Votes: 19 9.5%
  • Tyler Sash

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other

Votes: 18 9.0%

• Total voters

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Someone called into Soundoff on Saturday night and asked this question, and for once, I was speechless. It's a great question.

Is it Adrian Clayborn? You could make a case.
Is it Ryan Donahue? You could make a case.
Rick Stanzi? Ditto
Tyler Sash? Tony Moeaki (when he plays, its clear how better the O is)? Adam Robinson?

I don't think its a cut and dried choice. Who is your MVP?

Ever since Adrian blocked that punt and returned it for a touchdown, Iowa seems to be playing with more confidence. It certainly appeared to be a turning point in the Penn St. game.

I don't disagree with any body chosen. I however believe that TM, DJK, TS, MM and the rest of the Wr/TE crew wouldn't have scored in clutch moments if it wasn't for Stanzi. As it has been mentioned time and time. Stanzi brushes off his mistakes and comes back the next series and looks like a Sunday QB. Iowa's D has been stellar, but with out Stanzi making his plays Iowa does not go 7-0

I have to go with Stanzi as well. Sure he has his bad spots, but the cool nature he shows after those bad spots and his ability to bounce back appears to keep the team cool and calm. I think he is a great leader as well.

I really think Adrian has changed the game more than any other player. Teams have to scheme for him or they get killed. He has knocked several players out of games and I don't recall him being penalized. I believe opposing left tackles and QBs are actually afraid of this man mountain.

of the selections, I am forced to go with Stanzi. He has remained calm and rebounded from all mistakes he has made. He has helped the O put up points when they needed it...

I would have liked to select Adam Robinson.

Stanzi. He's made his fair share of mistakes, sure, but the guy is a proven leader and winner.

Clayborn would be my second choice.

I voted for Adrian, but it was a tough choice and honestly if I could vote for everyone on that list and more, I would.

The D is very good, as is the O, even though they have yet to put together a full game.

Can I just say that Iowa's MVP is all the players and the heart that they are playing with?

(I still see Iowa ending up 12-0)

Can we vote for the entire defensive line? What I've been impressed with through 7 games is the "hands up" play of these 4 brutes. They not only work nonstop for 4 quarters on pass rush - these guys have the awareness and focus to get their hands high in the air to knock the ball down at the line of scrimmage at the point where they realize they're not going to get to the quarterback and he's about to get the pass off. I'm loving it.

i would have to make the whole defensive unit my mvp thru week seven that turnover ratio is a huge part to us staying in and winning them close games

Though everyone is very much deserving, I really like how Donahue has pinned opposing offenses inside the 20 game in and game out, thus eventually resulting in very good starting field position for Stanzi and co. So I had to give some props to a punter.

I think you gotta go with Moeaki. He adds another dimension to the offense you can't get from any of the reserves. If Adrian goes down, or Sash, there's a reserve who will come in and have the rest of his corp to lean on and get help from. Moeaki has make things happen on his own. Great hands, great blocking, and pretty good size and speed.

On the other hand you could say Ricky. Cause if he went down, all of Hawkeyenation would throw up. I promise you, V-berg might be good some day, but I bet he would not be ready at this point and time.

It is close, no real wrong answer here. I would pick Clayborn if I had to pick someone. He is just so disruptive on the line, that the opposing team is always aware of where he is lined up at.

No love for Karl Klug? We all know about everything that Clayborn has done, and Sash is a ballhawk, but it seems like in clutch situations, Klug is getting a big sack, getting an INT, or batting down a pass at the line to an open WR.

It's a good thing there is no such thing as a mid season MVP anyway. Iowa is 7-0 as a team, granted individual plays contribute to big wins, but the chemistry and the swagger this team has, everybody is an MVP

Whether you see him as capable, sub-par, or as a Heisman Trophy Candidate, Adam Robinson has filled a huge hole in our offense with nothing less than above average play. Without him, the more talented stars like Moeaki wouldn't begin to shine.

Latest posts