Time for Barta to pull the plug on Bluder

What exactly do you find stupid about that? Give me a short list (beyond Alexander) of her quick, athletic recruits from the past decade.

What exactly do you find stupid about that? Give me a short list (beyond Alexander) of her quick, athletic recruits from the past decade.

you didnt say "quick athletic". she has brought in NUMEROUS top 100 recruits over the years.

I understand that there is a small group of fans that give a darn about womens sports. But it's small. talk about a fishbowl. Other then TN and Uconn and what maybe Baylor this yr what womens bball progam even breaks even let alone makes the school any money.
Baylor has a great team this year but don't confuse that with their program bringing in money. Baylor's mens team and football were both goo dthis year, but there are still hardly any Baylor fans. They do no have a fan following. Adn I believe Mulkey has a massive contract as well, so I don't think there is any way that Baylor is positive on Women's BBall.

I've half heartedly watched Bluder's teams over the years, and, it seems, they're always near the top of the B1G at season's end, but why doesn't Iowa have more of a physical team?

They'll never beat a tOSU or MSU - perennial physical teams. Iowa always stays in games as long as their 3 point shooting is sharp, and when that goes cold, the team goes south.

Why can't Johnson, the starting center, be more physical? She's 6'5".

i dont even really pay attention but off the top of my head i can name alexander, printy, taylor, johnson, and logic on this years or last years team just by themselves. shes also had at least a few McD's all americans in logic, jo solverson, and some others i cant remember because i really dont give a ****.

I actually doubt that all of the players you listed where top 100 prospects at the time of their signing. The only one listed as a top 100 recruit in the current media guide is Johnson, and for some reason, she has not seen the floor much this season. You by your own admission are pretty much talking out of your a$$.

I actually doubt that all of the players you listed where top 100 prospects at the time of their signing. The only one listed as a top 100 recruit in the current media guide is Johnson, and for some reason, she has not seen the floor much this season. You by your own admission are pretty much talking out of your a$$.

oh thats rich, you ******* idiot. why do people insist on arguing points on which they are clueless? because they are already on the computer jerking off, so its convenient?

Come on sioux, you really expect people to name top 100 recruits for womens basketball? I would not even know where to find such a list.

When a poster calls my post indicating Bluder has not recruited at a high level for most of her tenure dumb, I want some proof.

But you are being to hard on Bluder, she has ran a clean program and most of her players graduate. She may not be the best recruiter but she is a pretty damn good coach and keeps Iowa competitive. Reminds me a lot of Mr. Davis.

You didn't show me any rankings, and the ones I have found back up my story not yours.

And I don't think I am being that hard on Bluder. I said I though she could do a better job of recruiting and that if she had not won a Big Ten title a few years ago, she would like have been let go by now. Winning the conference has extended her stay for the foreseeable future.

What is it you are trying to say? That she is not secure in her position because of a conference championship or that she was never in danger before she won it?

I've half heartedly watched Bluder's teams over the years, and, it seems, they're always near the top of the B1G at season's end, but why doesn't Iowa have more of a physical team?

They'll never beat a tOSU or MSU - perennial physical teams. Iowa always stays in games as long as their 3 point shooting is sharp, and when that goes cold, the team goes south.

Why can't Johnson, the starting center, be more physical? She's 6'5".

The Hawks kicked the crap out of OSU last season in IC and beat MSU in a close one. Guess you're watching has indeed been half-hearted. Johnson's game is agility and quickness (when she has a healthy set of knees and ankles), not power. She just isn't hugely muscular; look what happened when Fran tried to bulk up Besabe. I'd agree that WBB today favors stronger players. Notre Dame had a power forward last season that could have played TE on the football team.

What is it you are trying to say? That she is not secure in her position because of a conference championship or that she was never in danger before she won it?

why on earth would you want to replace a coach that won a conference title?

Latest posts