why I think he's underrated in the value he brought to the team.

Ryan Bowen has to be high on the list. He had the longest NBA career of anybody in the last 30 years aside from BJ Armstrong. (I prefer to ignore Ricky Davis)

I don't think anybody saw that coming.

Doug Thomas, Michael Reaves, Mark Gannon and, how ANYone can say Andre Woolridge is underrated AS A HAWKEYE is off the mark. Outside Iowa, yes. As a Hawkeye, no.

Add Wade Lookinbill for his contributions after the tragic death of Chris Street. He needed to step up, and for the most part, he did.

What he did in the NBA has no bearing on his career at Iowa.

Don Nelson was a great Hawkeye...definitely one of the all-time greats...but does not deserve to have his number retired IMO.

How many other two time all americans have the Hawks had who don't have their number retired? He averaged 21 and 10.5 over his three year career. Nobody else has numbers like that. What is your criteria for having a number retired?

Last edited:
Doug Thomas, Michael Reaves, Mark Gannon and, how ANYone can say Andre Woolridge is underrated AS A HAWKEYE is off the mark. Outside Iowa, yes. As a Hawkeye, no.

Add Wade Lookinbill for his contributions after the tragic death of Chris Street. He needed to step up, and for the most part, he did.

Russ Millard played a similar role. I'll never forget his performance against the Fab Five, and the way it served as somewhat of a "redemption" for Russ was especially karmic. He was bouncing back from his own challenges, and the Street tragedy was a unique opportunity for him to live large. One of the most moving moments in Iowa sports history.

I wil just go with the Davis era to present: Dale Reed, Ryan Hogan, Jason Price, Joe Fermino, Jason Bauer, Jack Brownlee, Kevin Skillett, Kurt Spurgeon, Brig Tubbs, Andrew Brommer, Seth Gorney, Greg Helmers

Last edited:
I was a big Rodell Davis fan growing up. Had he not gotten injured, he would have easily been all B1G. Even with that big a$$ brace on his knee, he could still get up there.

I was a big Rodell Davis fan growing up. Had he not gotten injured, he would have easily been all B1G. Even with that big a$$ brace on his knee, he could still get up there.
True Davis would have been great along with a healthy Michael Ingram and Matt Bullard that 89-90 team could have been a good team. Not to mention the 2 players that got kicked out.

I wil just go with the Davis era to present: Dale Reed, Ryan Hogan, Jason Price, Joe Fermino, Jason Bauer, Jack Brownlee, Kevin Skillett, Kurt Spurgeon, Brig Tubbs, Andrew Brommer, Seth Gorney

Pretty sure Andrew Brommer was a lickliter guy, not Davis. Unless I am missing another?

Latest posts