TN players opting out

Sooo, like last year this is going to feel like a hollow victory or a crushing loss?
I guess when you frame the two possible outcomes as both negative, you guarantee a negative result.

When you go out to eat, do you think to yourself, "this meal is either going to be really crappy or totally overpriced, so it will suck either way."

Lord, its Iowa football. We are all here presumably because we are fans. Perhaps leave some room for a smidgeon of happiness?

TN is sorta the Iowa of the SEC in that their ceiling is stunted by those schools you mentioned above them all the time. Iowa's had OSU, Michigan and PSU above them that makes for trying to out recruit them damn near impossible. TN is always looking up at Bama and GA often Auburn too. FL has often had their number as a rival too.

Tennessee will be one of the best programs in the country when Nick retires from Bama. Talk about wrong place wrong time. That is them. It sure doesn't help when Clemson and Athens are so close to Knoxville, but I think Clemson is done so when UT gets down to just Georgia as credibly drinking from its pipeline they will be much better.

Tennessee will be one of the best programs in the country when Nick retires from Bama. Talk about wrong place wrong time. That is them. It sure doesn't help when Clemson and Athens are so close to Knoxville, but I think Clemson is done so when UT gets down to just Georgia as credibly drinking from its pipeline they will be much better.
Funny you mention Bama & Clemson in same sentence in that context. Dabo is often rumored to be Sabans successor. He can't seem to wait to get out of there. He wishes he coulda got the A&M job I bet but he very much would prefer to take over at Bama whenever Saban is done. Could he keep things rolling there? Tough to say.

TN has to get HC right. Heupel wasn't exactly experienced when they got him. They can recruit talent all day long but they can be a tough watch. Maybe he'll end up being a good coach but this yr they were really supposed to make some noise with that team and yet they lost to FL early on and that was that pretty much same ole Vols. Good not Great. Wonder how much rope they'll give him and next yr he'll be having a new QB to start over with.

Funny you mention Bama & Clemson in same sentence in that context. Dabo is often rumored to be Sabans successor. He can't seem to wait to get out of there. He wishes he coulda got the A&M job I bet but he very much would prefer to take over at Bama whenever Saban is done. Could he keep things rolling there? Tough to say.

TN has to get HC right. Heupel wasn't exactly experienced when they got him. They can recruit talent all day long but they can be a tough watch. Maybe he'll end up being a good coach but this yr they were really supposed to make some noise with that team and yet they lost to FL early on and that was that pretty much same ole Vols. Good not Great. Wonder how much rope they'll give him and next yr he'll be having a new QB to start over with.

I think Dabo is gonna hit Bama for sure when Nick retires. While he is at Clemson he has to play the "we're just little ol' Clemson" game and the fans are pissed by his lack of interest in the transfer portal. He'll have to jettison that attitude if he goes to Bama, but I think he could pull it off. Iowa is probably a better program than Clemson, it's just that Clemson is located in a far better recruiting territory and Dabo caught lightning in a bottle over a decade. As money starts to come into play their small fan base really hurts them. Being 70 miles from Athens certainly doesn't help either.

I think Dabo is gonna hit Bama for sure when Nick retires. While he is at Clemson he has to play the "we're just little ol' Clemson" game and the fans are pissed by his lack of interest in the transfer portal. He'll have to jettison that attitude if he goes to Bama, but I think he could pull it off. Iowa is probably a better program than Clemson, it's just that Clemson is located in a far better recruiting territory and Dabo caught lightning in a bottle over a decade. As money starts to come into play their small fan base really hurts them. Being 70 miles from Athens certainly doesn't help either.
Exactly. It'd be tough to not be good at Clemson nowadays based just on where they are. Like other schools down there they have to turn down good players sometimes and make tough recruiting decisions between guys in that way. But yeah his stubborn ways have caught up to him recently and if he doesn't evolve some he's going to keep making it tougher on himself. Those FL schools and the SEC won't have any mercy that's for sure. Hell KF has evolved faster then he has with the transfer portal and NIL.

Latest posts