Time for Barta to pull the plug on Bluder

haven't they made the NCAA 3 seasons in a row?

Actually the last 4 seasons they have went to the NCAA Tournament. She has led Iowa to 8 NCAA bids, 2 WNIT bids, and has the 2nd most wins in womens basketball history.

But they have lost 3 of their last 4 so she needs to be canned!

I thought it was time to pull the plug on Bluder five or six years ago, then she wins a Big Ten title. That bought her another seven or eight years.

Just curious how long Barta will let mediocrity exist within the women's program. I don't follow the women's team too much but Bluder is someone who seems to have held onto her job about five years longer than she should have ... My world does not revolve around how the women's program performs but just unfortunate a mediocre coach can keep her job for this long with very average results ... You can't tell me the program can't find a different coach who can actually recruit players who aren't within a two hour drive from Iowa City ... At one time I actually did follow the women's team ... Stringer created a lot of interest around the program ... Now it seems like we are content with mediocre results ...

Dude, why are you slamming something you know nothing about? Just makes you look dumb.

Remember what happened to the men's program when Tom Davis was run out of town....

(sorry...someone had to bring up that stupid, tired argument...thought I'd do it this time)

she recruits well, has had horrible injury luck, and no one cares about the womens team. not sure what more you want.

I do not agree that she recruits well. Most years she brings in about the same level of talent that she used to recruit to Drake. I had high hopes for the program when she was hired, but I think her recruiting never really picked up to the level it needs to be, although the last couple of years have been an improvement.

I do not agree that she recruits well. Most years she brings in about the same level of talent that she used to recruit to Drake. I had high hopes for the program when she was hired, but I think her recruiting never really picked up to the level it needs to be, although the last couple of years have been an improvement.

This. Player development seems to be more her forte than recruiting. But the past two or three classes have been pretty good. Hopefully it translates to deeper runs in the NCAA tourney.

1430037240_6e94fb40a2.jpg

I understand that there is a small group of fans that give a darn about womens sports. But it's small. talk about a fishbowl. Other then TN and Uconn and what maybe Baylor this yr what womens bball progam even breaks even let alone makes the school any money.

Just curious how long Barta will let mediocrity exist within the women's program. I don't follow the women's team too much but Bluder is someone who seems to have held onto her job about five years longer than she should have ... My world does not revolve around how the women's program performs but just unfortunate a mediocre coach can keep her job for this long with very average results ... You can't tell me the program can't find a different coach who can actually recruit players who aren't within a two hour drive from Iowa City ... At one time I actually did follow the women's team ....

You are everything that is wrong with sports today.:eek:

I don't really follow the program, but unless we are talking wrestling, winning the occasional Big Ten title while frequently making the postseason is pretty good for most sports at Iowa.

Stringer is probably one of the top 5 coaches all-time in women's basketball. In my opinion, she has a spot behind Gable as the second greatest coach in university history. My guess is she'll hold that spot for quite a few more decades, too.

I think a lot of us probably assumed she could be somewhat replaced - but you can't replace a legend.

Last edited:
Stupid argument? It is true

There's a difference between something being factually true and being a good argument.

HITLER KILLED HIMSELF IN BERLIN!!! And that's why we shouldn't fire Lisa Bluder.

Factually true. Stupid argument in this discussion.

I don't really follow the program, but unless we are talking wrestling, winning the occasional Big Ten title while frequently making the postseason is pretty good for most sports at Iowa.

Stringer is probably one of the top 5 coaches all-time in women's basketball. In my opinion, she has a spot behind Gable as the second greatest coach in university history. My guess is she'll hold that spot for quite a few more decades, too.

I think a lot of us probably assumed she could be somewhat replaced - but you can't replace a legend.

Top 3 for sure, and I personally have only Pat Summitt ahead of her. High-class person, too.

this is completely stupid except for the last few words.

Latest posts