Time for Barta to pull the plug on Bluder

Their seeding and placement last year was really confusing. For one I did not get why Iowa got seeded so low and secondly why they give the 11 seed home court advantage for the first 2 rounds is beyond me. If anything the games should have been played on the 3 seeds home court.

Yeah, I didn't get that either. Iowa had a better record than Ohio State and they had a 4 seed. Iowa got screwed last year, plain and simple.

The Hawks kicked the crap out of OSU last season in IC and beat MSU in a close one. Guess you're watching has indeed been half-hearted. Johnson's game is agility and quickness (when she has a healthy set of knees and ankles), not power. She just isn't hugely muscular; look what happened when Fran tried to bulk up Besabe. I'd agree that WBB today favors stronger players. Notre Dame had a power forward last season that could have played TE on the football team.

I bow to your women's basketball expertise.

Yeah, I didn't get that either. Iowa had a better record than Ohio State and they had a 4 seed. Iowa got screwed last year, plain and simple.

Are you saying Iowa would have lasted longer in the tourney if they'd played what their team's record deserved? A weaker team?

Last edited:

We barely had a better overall record, and were both 10-6 in the Big Ten. We split the regular season series (home team winning big both times). OSU beat us in the conference tourney and then kicked the crap out of both MSU and PSU to win the tourney. OSU also split against #11 Oklahoma and #1 UCONN in the OOC slate, so they played a tougher schedule. They deserved to have a higher seed than the Hawks.

As tm pointed out Ohio State deserved their seed, in fact one could argue they should have been a 3 seed. But the worst I though Iowa would come in at was a 5 and was hoping for a 4 with a couple of home games in the first 2 rounds. But ok drop them to a 6, still do not make them go play at the home court of an 11 seed that had only lost 4 games all season.

This has to be some kind of record for the longest thread talking about womens basketball. :D

Latest posts