tired of college basketball officials

Bigtenchamp

Not saying they were the reason we lost... but man what a bunch of amateurs.

I don't even know what goes through their head... its got to be scary in there.

Lol it's not like they are fighter pilots. They don't have to take any responsibility or even face the media after the games and get paid a ridiculous amount. The least they could do is not suck.

like oglesby getting tripped on his last jump shot but the official was watching Josh's shot going in instead of at the Wisconsin player flying 100 mph at him.

like oglesby getting tripped on his last jump shot but the official was watching Josh's shot going in instead of at the Wisconsin player flying 100 mph at him.

Ha I saw that too. Watching the ball fly through the air is probably not good refereeing technique.

Syracuse coach jim boeheim ejected after running onto the court after a charge call with 10 seconds to go in a 2 point game.

Great job by the officials taking care of business.

idk if a single call decides a game but a number of calls certainly add up. Mccabe's "block" tied up the game, that non travel call ended up with a 3, JO being tripped could have been an and one so those calls added 6 points to wisky and took points away from iowa. ball game.

idk if a single call decides a game but a number of calls certainly add up. Mccabe's "block" tied up the game, that non travel call ended up with a 3, JO being tripped could have been an and one so those calls added 6 points to wisky and took points away from iowa. ball game.

What about the calls that went in Iowa's favor?

White traveled prior to an assist and it was blatant. No call.

That's just one example but I just laugh at lists like this cuz it never includes the calls that went in out favor.

Syracuse coach jim boeheim ejected after running onto the court after a charge call with 10 seconds to go in a 2 point game.

Great job by the officials taking care of business.

The sad part about that is that it definitely should have been a blocking call, and a few minutes earlier Duke got a blocking call on an obvious charge. Coach K getting love from the refs just like Bo and Izzo.

The sad part about that is that it definitely should have been a blocking call, and a few minutes earlier Duke got a blocking call on an obvious charge. Coach K getting love from the refs just like Bo and Izzo.

To be honest I don't give a crap whether the call was right or wrong.

The sportsmanship of these coaches has reached an all time low. I get it that this is all about the $$ and the affect winning/losing can have on coaches and their program but these college coaches cross the line on almost every game.

It's time for officials to take back control. Talking about a call here and there... Certainly acceptable. However, debating every single call is over the top and uncalled for and needs to be addressed in my opinion.

I think the fear is that if these officials get a bad rep, they will lose their spot.

Ha I saw that too. Watching the ball fly through the air is probably not good refereeing technique.

White was being mugged the whole game. He could barely run across the lane without being held or bounced around.

The charge in the Duke game was horrible. It was at most a bock and given the situation a no call. Tie game, let the player decide who wins. Refs are horrible in all conferences all the time I don't even know what a block is any more. The refs flip[ a coin ad make the call.

Last edited:
To be honest I don't give a crap whether the call was right or wrong.

The sportsmanship of these coaches has reached an all time low. I get it that this is all about the $$ and the affect winning/losing can have on coaches and their program but these college coaches cross the line on almost every game.

It's time for officials to take back control. Talking about a call here and there... Certainly acceptable. However, debating every single call is over the top and uncalled for and needs to be addressed in my opinion.

I think the fear is that if these officials get a bad rep, they will lose their spot.

If they take over do it evenly though. I don't want to see a coach with less reputation (like, I don't know, Fran) get away with less than another (Like, maybe, say, Bo Ryan.) Bo pulled out the Fran I'm going to tear your head off rage a bunch of times today. I say that because it has been said that the more experienced are more tactful which is why they get away with more.

The Refs have been bad all yr, all games vs both teams.

Don't call travels, every thing is a block, ticky-tac touch fouls underneath.
Inconsistent and missed calls.

What about the calls that went in Iowa's favor?

White traveled prior to an assist and it was blatant. No call.

That's just one example but I just laugh at lists like this cuz it never includes the calls that went in out favor.
Was this the assist when white drives the right side couldn't make it to the basket passed from the block? If so they did show a replay of it and he actually didn't travel. I thought it was traveling too.

However there was also and over and back not called against Wisconsin and how about that charge call in the 1st half.

FYI, I didn't have a huge problem with the calls unlike some other games. Was better officiated this time then the game in Madison this year.

They have been so bad this year... I'm not just talking this game or a certain call... everything they call is so utterly random its just a joke.

Refs in college hoops are getting older and slower and the players are young and seem a little faster and more athletic every year. Bball is one of the toughest sports to ref. Old gray haired guys and old bald guys need not be reffing at the D1 level. I'm 53, so I feel I can say that from experience. My eyes cannot keep up with the pace of the games now. I stopped reffing sports in my early 40's. The only way I'd still be reffing is if my ego were to big and I had no humility. And I believe some of these old fools think the game is about them. Plus, they don't want to give up the $$$$$ that go with it.

Many of these older refs have been around a long time and it appears they have tenure just like some in the education field. However, longevity does not make one qualified to continue in the same capacity year after year. Let's be clear. Bad officiating didn't cost Iowa the game. But, watching college basketball has unfortunately become quite a chore. It's starting to not be worth it anymore.

2 things a ref should not be allowed to do.

1- talk to a coach. There is no reason for it. If a coach wants to yell at him on his way by that's one thing. But when a ref and a coach have a conversation you can pretty much guarantee that ref is going to blow the whistle against the other team in the very near future.

2- be animated during a call. There is no reason to run out to half court to point the other way. When a ref does that it really shows that he wants the attention. The game isn't about him. It's not his job to pump up the home crowd. Blow your whistle, point the other way, and inbound the ball. That's your job.

I still don't understand how they continually fall for the flop. It must be an impulse deal & they can't stop before making the call.i often wonder if after the play they think, "crap i shouldn't have called that."Jackson had one yesterday that was crap.

Latest posts