To years ago this week, Iowa 9-0 & on SI

Not to hijack the thread, but no wonder divorce is the go to answer for so many people these days.

Rather than work out the problems and fix things in the program, people are ready to just cut ties every couple years. It is really silly.

By all rights we should have finished last season 6-6 (thx, Indiana, for being Indiana) with a team primed for a title run. We'll be lucky to finish 6-6 this year. With the leading rusher and one of the top three receivers in the B1G. And an offensive line that was supposed to be outstanding and a QB coming of age. Not to mention an all-B1G DB.

Something stinks in Kinnick, and it ain't the drunk frat boys.

Hey, btw...why in the hell don't we have a quarterbacks coach? And should I be unconcerned that neither the said leading rusher or top three receiver got a single touch on the fruitless, panicked final drive against world-beater Minnesota?

It ain't Jihad. It's Occams Razor.

Firing Kirk now? Yeah, I think its irrational. Program changes? I have not said that is irrational.

Calling out individual players - unacceptable; calling posters who criticize the coaching staff a term widely used to denote terrorist motivations - acceptable?

Last edited:
THIS WEEK Iowa is 5-3, not having beaten a team on the road, or with a winning record. Iowa's losses have come against bottom-dweller teams ISU and Minnesota (when Iowa was double-digit favorites in each) and against a Penn State team that held Iowa's supposedly "high-powered" offense to 3 points.

Who the hell cares about what happened 2 years ago. How did things get THIS BAD so quickly?

IIRC, the spread in the ISU game was only 6.5........50th in FBS in passing yards and 60th in rushing yards is not really what I consider "high-powered".......just sayin.

Yeah, and 30 years ago I had a full head of hair, six-pack abs, and front row seats for the magical 1981 season.
So what?
As Ms Jackson says, "What have you done for me lately?"
Sucka want $3,000,000 sucka gotta EARN it!!!

Oh the memories.

DJK.jpg

Still a fan of DJK, haters can hate

I recall Nebraska and Michigan fans not being happy with Solich and Carr and somehow convincing thier schools that they deserved better. Are you chicken littles ready for a lost decade? Back away from the ledge, and act like a fan, show up at Kinnick this Saturday and cheer the Hawks.
ON IOWA

Are you young enough to get on the field? Go hawks!!!!

Not to hijack the thread, but no wonder divorce is the go to answer for so many people these days.

Rather than work out the problems and fix things in the program, people are ready to just cut ties every couple years. It is really silly.

The more level headed fans are calling for changes, not divorce. A better analogy would be an irate wife asking for her husband to quit being a lazy drunk, and then being ignored and told it's none of her business. Eventually, there IS going to be a divorce. I think what people are steamed about is not seeing anything other than lip service being paid to the problems that seem to crop up again and again...

Special teams, 3 and long, 2 minute drill, flexing O and D to what works against the opponent.

Take the Pitt game, for example. I was convinced that KOK had been stuffed in a locker after the 3rd quarter to see the Hawks make an appropriate change.

I think its time for Hayden to have a talk with his pupil, Mr Ferentz, about what it takes to win here...

3 sub par years, 3 above par years, 3 sub par years, 3 above par years...

Pretty simple. Follow the trend and you shouldn't be surprised.

If you are okay with three years of success every few years, you should be happy.

If you want more, you should not be happy.

Really, not rocket science here.

Again how the hell is 2001 a bad year while 2010 a good year? You have no clue what you're talking about.

Again how the hell is 2001 a bad year while 2010 a good year? You have no clue what you're talking about.

The whole three year cycle idea was ruined last year. for the 2008-2010 cycle to be a success last year needed to finish better than 7-5 in the regular season. As far as I am concerned, 2010 was the start of a down cycle.

The whole three year cycle idea was ruined last year. for the 2008-2010 cycle to be a success last year needed to finish better than 7-5 in the regular season. As far as I am concerned, 2010 was the start of a down cycle.

It was ruined in 2001. When a team that has won four games in the previous two seasons combined wins seven games including a bowl game, how is that not a successful season?

The more level headed fans are calling for changes, not divorce. A better analogy would be an irate wife asking for her husband to quit being a lazy drunk, and then being ignored and told it's none of her business. Eventually, there IS going to be a divorce. I think what people are steamed about is not seeing anything other than lip service being paid to the problems that seem to crop up again and again...

Special teams, 3 and long, 2 minute drill, flexing O and D to what works against the opponent.

Take the Pitt game, for example. I was convinced that KOK had been stuffed in a locker after the 3rd quarter to see the Hawks make an appropriate change.

I think its time for Hayden to have a talk with his pupil, Mr Ferentz, about what it takes to win here...

I would like to add playing starters well into the fourth quarter of blowouts to the list of grievances.

It was ruined in 2001. When a team that has won four games in the previous two seasons combined wins seven games including a bowl game, how is that not a successful season?

In my eyes it has always been:

99-01 Building years
02-04 Glory Years
05-07 Downward spiral

08 and 09 were return to glory years however 10 didn't fit in with that category because the team failed miserably to meet expectations.

Latest posts