Tiger Woods is Back!!

His personal life is none of our business, frankly.He is a great athlete, like Jordan, Magic, Joe DiMaggio, Babe Ruth, etc. etc. None of those men were perfect role models. To me, it is like watching a Mozart or Einstein or any other genius at work. Enjoy it because you probably will not see it again.

Very well said. Could not agree more.

I assume you are a huge Tim Tebow fan???

Haha. Dont really think about tebow much except I think espn and the media make way to much of the tebowmania and his fans make way too much of him winning all those games last year.

I think Tiger wins at least 1 maybe 2 majors this year. His putting seems to be getting back on track and when that happens he's dangerous on the golf course.

Who cares. He is an arse hole, cussing and crabbing at people on the course and not a gentleman.

The Americans have good young golfers and Phil M. still can swing it.

None of whom have the appeal, even post-fire hydrant, that Tiger has. When people think of golf worldwide, odds are that most people first think of Tiger.

Tiger, from what I've heard, is actually a pretty nice guy with the public away from the course and behind the scenes. It's on the course that he's an ***. Whereas I've heard Phil is the exact opposite: he'll flash his teeth with fans when the cameras are around, but in a private setting, he's a dick.

Michael Jordan was/is an *** no matter where he is. Doesn't seem to have affected people's affinity towards him.

Wouldn't consider Tiger back yet. He has a huge comfort level with Bay Hill partially due to his relationship with Palmer and the fact it's right down the road from his Isleworth home. That said... he's generally played pretty well at Augusta and a strong showing/win there could get him on a roll.

Relax, people.

Tiger won an event. It means he's closer, but it doesn't mean he's fully back, is going to win at Augusta in two weeks, or will win any of the upcoming majors. He had a good weekend; that's all.

I for one watched a lot more golf while he was going through his troubles, because I find Tiger difficult to root for. Watching him dominate year after year, and his competition shrink at his mere presence week after week was completely boring to me.

If you only watch golf to see Tiger, then you're not a real golf fan.

Relax, people.

Tiger won an event. It means he's closer, but it doesn't mean he's fully back, is going to win at Augusta in two weeks, or will win any of the upcoming majors. He had a good weekend; that's all.

I for one watched a lot more golf while he was going through his troubles, because I find Tiger difficult to root for. Watching him dominate year after year, and his competition shrink at his mere presence week after week was completely boring to me.

If you only watch golf to see Tiger, then you're not a real golf fan.

I don't watch only because of Tiger, but he is the guy that got me into golf as a kid (I was 7 when he won his first Masters). The game is better when he's good. Especially now, when he's not likely to ever dominate the way he used to. He'll still win plenty, but the competition will be much better now with the new generation of golfers.

I don't watch only because of Tiger, but he is the guy that got me into golf as a kid (I was 7 when he won his first Masters). The game is better when he's good. Especially now, when he's not likely to ever dominate the way he used to. He'll still win plenty, but the competition will be much better now with the new generation of golfers.

agreed. "back" is relative. The fields are deeper and stronger than they have ever been. I don't support what he did, but he has paid the price, and that's good enough for me.

Best golfer that's ever lived. I love Jack and Arnie and Seve, etc. But none of them had the fields that Tiger destroyed.

Best golfer that's ever lived. I love Jack and Arnie and Seve, etc. But none of them had the fields that Tiger destroyed.

I dont disagreee that Tiger may be the best golfer that ever lived. Nicklaus never worked on his short game on into the green as his iron accuracy was great and he was a great putter. But I really disagree with this statement about the playing fields that Tiger has destroyed.

Arnold had to play against Hogan and Nicklaus and Trevino and these three players were way better than most of today's worldwide golfers. Nicklaus was competing with many more players who won 3+ majors in their careers, such as , Palmer, Player, Trevino, Watson, Faldo, Seve, etc.

Man, if you think Tiger has played against stronger fields in the majors you dont know golf. Tiger may have played against deeper fields from #2 to #150 in the field but definitely not the level of golfers who showed they could win majors time in and time out.

I am waiting to see how tiger attacks augusta with his new high fade as the course really sets up for draws from a right hander.

I realize he's childish on the course but that's what appeals to me. When I hit a bad shot I get ******. Like it or not modern golf is not the gentleman's game it used to be. It has evolved in to a game that anyone can "play" while drinking beer with their buddies.

Tiger is a slime ball on and off the course. He is a great golfer no doubt. Until the deal with his wife, most golfers never said anything bad about him. After that there were plenty of bad comments. One thing that ticks off other golfers is the fist pump. He said he was going to change his behavior on the course, but has not. I think he will win a major, but he will not dominate like in the past. Too many good golfers out there. There are a lot of guys that can blow the ball by him.

If a fist pump is other golfer's largest complaint, then I think he's in good shape.

His on course behavior has improved significantly. I follow golf pretty closely, and it has.

I already commented on his off course behavior not being any of my business.

If a fist pump is other golfer's largest complaint, then I think he's in good shape.

His on course behavior has improved significantly. I follow golf pretty closely, and it has.

I like watching Kyle Stanley, Hunter Mahan, Dustin and Zach Johnson, Phil, and other players more than tiger. Steve Stricker and Zach Johnson are two midwest guys I pull for.

Steve Stricker has won two, TWO comeback players of the year and he fought through the duck hooks to get where he is at.

He still plays the John Deere Classic went he doesnt have to. I am a big Steve Stricker fan.

I guess I didn't realize this many people actually gave a rip about golf. Let alone him.

There are a lot of golf fans. Of course golf brings in a rich demographic to TV.

It is one of the few sports where you do not have an affect on the other players ball/puck/birdie/ etc.

I think when Tiger's dad said his son was going to change the world I thought "OMG!!!"

I dont disagreee that Tiger may be the best golfer that ever lived. Nicklaus never worked on his short game on into the green as his iron accuracy was great and he was a great putter. But I really disagree with this statement about the playing fields that Tiger has destroyed.

Arnold had to play against Hogan and Nicklaus and Trevino and these three players were way better than most of today's worldwide golfers. Nicklaus was competing with many more players who won 3+ majors in their careers, such as , Palmer, Player, Trevino, Watson, Faldo, Seve, etc.

Man, if you think Tiger has played against stronger fields in the majors you dont know golf. Tiger may have played against deeper fields from #2 to #150 in the field but definitely not the level of golfers who showed they could win majors time in and time out.

I am waiting to see how tiger attacks augusta with his new high fade as the course really sets up for draws from a right hander.

I think it is fruitless to compare golfers from one generation to another. The improvements and changes in the equipment are so drastic, that any comparison is moot. :rolleyes:

Just because he won one tournament doesn't mean he's back. Look at
Alford at Iowa. In his first game at Iowa he beat the #1 team in the country.

Likewise, Babe Ruth hit three home runs in one of his last games while hitting under two-hundred.

Let's see how he does in the four majors before declaring Tiger being back.

Tiger is a slime ball on and off the course. He is a great golfer no doubt. Until the deal with his wife, most golfers never said anything bad about him. After that there were plenty of bad comments. One thing that ticks off other golfers is the fist pump. He said he was going to change his behavior on the course, but has not. I think he will win a major, but he will not dominate like in the past. Too many good golfers out there. There are a lot of guys that can blow the ball by him.

There is so much wrong with everything that you said that I don't know where to begin.. The last sentence is an example only because it's the funniest of all your points.

I actually love the fist pump. I think perhaps the other players can't stand it because they saw it all too often when he was dominating the field.

That sort of emotion brings a real edge to the game, and that's something that makes it much more appealing, particularly to younger players. Kids don't want to celebrate with Phil's three-inch vertical leap for joy. They want to pump their fist and roar, like Tiger.

Latest posts