Votes: 44 21.9%
  • Ryan Donahue

Votes: 19 9.5%
  • Tyler Sash

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other

Votes: 18 9.0%

• Total voters
Not the MVP, but with DJK our offense really seems to open to downfield plays, and he seems to be a good safety valve for RS

I'm going with a much less popular vote. Ryan Donahue. I think he makes it easier for the for that nasty D-line to pin their ears back and give 6 seconds of hell. Watching games this fall, it is quite clear that he is among the elite in the country. Iowa is a very field postition driven team, without Donahue's leg things could be quite different right now.
Overall, all of these players are important, and they all contribute to the team concept. I'm just giving props to the punter because they are so often overlooked.

I would be OK with this, too.

i'd have to go with adam robinson...after losing greene and jewel hampton to injury, nobody knew for sure what to expect from our running game....arob has been huge for us...

To me it's a toss up between AC and Spivey and there is no clear cut winner of the two. Given the struggles of the offense to begin the season it was clearly the defense that kept Iowa in the games until the offense could make the plays needed to win.

You start up front with AC and his tough tenacious approach. He disrupts things in the backfield and forces the opponent to rush so many plays.

You look at Spivey and he pretty much takes one guy out of most plays limiting the qb's options giving the front four another second or two to get in and disrupt. Those two go hand and hand.

All of the supporting cast on this defense is tremendous but to me the two headed monster of AC and Spivey would be my choice as co MVP with Angerer Sash and Binns a close second.

Clayborn has been the best player, but MVP?

If I could give it to anybody or any group I would give it to the secondary. They have been outstanding.

This has been such a team effort that selecting one player as the most valuable is difficult.

Seemingly the logical choice to most may be Clayborn or Stanzi but I think the national emergence of T-Sash has been the key.

The presence of him lowering the boom stick on wr's, picking balls off left and right, and the ability to read the quarterbacks have been the key to our stellar defensive play.

Donahue's a fun choice but I cant pick the punter because if your punters your mvp it makes you seem like a "Illinois"

Latest posts