Today is not about Greg Davis, or Jake Rudock

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
or any of those sorts of things....it's just the realization that Iowa is nothing more than average...and hasn't been much more than that since 2009...and all of the inconsistencies that go along with average.

To me, that is the story right now...and has a similar feel to the Alford era of hoops...good enough to be .500, not have a losing season, but not good enough to climb the ladder, in an era of Big Ten play that is as weak as I can ever recall.

This is far less to me about the specifics today, and more about the cumulative.

Except Jake Rudock is average at best too. Take away the threat of the run, and well below average. Just calling it like it is.

have to agree. case in point is not even trying your backup qb to change things up, when it provides at least a different approach. I said on the jet sweep to parker that iowa should put cj in and run jet sweep action and the read option off of that, due to how the Minny end bit so hard on the jet sweep. but, hey, you know, i'm not the coach.

or any of those sorts of things....it's just the realization that Iowa is nothing more than average...and hasn't been much more than that since 2009...and all of the inconsistencies that go along with average.

To me, that is the story right now...and has a similar feel to the Alford era of hoops...good enough to be .500, not have a losing season, but not good enough to climb the ladder, in an era of Big Ten play that is as weak as I can ever recall.

This is far less to me about the specifics today, and more about the cumulative.

It's just such a stale program right now.

So many things that I don't agree with from this regime.. and really never have.

They just got away with it in the early 2000's

The product is the sum of the parts... Ferentz can't continue like this. The program is imploding. Why does he continue to bury talent on the bench.... I don't blame Willies, look for more transfers to come. CJB clearly has a bigger toolset than Ruddock, Wadley is dynamic, haven't seen Powell for weeks. What is going on? Is he adverse to playmakers? It seams silly that Ferentz gets a way with riding on his limited success from 10-12 years ago. This is a different era in football.

You are right, it is not Rudocks fault, he shouldn't even be in there playing. You are right it isn't GD fault, he was a bad hire and shouldn't be calling plays at Iowa. Ferentz is the boss and should take responsibility.

I'm in Tokyo and the intellectual property gods have spared me from seeing this train wreck. Despite the score, I still think the Hawks are good enough to win out if they put together three great games, but are also bad enough to lose out. I hope to be in Champagne next Saturday donning the black and gold. Go hawks!

Then what does Iowa need to do to be better then average again?

This was a team loss. No one player or coach responsible. As KF said on the way into the locker room at the half "Out played, out coached and out scored."

Hey Jon average teams don't lose by 40+ to Minnesota. Minnesota is not good, they are average. We are bad.

Oklahoma is getting hammered by Baylor, there's a lot of OU fans that think they're program has stagnated. Barta at least needs to make that call this year, 95% chance Stoops says no, but you never know.

I'm in Tokyo and the intellectual property gods have spared me from seeing this train wreck. Despite the score, I still think the Hawks are good enough to win out if they put together three great games, but are also bad enough to lose out. I hope to be in Champagne next Saturday donning the black and gold. Go hawks!

Anata ga hontōni sō omoimasu ka?

#1 rule of leadership = everything is your fault. Iowa doesn't have to be bad like this....but they are. Bottom line is this is all KF ' fault.