Today is not about Greg Davis, or Jake Rudock

or any of those sorts of things....it's just the realization that Iowa is nothing more than average...and hasn't been much more than that since 2009...and all of the inconsistencies that go along with average.

To me, that is the story right now...and has a similar feel to the Alford era of hoops...good enough to be .500, not have a losing season, but not good enough to climb the ladder, in an era of Big Ten play that is as weak as I can ever recall.

This is far less to me about the specifics today, and more about the cumulative.

This is correct, and people owe Jon an apology for what they said to him about his "cracks in the foundation" article. Seriously.

Minnesota looked faster and stronger, they held onto the ball which is why we lost.

Now when things started going bad by middle 2nd qtr I think you make a few changes like maybe Wadley, Parker, and CJB to get a boost of speed and some fresh legs. etc

Jon Miller is nothing more than a so called fan of Iowa. Melts down when they lose like any other internet forum contributor. He contains himself more than most because he runs the show. Otherwise he is just like the rest of em. Crybaby

This post must be some type of joke or the poster is one with the mental capacity of my 15 month old son. JM has been pretty tame compared to most on this site (myself included) and I think he's been pretty objective. Perhaps emerging from your parents basement and joining us in the real world is something you'd like to do this afternoon? Just saying...

or any of those sorts of things....it's just the realization that Iowa is nothing more than average...and hasn't been much more than that since 2009...and all of the inconsistencies that go along with average.

To me, that is the story right now...and has a similar feel to the Alford era of hoops...good enough to be .500, not have a losing season, but not good enough to climb the ladder, in an era of Big Ten play that is as weak as I can ever recall.

This is far less to me about the specifics today, and more about the cumulative.
Kirk Ferentz is the reason why Greg Davis is the QC, and why Jake Rudock is QB in the Davis offense Iowa.

It's time for a change at head coach. Everything starts there.

Generals are always fighting the last war, they fail and then new generals get in place and adapt. Kirk is an old general playing ball likes it's 2004.

at least in 2004 he was willing to let KOK change the offense mid season...........now he has greg davis who can't change his underwear without a how to manual.

This post must be some type of joke or the poster is one with the mental capacity of my 15 month old son. JM has been pretty tame compared to most on this site (myself included) and I think he's been pretty objective. Perhaps emerging from your parents basement and joining us in the real world is something you'd like to do this afternoon? Just saying...
oh God you are a tool. I have been following Hawkeyenation for 6 years and Miller in general long before that. I have a good grasp on what he thinks.
Also, the whole parents basement thing, is so overused man. Move on from that Mr

accept his statements were correct. we have an average coach that produces average teams. but we hawk fans love our team so much, we fall prey to the hype; or, god forbid, we put expectations on the coach to produce a championship team.
Accept or except.

This is about the QB, Jake. Can Jake make the correct reads and throws against opponent's secondaries?
Is the wind howling? Does the OLine give him enough time to pick out his receiver? Jake needs a pretty large window before he contemplates making a throw. How strong is the opponent's secondary, anyway? Does Iowa fall behind? In other words, does Iowa's offense depend on Jake's passing?

As long as Jake isn't the main focus of Iowa's offense, Iowa has a chance. (Kurt's optimal scenario). Iowa's offense, however, needs to score a lot of points for Iowa to win this season.

Dear God!! Which one of our LB's got killed today!!??

....Oh wait, I guess it was all of them?

Let's cut KF some slack as it was not like he could forecast losing all 3 SR LB's heading into last season. No reason to get a JUCO or two to bridge the gap or anything.

oh God you are a tool. I have been following Hawkeyenation for 6 years and Miller in general long before that. I have a good grasp on what he thinks.
Also, the whole parents basement thing, is so overused man. Move on from that Mr

Big deal, so you've been following the Hawks since you were 8...impressive. As for you having an idea of what JM thinks, apparently you don't or you haven't been reading the boards for the past two seasons. The whole parents basement thing might be overused but if the shoe fits...well, you know the rest.

This was a team loss. No one player or coach responsible. As KF said on the way into the locker room at the half "Out played, out coached and out scored."

Yeah well all 3 of those are foundationally COACHING

Minnesota looked faster and stronger, they held onto the ball which is why we lost.

Now when things started going bad by middle 2nd qtr I think you make a few changes like maybe Wadley, Parker, and CJB to get a boost of speed and some fresh legs. etc

Parker scares the crap out of me. I feel like he is going to drop or fumble the ball every time it goes his way. He should not see the field. Not on offense anyhow. Every time he is back for a kick return, he looks like he is going to drop the ball. Or worse, he does. He doesn't have the hands.

We could have a top ten recruiting class it and won't make a difference. Kirk is not gonna play the best players anyways so what does it matter. Slamming slow a** Mark Wiesman into the line all day long over and over makes me sick. He slams on the breaks prior to getting to the line and falls forward for one yard. At least Akrum, fumbles or not, gets to the hole half a second faster and turns Mark's gain of 1 into a gain of 5. Then you have Quinton Alston just lost in middle of the field. I mean what are we doing. Quinton sure looks the part of a top tier lb except he is absolutely nowhere to be found on any plays. On one of the running td plays he ran straight forward only for the play to bounce outside and then he gives chase latterly and wiffs. It's playing bad players repeatedly and hoping for a different result. Minny exposed our entire team plain and simple.

agreed. And it's time to get rid of an average coach.

Latest posts