Throwback Uniforms were Awesome

The uni's were nice. They remind us older folks of great times and not so great times. At least they weren't the Frank Lauterbur design. The Tiger Hawk is known everywhere, even wrestling is starting to use the Tiger.

Hated them. What do those unis cost us? Not worth it in my opinion

Haha alrighty then...so bringing back one of the most successful eras in Iowa history for all those who experienced it and even those who weren't able to experience it wasn't worth it? I think the cost of the unis was the least of the worries. It is the football budget that pays for them I am assuming so it doesnt matter what it cost because it affected no one. I think it was awesome to honor that era and Evy. Probably brought back a lot of amazing memories for those to lived it. If they do this in 40 or so years and I am around to see it, I wouldnt miss it for the world. When I have kids, it will be them that get to experience it. At that time we will be honoring the era we are in right now obviously and that will be amazing to see

I dont understand all this sentiment towards changing our current uniforms. I look around college football and while trying to be as unbiased as possible I think the current uniforms are among the top 10 of coolest uniforms in all of college football. I hope they never change out of the current design.

I also always think about the traditional powers in college football: Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, USC, Florida, USC, Alabama, Miami, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas. When is the last time any of these teams changed the design of their uniforms? Maybe some minor changes but no drastic changes. And then look at some of the teams that have made changes recently: Indiana, Iowa State, Minnesota, Michigan State. There's some success among these teams but not at the level Iowa fans want to see.

I really liked them, The yellow helmet wasn't the best but I do like how they make more use of the yellow the #'s and all. For some reason it looked more balanced. Still though I don't think I would want a permanent change to the uniforms they look great as they are now.

Knowing Ferentz, our Combat uniforms will probably be more like Texas' were last year. Those didn't stray too far from what they wear currently. Miami's Combat uni's were fine (flashy, but that's Miami's style anyway). LSU's were cool, but I kept thinking it was Washington playing. Ohio State's were just bad, so were Florida's and VT's.

Ours will be pretty much the same. Remember, it's not the designs that make them Combat uniforms, it's the material they're made of. They were very gimmicky-looking to draw attention to the newly-released material. Eventually every Nike-supplied school will wear uniforms made from the Combat material, but the majority won't change their uniform designs.

TM I feel like you and I have had this conversation before- we're well on the same page! :) Agree on all fronts

Just to back up those who brought the hammer about going with the throw backs so we don't copy the Steelers, I thought I'd give a little visual affirmation...

resize.php

75th_Ward_2_75987.jpg

the word was s c r i p t do not know why it needed censoring

That word is a -javascript keyword. It could be used to post malicious code to exploit cross site scripting (a way to hack a server.) Hiding the text would be unnecessary if the text is properly encoded.

Latest posts