Thought on next week's ISU game???

Two senior QB's that each have one road victory to their name over their careers at their respective schools.....do I have that right?

Think I'll go with the home team's QB next Saturday even though it will be ISU's Super Bowl as it was NIU's.

Last year Tulsa had a decent team. They won the games in their little conference and got blown out by teams outside of their conference. Oklahoma, OKSt, Houston, BSU. (by 20+) They'll have a decent team again this year, but not a BCS conference level team. They'll probably go 0-4 against top 25 teams again.

Two senior QB's that each have one road victory to their name over their careers at their respective schools.....do I have that right?

Think I'll go with the home team's QB next Saturday even though it will be ISU's Super Bowl as it was NIU's.

Quick question for ya. Who does Iowa play that it isn't that team's Super Bowl?

Tulsa has more talent at probably every position than Iowa minus maybe quarterback.

credibility.jpg

Perfect justification...also in 2005, isu put up 30+ points on a lesser opponent, ISU proceeded to put up a 23-3 margin on iowa......also in 2002, ISU blew out tennessee tech 58-6 and proceeded to beat the best team in iowa history in the second half alone...you can't use justifications to prognosticate the outcomes.....

You're right who am I'm kidding. Iowa stands no chance of winning after looking completely inept against a terrible team. ISU lit up a powerhouse program and all that's missing from Jantz to Aaron Rodgers comparisons is the 1 in front of the 2 on his jersey. And we can't forget ISU has Shontrelle Peterson-Rice-Jones-Drew in the backfield too!

I have not seen a Conference USA team with more talent on offense than Tulsa. Their running back and H back would start for most BSC schools. Their wide receivers are tall, fast, freakish athletes. Their offensive line is senior laden and very good. Every guy on that offense looks the part. As for their defensive line and corners they have some of the best in their conference. I was even more impressed with this team in person than I was on paper and that rarely happens as every team looks good on paper. This team is going to win a lot of games this season.

The starting RB was the leading rusher in Tx large school classification his SR year. He was recruited by OKy St, but academic issues forced him to Tulsa.

2002 the best Iowa team ever?
Cyclone fans never cease to amaze me.
Some of the 1920s and 1950s teams would have something to say about that.

Are you trying to say Soldier wasn't a home game for Iowa yesterday?

It absolutely was not a home game. Different stadium, different atmosphere, different background, unfamiliar settings. Just because the stadium was mostly Iowa fans in no way makes it equivalent to playing at Kinnick. I can't believe I have to even spell that out for you.

I have not seen a Conference USA team with more talent on offense than Tulsa. Their running back and H back would start for most BSC schools. Their wide receivers are tall, fast, freakish athletes. Their offensive line is senior laden and very good. Every guy on that offense looks the part. As for their defensive line and corners they have some of the best in their conference. I was even more impressed with this team in person than I was on paper and that rarely happens as every team looks good on paper. This team is going to win a lot of games this season.

Tulsa also plays in a crappy conference. I could say all the same things about NIU. They had a fast and big D Line. Their QB is a great runner. Their defensive backfield was solid. Thanks to a soft conference both teams could win a lot of games. It doesn't mean they would win squat in the B1G or the Big 12. I would expect both teams to be .500 at best in either conference.

I feel a little grossed out you asking about my penis? I guess Iowa City did not become the gay capital of Iowa without guys like you so congrats.

Ah, I love a rivalry thread. A mix of homophobia and name calling...perfect for Super Bowl Week.

Iowa State has a pretty veteran group. A lot of juniors and seniors in the two deeps that all have big game experience. Kinnick is a pretty imposing place to play, but I don't see Iowa State being as overwhelmed as they were two years ago. I know we had Arnaud but he was just awful against you guys.

I expect Iowa to clean up a lot of stuff this week as KF is a good coach. I don't think the talent difference that was largely in Iowa's favor for the past 10 years is there anymore. Iowa State finally has some nice team speed.

I know Iowa State needs to send some pressure because we typically cant create enough havoc with our front 4. They can't let JVB sit back in throw or he will pick apart our secondary.

Homer pick 31-24 ISU

Iowa State has a pretty veteran group. A lot of juniors and seniors in the two deeps that all have big game experience. Kinnick is a pretty imposing place to play, but I don't see Iowa State being as overwhelmed as they were two years ago. I know we had Arnaud but he was just awful against you guys.

I expect Iowa to clean up a lot of stuff this week as KF is a good coach. I don't think the talent difference that was largely in Iowa's favor for the past 10 years is there anymore. Iowa State finally has some nice team speed.

I know Iowa State needs to send some pressure because we typically cant create enough havoc with our front 4. They can't let JVB sit back in throw or he will pick apart our secondary.

Homer pick 31-24 ISU

I actually respect ISU posts like this. You are one of the few.

1 run all day otherwise they ran for less than 3 yards a carry. Tulsa has more talent at probably every position than Iowa minus maybe quarterback.

Listen, if I want the opinion of a P.O.S. clown fan I would go to your forum and get it.

I feel a little grossed out you asking about my penis? I guess Iowa City did not become the gay capital of Iowa without guys like you so congrats.

Can't believe you haven't been banned yet. A disgrace of a cyclone fan.

Can't believe you haven't been banned yet. A disgrace of a cyclone fan.
Im just fine until someone shoots out an insult. I would never insult someone on here and I dont expect to be. And why would anyone bring up a guy's penis size?

If Iowa can get more then ~4 yards a pass, and ~3 yards a rush, they have a good chance. But if they can't improve, I think ISU will win, but a close, contested game.

If Iowa can get more then ~4 yards a pass, and ~3 yards a rush, they have a good chance. But if they can't improve, I think ISU will win, but a close, contested game.

one would think those numbers would be a given...but if iowa can't pick up a blitz that's just how it might go down.

Latest posts