Today in How the B1G Football World Turns

Nothing’s wrong with me. You tried to pass bullshit off and I called you on it.

What newspaper said 80% of hospitalizations are “non-locals?” What day was the article written?

What’s the large hospital that reports, and what’s the small hospital that doesn’t?

You said the IDPH website is lying, what’s your factual (non anecdotal) basis for that?

I’d like to check for myself.

They gave specific numbers and I did the math. You can find it given your obsession. Never said they were lying...your words. You are the biggest bullshitter on here. You really need help. I have other things to do now such as wishing my son well who is deploying out of Sioux City today.

Have a nice day.

It's a difficult statistic to get a handle on.

Yes, the majority of hospitals have assigned floors and/or rooms for Covid, but those rooms also are designated for "Covid rule-outs," the number of which easily exceeds the number of actual Covid patients at a given point in time. The majority of rule-outs ultimately test negative, but are treated as if they are positive until the test result comes back. Hospitals generally don't make that distinction when reporting cases.

Also, just to muddy the waters further, those that test positive may not actually be suffering from Covid per se, but may simply have the virus in their system while presenting with a different infection or cardiopulmonary issue. Sorting that out is going to be a major challenge during the flu season.
I'll tell you for a fact that the floor in the hospital I work is not for covid rule outs. They have tested positive before they ever go to that floor. Also, if you have covid in your system you have covid, period. Sure they may be presenting with another issue as well, but covid is likely exacerbating that issue. If you have covid, you go to the covid floor, there is nothing to sort out. A simple swab is all it takes to determine if you have covid, or the flu.

He's full of shit, dude. Don't take a word he types seriously. Whatever response he gives you is going to be made up and pulled from thin air. He sure as hell won't qualify it as opinion.
I was taking more of an angle towards the potential number of students coming into the state from Chicavo that may have brought the virus with them,especially in light of Chicago mayor Lightfoot putting a quarantine on Iowa visitors coming into HER city. And in Governor Pritzker tnreate ing JoDaviess county with shutdown, when everyone knows it is a summer playground for Chicago people with a little money (of which there are many).

But you actually went a step further and researched Champaign, so kudos.

As for Gold, he tries to inject moral conscience into absolutely anything, then tries to defend it as the right thing, which frequently digs him into a deeper hole, then tries to go the Walter Mitty Route. Its always, the oppressed, the abused, the plight of growing up in rural covert racist Iowa. You called him out for injecting morals into the Tyler Sash thread and I did the same about three weeks ago with the Dericho thread. His attempts to spin the thread didn't belong in either one. What happened in Cedar Rapids was no joke.

But he can't help himself. Go back a couple years and you will probably remember starting a thread about booster clubs. The first two people to respond were myself and Gold. Look at my post compared to his and that will tell all you need to know.

In Gold's world, there's always a victim being wronged, and he always thinks he has the wherewithal to fix it.

Just saw on the halftime they are voting Sunday.

It kills me to see all these teams in the B1G footprint playing. Hoping for a big YES on playing.

I was taking more of an angle towards the potential number of students coming into the state from Chicavo that may have brought the virus with them,especially in light of Chicago mayor Lightfoot putting a quarantine on Iowa visitors coming into HER city. And in Governor Pritzker tnreate ing JoDaviess county with shutdown, when everyone knows it is a summer playground for Chicago people with a little money (of which there are many).

As for Gold, he tries to inject moral conscience into absolutely anything, then tries to defend it as the right thing, which frequently digs him into a deeper hole, then tries to go the Walter Mitty Route. Its always, the oppressed, the abused, the plight of growing up in rural covert racist Iowa. You called him out for injecting morals into the Tyler Sash thread and I did the same about three weeks ago with the Dericho thread. His attempts to spin the thread didn't belong in either one. What happened in Cedar Rapids was no joke.

But he can't help himself. Go back a couple years and you will probably remember starting a thread about booster clubs. The first two people to respond were myself and Gold. Look at my post compared to his and that will tell all you need to know.

In Gold's world, there's always a victim being wronged, and he always thinks he has the wherewithal to fix it.

I have one of the articles, he wrote such a long response I figure he can find it. Bit disappointed you'd kiss up to Fry. But hey he's entertaining.

Not sure how talking about concussions doesn't involve in a Tyler thread. As of mid last week there were 20 hospitalizations locally in one of 3 hospitals.

I'll tell you for a fact that the floor in the hospital I work is not for covid rule outs. They have tested positive before they ever go to that floor. Also, if you have covid in your system you have covid, period. Sure they may be presenting with another issue as well, but covid is likely exacerbating that issue. If you have covid, you go to the covid floor, there is nothing to sort out. A simple swab is all it takes to determine if you have covid, or the flu.
It depends primarily on the hospital system and which tests they are utilizing. All five of the hospitals in my city are managing covid positives and rule-outs the same. Confirmatory testing has been taking about 4-6 days. Until the test result returns, the rule-outs are treated as if they are positive. It depends upon the census, but our regional medical center tries to restrict them to three different floors depending upon the level of acuity.

POC testing with the Abbott test is gaining steam and will likely streamline inpatient care more and more. Based upon what you are saying, I'm assuming your hospital has decided to rely upon that test, but that's not even close to being universally accepted yet.

If they're not using the Abbott test, I'd genuinely be curious as to how they are managing the rule-outs knowing that they may in fact be positive. For example, are they keeping them in the general population, then transferring them to a specific unit after they are confirmed positive?

Where Fry is mistaken is the CDC numbers are for residents of the county. The article cited 3. CDC reports 1. How many counties in the US and which day?

You know this whole discussion is weird. It is like the death count and coroner report argument where there can be up to 4 contributing items to cause of death.

Like one of the top virologist/doctors said if a person has hardening of the arteries, is overweight with high blood pressure, is pre-diabetic, and has a slow growth prostate cancer but gets run over by a truck and dies then the cause of death is qetting squished by a truck on a road, not their other health issues.

My best friends dad lived 10 years with lung cancer some years ago. It was amazing he lived that long so if someone with cancer who might live a few years dies of Covid then covid is the major cause of death.

It is the same for why people are admitted to the hospital and many are admitted for Covid diagnosis test and symptoms. Not sure why all the arguing and pointing fingers about a fairly clear cut practice of describing hospitalizations.

According to Milwaukee Journal Sentinel B1G officials are confident plan will be approved to start the season in 2020. Article says Oct 17 is possible start date.

I have one of the articles, he wrote such a long response I figure he can find it. Bit disappointed you'd kiss up to Fry. But hey he's entertaining.

Not sure how talking about concussions doesn't involve in a Tyler thread. As of mid last week there were 20 hospitalizations locally in one of 3 hospitals.
Gold, there is no way to describe what you do. Its just you.:)

Good luck to your son and thank you for his service

Latest posts