TN players opting out

Hawkfnntn

Well so far Iowa's winning the battle of players who are opting in/out. TN is having a handful of starting main guys opt out. Here's a list of them plus Jaylen Wright their starting RB just opted out too. He's pretty good but so are their backups they are TN they have no shortage of RBs usually. But having their starter out sure won't hurt. The DBs and DE that are opting out are the main ones on D for them. Not that our O can take advantage of that at all but at least it won't be that much tougher anyway.

• Tamarion McDonald, DB (transfer portal)
  • De’Shawn Rucker, CB (transfer portal)
  • Doneiko Slaughter, CB (transfer portal)
  • Tyler Baron, EDGE (transfer portal)
  • Connor Meadows, iOL (transfer portal)
  • Addison Nichols, iOL (transfer portal)
  • Brandon Turnage, DB (transfer portal)
  • Jack Luttrell, DB (transfer portal)
  • Mo Clipper Jr., iOL (transfer portal)
  • Warren Burrell, CB (transfer portal)

Well so far Iowa's winning the battle of players who are opting in/out. TN is having a handful of starting main guys opt out. Here's a list of them plus Jaylen Wright their starting RB just opted out too. He's pretty good but so are their backups they are TN they have no shortage of RBs usually. But having their starter out sure won't hurt. The DBs and DE that are opting out are the main ones on D for them. Not that our O can take advantage of that at all but at least it won't be that much tougher anyway.

So they aren't really opting out to avoid an injury prior to the NFL draft or leaving early, they have entered the portal which is expected.

Jaylen Wright is a 1000 yard rusher. He definitely opted out. That’s a big loss for them.

When you have starters sitting out to avoid injury and prepare for the draft, I think everyone gets that and its next man up. When that many starters are hitting the portal, there is the real possibility that they have a culture issue. I am confident this team is still more talented than Iowa, but whether they will show up and play as a team remains to be seen.

Jaylen Wright is a 1000 yard rusher. He definitely opted out. That’s a big loss for them.

OK, so they're out a running back and a bunch of corner's and d-backs.
That's not exactly a boat going without a hull.

I mean, losing a runningback against Iowa is kind of like a boat going without a few extra lifejackets.
Going without your top corners against Iowa is pretty much like a boat going without a 1:8 scale highly detailed replica of Sputnik.

When you have starters sitting out to avoid injury and prepare for the draft, I think everyone gets that and its next man up. When that many starters are hitting the portal, there is the real possibility that they have a culture issue. I am confident this team is still more talented than Iowa, but whether they will show up and play as a team remains to be seen.
Exactly.

OK, so they're out a running back and a bunch of corner's and d-backs.
That's not exactly a boat going without a hull.

I mean, losing a runningback against Iowa is kind of like a boat going without a few extra lifejackets.
Going without your top corners against Iowa is pretty much like a boat going without a 1:8 scale highly detailed replica of Sputnik.
I mean if Iowa were to pull off just one or 2 big passing plays due to it that's often all it takes for Iowa to win games right? It's not just about coverage either for their DBs but tackling. I'm not saying it sways towards giving Iowa the advantage in the game necessarily. But it sways Iowa having a better shot at executing even just a couple plays that could impact the game.

Since I've spent about all of five minutes following or watching TN football this year, this really means nothing to me. I get it that the starting RB is out but are the transfers in the two-deeps or are they players moving on in search of playing time?

Everything helps. Rocky Top losing starters is good for us.

If Philbin is the new guy, hopefully in can pop by and give BF a few new ideas. I'd have the guy in town tomorrow working with the line.

Sooo, like last year this is going to feel like a hollow victory or a crushing loss? I guess Iowa uses this as a recruiting trip, oh wait, Brian is still the OC for some reason going into 2024 so that's not going to work. What a dumb situation Iowa has put themselves into. Waiting for a OC, letting the outgoing OC work the bowl game, and leaving the recruits and returning players in the land of limbo. Does anyone think this makes sense? At least hire the damm new OC now so they can evaluate the players and team needs before the bowl game so they can observe the extra practices. This whole BF/ KF farse has really deflated my fandom.

I actually think they win and go 11-3. What does that even mean? Not much. Lainez is going to get snaps and that is all I care about. Moving forward, I just want to know what that looks like.

I think that the SEC has more players who are from under privileged families and are less inclined to be motivated be loyalty, playing for a good coach, developing and staying the course. They more inclined to listen to outside voices who say hit the portal and you get more. It will pay for some but not all

Since I've spent about all of five minutes following or watching TN football this year, this really means nothing to me. I get it that the starting RB is out but are the transfers in the two-deeps or are they players moving on in search of playing time?
Yeah I think 2 of the corners started for them and the DE. Plus the other DB played alot. They'd have to notice that I would think.

I think that the SEC has more players who are from under privileged families and are less inclined to be motivated be loyalty, playing for a good coach, developing and staying the course. They more inclined to listen to outside voices who say hit the portal and you get more. It will pay for some but not all
C'mon-they're already getting paid. It's Tennessee.

The problem Tennessee has is that they play Georgia, Florida and Bama every year and those teams have channels to get UT's best guys into the portal. I believe that the richest programs in the SEC view conference games as scouting opportunities as much as football games at this point.

The problem Tennessee has is that they play Georgia, Florida and Bama every year and those teams have channels to get UT's best guys into the portal. I believe that the richest programs in the SEC view conference games as scouting opportunities as much as football games at this point.
TN is sorta the Iowa of the SEC in that their ceiling is stunted by those schools you mentioned above them all the time. Iowa's had OSU, Michigan and PSU above them that makes for trying to out recruit them damn near impossible. TN is always looking up at Bama and GA often Auburn too. FL has often had their number as a rival too.

Sooo, like last year this is going to feel like a hollow victory or a crushing loss? I guess Iowa uses this as a recruiting trip, oh wait, Brian is still the OC for some reason going into 2024 so that's not going to work. What a dumb situation Iowa has put themselves into. Waiting for a OC, letting the outgoing OC work the bowl game, and leaving the recruits and returning players in the land of limbo. Does anyone think this makes sense? At least hire the damm new OC now so they can evaluate the players and team needs before the bowl game so they can observe the extra practices. This whole BF/ KF farse has really deflated my fandom.
They already know who the offensive coordinator is....so calm down. I'm guessing the recruits know as well.

There are no hollow victories in bowl games. You either win or you lose with the players you have going into the game.

Iowa had a great season.