Throwback Uniforms were Awesome

Let's be honest, how many Rose Bowls have we won in our Steeler rip off jerseys.... 0. Let's just keep our throwback jerseys so we can go back to the decade where we one two Rose Bowls - 1956 and 1958.

Let's be honest, how many Rose Bowls have we won in our Steeler rip off jerseys.... 0. Let's just keep our throwback jerseys so we can go back to the decade where we one two Rose Bowls - 1956 and 1958.

Yeah, it's the uniforms keeping us from the RoseBowl

My bad :) Are there other posters of your gender on this site?

There's a few that post I think, but I am betting there's a lot more that just read. Most like me don't usually identify themselves as women specifically. Maybe should add a signatue of "I'm just a girl".

Speaking of Unis... could Oregon just go away? They have the worst uniforms ever and whenever they go to one of their 26 alternates... they look HORRID. Didn't we show the world how ****** feathers look on a uniform in 1997? The only ones worse than these that they are wearing tonight are the ones that have the diamond-plate truck-bedliner pattern on them.

. Didn't we show the world how ****** feathers look on a uniform in 1997? The only ones worse than these that they are wearing tonight are the ones that have the diamond-plate truck-bedliner pattern on them.

Hayden's bird uniforms were worn in the '94 and '95 seasons and in IMO that diamond plate look is BAD @ss

Whenever they were worn - they were a joke and it makes me physically ill looking at them. Disagree with you on the Oregon unis, but that's why we all have opinions!

I liked the uni's a lot today. The only thing that was missing was running a play out of the wing T! I would really like to see Iowa do this annually, throwback jersey game. I would vote for the 1978 uni's, I know the team was no good but the ****** Iowa helmet was awesome!

Whenever they were worn - they were a joke and it makes me physically ill looking at them. Disagree with you on the Oregon unis, but that's why we all have opinions!

I do like Oregon's uni's (most of them). My favorite is the black/silver/gold look with white jerseys. The matte black helmets with the gold "O" top it off. That look is pretty cool.

don't know why but the word ****** is censored

Just put an asterisk in for one letter. That keeps it from being censored, so people can easily figure out what it means. And I have no idea what the word was supposed mean.

Didn't like them. To me that gold gives that black a brown tint.

I'd be okay for a change-up every couple of years. Put the old hawk or big I on the helmet every other year. Flip pant/jersey colors or something like that. All white visiting unis.

The current unis are good. There is an tough/trench/punishing attitude with these home unis. The similarity to the Steelers is a plus - not a negative. They have the same attitude. Iowa gets a good number of recruits from the PA and northeast.

I disagree with that. Our uniforms are pretty iconic, as well. People know who we are when they see the uniforms. We've experimented with other designs (I didn't think the uni's in the '90s were bad. Not the winged ones, the ones they wore in '97). But the design we have is perfect just the way it is.

I disagree with your sentiment about the 97 + 98 uniforms ... They were actually worse than the winged ones ... UGH!

I love our regular ones ... I thought the throwback were awesome .. I could see us going to a combination/variation of the two

I think the only thing iconic is the Tiger Hawk.

Iowa's best teams of all time wore these uniforms from 1953-1960. They were iconic in the day.

I just wondered what people thought of them. They brought back some great memories for me.

I have no problem with the current uniforms - I can't imagine them being changed after all of the success that Captain Kirk has had.

Perhaps they will bring these back once in a while. It produces revenue for the school, because fans then go out and purchase the throwback jerseys.

I thought that the uni's were great. One of my fondest memories of the "old gold" helmets was the "chosen children" victory against UCLA. It was one of the first games I ever attended as a kid. I sat in the "knot-hole "endzone seats with my dad, uncle, and cousins that day. I think I remember that the fans tore-down the goal posts after that upset victory over UCLA.

I didn't really care for them. I would have rather seen the old school hawk, I think from the 70's some time. I love the Tiger Hawk. Maybe a change with a stripe or two, but leave the helmets alone. Then again I am a Steelers fan so maybe that is why I like them. That being said when I sat in the nose bleed seats at a Steelers/ Chiefs game it could just have well been the hawks. I could not tell the difference from that far up.

Latest posts