Former shot put world record holder All Feuerbach is Kylie Feuerbach's uncle

wwhawk

It's the off season for the Iowa women, so here's a bit of trivia just shared with me in an email from a classmate at Iowa a very long time ago. This is a copy and paste from his email:

"I just found out from my former fellow teacher at Preston, Iowa, that Kylie Feuerbach of the Iowa basketball team is the daughter of one of my former students at Preston, Steve Feuerbach, younger brother of Al Feuerbach who once held the world shot put record."

This is from Wikipedia about Al Feuerbach:

On May 5, 1973, he broke Randy Matson's seven-year-old world record in the shot put by throwing 21.82 meters (71' 7") at the San Jose Invitational at San Jose State College.[2]

My buddy's email said that Kylie's Dad, Steve, was very athletic, but was not stocky like his older brother, Al.

Hopefully Kylie will emerge as a starter and a key player in the quest to return to the Final Four for a third consecutive year!

It's the off season for the Iowa women, so here's a bit of trivia just shared with me in an email from a classmate at Iowa a very long time ago. This is a copy and paste from his email:

"I just found out from my former fellow teacher at Preston, Iowa, that Kylie Feuerbach of the Iowa basketball team is the daughter of one of my former students at Preston, Steve Feuerbach, younger brother of Al Feuerbach who once held the world shot put record."

On May 5, 1973, he broke Randy Matson's seven-year-old world record in the shot put by throwing 21.82 meters (71' 7") at the San Jose Invitational at San Jose State College.[2]

My buddy's email said that Kylie's Dad, Steve, was very athletic, but was not stocky like his older brother, Al.

Hopefully Kylie will emerge as a starter and a key player in the quest to return to the Final Four for a third consecutive year!
That's cool! I'm always intrigued by stuff/trivia like that.

Had never heard of Preston, IA or Al Feuerbach. That's cool.

Latest posts