Thought on next week's ISU game???

we played a team with no passing game today. that won't be the case next week. If we don't get some turnovers, its going to be a long long afternoon.

Last edited:
I think Iowa will bounce back and we will see a much better performance next week. And playing the game in Kinnick will definitely help. I think home-field advantage is the decider for this one. Iowa 24 ISU 17

Tulsa had 1 touchdown after the 1st quarter..

Thank you for that brilliant piece of information. Look a little deeper than the score, pal.

ISU gave up 160 yards on the ground to a lackluster football team, over 5 yards per carry. ISU also allowed a crappy QB to throw for 200 yards. The only reason it wasn't close is because the crappy Tulsa QB threw 2 picks.

You wouldn't know that though because all you care to look at is that ISU only gave up 7 points after the first.

Thank you for that brilliant piece of information. Look a little deeper than the score, pal.

ISU gave up 160 yards on the ground to a lackluster football team, over 5 yards per carry. ISU also allowed a crappy QB to throw for 200 yards. The only reason it wasn't close is because the crappy Tulsa QB threw 2 picks.

You wouldn't know that though because all you care to look at is that ISU only gave up 7 points after the first.

75 of the rush yards were one play. Just sayin.

Remember a 2009 Iowa team that took 2 blocked FGs to win by one point against an FCS team only to rally for 11-2 record and Orange Bowl win. ISU fans were drooling because Iowa looked awful. Got blasted in Ames.

Iowa State squeezed by UNI last season, Jantz killed Iowa.

Moral of the story, never judge this game by the first game.

Perfect justification...also in 2005, isu put up 30+ points on a lesser opponent, ISU proceeded to put up a 23-3 margin on iowa......also in 2002, ISU blew out tennessee tech 58-6 and proceeded to beat the best team in iowa history in the second half alone...you can't use justifications to prognosticate the outcomes.....

My thoughts are could be a close game with either team winning or I think we might see the Hawks get blown out. I know my game plan on defense for the Clones would be to blitz often. If we cannot fix that portion of our offense we will struggle mightily.

It's a home game where Vandy is a different player. That said, if Iowa doesn't get some stuff figured out and hurt ISU in the vertical passing game, ISU will have no reason to not keep 8 men in the box. Iowa has some stuff to get figured out on offense before next week because I'm confident ISU will score a little bit, ESPECIALLY if there is no Lowery and ISU's BFF Castillo plays major snaps.

I think this rivalry gets more and more pathetic each year. what used to be an epic week long ******* match between bitter fan bases has turned into mutual masturbation where nobody is willing to step up and go out on a limb and everyone just nervously downplays their team for fear of being humiliated as they have in the past. for all the crap that gets talked before the season by both teams, it's embarrassing to see both sides curl up in their shells like cowards.

JVB goes Steele Jantz on the clowns and hawks win 31-20.

I predict that isu will win by at least 50 points. They are clearly the Alabama of the big(12-2).

ISU gave up one big run and thats about it. Tulsa got a safty and then got the ball on the ISU side of the field and scored. The other score came off an interception. The defense played lights out minus one run. Tulsa in a word on offense is loaded.

1 run all day otherwise they ran for less than 3 yards a carry. Tulsa has more talent at probably every position than Iowa minus maybe quarterback.

If vandy puts numbers up it'll be close. If not we lose by quite a few unless our dline/lbs learn to plug the middle and break jantz' leg

1 run all day otherwise they ran for less than 3 yards a carry. Tulsa has more talent at probably every position than Iowa minus maybe quarterback.

We'll see if you are still saying that after Saturday's game. I expect a tough close game. I expect Iowa to pull it out since it is at home, and we play so much better in Kinnick. Should be fun.

We'll see if you are still saying that after Saturday's game. I expect a tough close game. I expect Iowa to pull it out since it is at home, and we play so much better in Kinnick. Should be fun.

Are you trying to say Soldier wasn't a home game for Iowa yesterday?

I have not seen a Conference USA team with more talent on offense than Tulsa. Their running back and H back would start for most BSC schools. Their wide receivers are tall, fast, freakish athletes. Their offensive line is senior laden and very good. Every guy on that offense looks the part. As for their defensive line and corners they have some of the best in their conference. I was even more impressed with this team in person than I was on paper and that rarely happens as every team looks good on paper. This team is going to win a lot of games this season.

Are you trying to say Soldier wasn't a home game for Iowa yesterday?

It wasn't remotely a home game. There were mostly Iowa fans there, but that doesn't make it a home game. You don't ride a bus four hours to a home game, for one. You don't dress in a locker room for the first time at a home game.

Latest posts