Today is not about Greg Davis, or Jake Rudock

That is a recipe for a 51-14 butt kicking
Losing to an average Minnesota isn't so bad. We are average at best. It is how we lost. If this game had been a 28-21 or even 51-35 loss it wouldn't be so bad. But to lose 51-7 (the last TD doesn't count) to a team that going in Vegas was calling a pick em game, is embarrassing. KF should be embarrassed. Much like the Maryland game, we march down the field on the first drive, then tank. Total lack of preperation. When this game was getting out of hand in the 2nd quarter, KF stood there and watched it burn. He has seen this before and had the same reaction....no pulse, no change. It was obvious this team needed a spark. Nothing, no change...flat line. That's football.
9 games in this team still doesn't have an identity. In year 16 of this regime...unbelievable.
We MIGHT beat Illinois, we will not beat Wisconsin or Nebraska. They will run us over. Home game won't help

We could have a top ten recruiting class it and won't make a difference. Kirk is not gonna play the best players anyways so what does it matter. Slamming slow a** Mark Wiesman into the line all day long over and over makes me sick. He slams on the breaks prior to getting to the line and falls forward for one yard. At least Akrum, fumbles or not, gets to the hole half a second faster and turns Mark's gain of 1 into a gain of 5. Then you have Quinton Alston just lost in middle of the field. I mean what are we doing. Quinton sure looks the part of a top tier lb except he is absolutely nowhere to be found on any plays. On one of the running td plays he ran straight forward only for the play to bounce outside and then he gives chase latterly and wiffs. It's playing bad players repeatedly and hoping for a different result. Minny exposed our entire team plain and simple.

Ferentz said he'd be really surprised If Alston didn't excel...I guess color Ferentz surprised..Black Heart Gold Pants also thinks there's something going on in the locker room..I tend to agree..I'm thinking Ferentz doesn't know..maybe he knows now after yesterday..never thought I'd see the day when a hawk team quit..Mike Hlas tweeted during the game that Minny looked hungry..Iowa looked cold..I thought that summed it up

Ferentz said he'd be really surprised If Alston didn't excel...I guess color Ferentz surprised..Black Heart Gold Pants also thinks there's something going on in the locker room..I tend to agree..I'm thinking Ferentz doesn't know..maybe he knows now after yesterday..never thought I'd see the day when a hawk team quit..Mike Hlas tweeted during the game that Minny looked hungry..Iowa looked cold..I thought that summed it up

I have heard there has been a divide in the locker room for some time.

Let's keep in mind that Alston is senior mature but really getting his first significant and extended minutes this year. His situation underscores multiple issues. First we do not blow out even bad opponents in order to get young players some much needed PT. Second we often entrench players sometimes right, sometimes wrong so this makes recruiting behind them really challenging with no reality of any PT. Let's look at this year. Is Bower now entrenched for 4 years? How about Jewell if he finishes the year? Not saying good or bad for either but that leaves one spot to recruit to. Good luck building depth and attracting better players to LB.

Latest posts