Thought on next week's ISU game???

ISU may be more experienced, but I don't quite understand why some are talking like they return most of a 9-3 squad. They went 6-7 last year, and they put up 24 regulation points in a game where they handled the Iowa defense pretty well.

Chalk me up in the low-scoring crowd. ISU hits on a couple of deep balls that NIU couldn't, but with a couple turnovers and Iowa's offensive ball control, ISU loses a frustrating game 20-17, running only 2/3 the number of plays as the Hawks.

In reverse Ferentz-ball, the other team will average more yards per play and wonder how the hell they lost.

ISU has the potential to make this game a laugher... if we make a couple of mistakes they will win going away by 21 or more.

We have major issues in the offensive line (as usual) and the defenisve line (especially the 2 interior tackle spots) is suspect due to inexperience/size of the youngsters. The quarter back play is very questionable, especially when under pressure which will likely to be the case (no pocket-presence).

In major college football you win games at the line of scrimmage. This happens to be our two weakest areas this season. This was my biggest fear coming into the season and after watching and re-watching the game with Northern Illinois it was glaringly obvious.

Nothing changes my prediction that we will win at most 6 games this season.

ISU has the potential to make this game a laugher... if we make a couple of mistakes they will win going away by 21 or more.

We have major issues in the offensive line (as usual) and the defenisve line (especially the 2 interior tackle spots) is suspect due to inexperience/size of the youngsters. The quarter back play is very questionable, especially when under pressure which will likely to be the case (no pocket-presence).

In major college football you win games at the line of scrimmage. This happens to be our two weakest areas this season. This was my biggest fear coming into the season and after watching and re-watching the game with Northern Illinois it was glaringly obvious.

The DL held up reasonably well on Saturday. I'm not sure in what world giving up 201 yards in total offense is a bad thing, especially when one play accounted for 73 of those yds. I will admit that the jury is most certainly out on the DL yet, and they will have games that will be disappointing as they are young yet. This was not one of those games.

To put it in perspective, Miami (OH) gained 313 on Ohio St. USM gained 260 vs Nebraska. UNI 306 yds, Indiana St 387, Western Mich 259, Ohio 499. Only Purdue gave up less yards than Iowa against Eastern Kentucky allowing 190 yds.

The OL is going to be just fine. Lack of production this week was more a function of Vandy and the WR not being on the same page. There is a lot of potential on the OL, and I would expect that unit to keep improving throughout the season.

Anyone who is predicting a blow out by either team is not very smart. Both teams are a work in progress. The game is in Iowa City and besides Mich. St. whooping our ***** I can't recall the last time any team walked into Kinnick and had their way with Iowa. This series has been a good one lately and the rivalry is good so that must mean ISU has been fielding a decent team. They will cry because Iowa goes to bowl games and that they get no respect, which they shouldn't......they have no tradition and no history to speak of. Let's all remember that Mr. Ricky Stanzi has more bowl game wins than the whole ISU football program. Iowa fans need to stop pouting and talking bad about the team and coaches. Suck it up, if we win we win if we lose it's on to next week, the sun will come up. It's time to show some Hawkeye pride and believe that this team can and will win this game. Neither team has Drew Brees at QB or the Bears defensive scheme from 1985, nor is Barry Sanders in either backfield, so let's line em up and play the game on the field where it belongs.

How did Iowa lose either battle last Saturday? Iowa had a 150 yard rusher, and if it wasn't for that 73 yard TD run which was a bad play by the MLB and FS on the Hawks defense they would have had what 150-200 yards of total offense? Iowa allowed sacks on offense but that is what it is, it looked to me the NIU line was jumping the count which isn't good and when it's an obvious passing down they had their ears pinned backed.This game will not be a laugher either way.

A little insight from Coach Rhoads:

Iowa State had defensive linemen making plays Saturday that are three-deep on a two-deep depth chart.

The fresh legs of ISU's DL proved to come in pretty handy last week.

I listened to the Iowa game on the radio and they said a few times that this is the best defense the hawks will face this year. So, I will say hawks 44-17.

My guess is whoever does hawk radio broadcasts wouldn't know a defense from a picket fence.

There is no fight left in some of you. :(
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE]Bluto's Big Speech - Animal House (9/10) Movie CLIP (1978) HD - YouTube[/ame]

My guess is whoever does hawk radio broadcasts wouldn't know a defense from a picket fence.

NIU's defense while not at Alabama's level was a decent defense but nothing like the ISU defense Iowa will see this coming weekend, that being said I'm willing to bet Iowa puts 28+ on the board unless ISU has players fromt he '85 Bears on their side..........I know their LB core is the best in the nation so we shall see what happens on game day.

isu gets an early lead with 2+ rushing TD's in the first half. Hokks move the ball with a more confident and alert JVB, but still fizzle in the RedZone except for one rushing TD by Bullock late in the game after we kick 6+ FG's......

Hyde takes and INT or a Punt to the house.....after feeling the need to energize the D.

Iowa 35
Story County U 21

NIU's defense while not at Alabama's level was a decent defense but nothing like the ISU defense Iowa will see this coming weekend, that being said I'm willing to bet Iowa puts 28+ on the board unless ISU has players fromt he '85 Bears on their side..........I know their LB core is the best in the nation so we shall see what happens on game day.

The total on this game is 57.5. in the last 7 games between these two teams, the total has gone under 6 times. Last year was the exception and we had 3 OT. If this game turns into a shoot out , I don't believe Iowa has a chance. ISU is equipped with deep skill positions and is in the 4th year of the spread offense. Iowa is in the 1st year of a new offense. The odds are against Iowa winning this game unless they can run at will. I don't think that will happen.

The Hawk series isn't a blowout that often. For one thing Kirk will get a lead then he will sit on it. Secondly the game is in Iowa City. In many ways this is a better Iowa team than the team that went to Ames last year. And that team played a horrible game and it still took OT's to win it.

NIU's defense while not at Alabama's level was a decent defense but nothing like the ISU defense Iowa will see this coming weekend, that being said I'm willing to bet Iowa puts 28 on the board unless ISU has players fromt he '85 Bears on their side..........I know their LB core is the best in the nation so we shall see what happens on game day.
The total on this game is 57.5. in the last 7 games between these two teams, the total has gone under 6 times. Last year was the exception and we had 3 OT. If this game turns into a shoot out , I don't believe Iowa has a chance. ISU is equipped with deep skill positions and is in the 4th year of the spread offense. Iowa is in the 1st year of a new offense. The odds are against Iowa winning this game unless they can run at will. I don't think that will happen.
so now its a shoot out and u have no respect for iowa or our defense or kinnick stadium. four years in the spread with a new coordinator as Iowa has a new oc with a bunch of old stuff thrown in. iowa's offense isn't going to allow this game to be a shoot out because we eat the clock with long drives but good luck coming up with different scenerios all week.

so now its a shoot out and u have no respect for iowa or our defense or kinnick stadium. four years in the spread with a new coordinator as Iowa has a new oc with a bunch of old stuff thrown in. iowa's offense isn't going to allow this game to be a shoot out because we eat the clock with long drives but good luck coming up with different scenerios all week.

I believe the hawks will be very conservative in this game, that is why 28 pts is a stretch. hawks will try and grind it out and produce turnovers on defense. ISU is equipped to play any style game, and that is where the difference lies with these two teams. The clones are deeper and more experienced as a team, but if the hawks can create turnovers it will be interesting. If not, I don't see any way the hawks win.

I believe the hawks will be very conservative in this game, that is why 28 pts is a stretch. hawks will try and grind it out and produce turnovers on defense. ISU is equipped to play any style game, and that is where the difference lies with these two teams. The clones are deeper and more experienced as a team, but if the hawks can create turnovers it will be interesting. If not, I don't see any way the hawks win.

REALLY? expalin this please I'm on the edge of my seat. Is it u that says the Clones are deeper, an opinion of sorts or what? ISU isn't that good of a team to walk into Kinnick and Iowa our *****, please stop thinking that. ISU is not a ranked team. Please remember that Kinnick is where the game is being played and the history says Iowa will not be blown out. Both teams are capable of scoring in other ways than just on offense which makes my 28+ points the Hawks will score not a stretch. I'm not going to sit here and go back and forth with *** clowns all week either.

You do understand that Iowa is favored by 4 right now. That means the odds are IN IOWA'S favor. What kind of education are students getting these days at ISU?

With two blocked field goals Iowa escapes UNI...the posts leading up to the Iowa / Iowa State were that Iowa was overrated and their offensive line was incapable of protecting the QB. What happened in that game in Ames that year. A brutal beatdown, that's what happened.

Granted, Iowa is a team feeling their way around on offense and defense, but to come into Kinnick with the language being displayed, is somewhat shocking and a complete disregard to recent history of these games.

To the clone posters on here...this is why you continue to be ridiculed. You know not what you speak.

You do understand that Iowa is favored by 4 right now. That means the odds are IN IOWA'S favor. What kind of education are students getting these days at ISU?

I understand that Iowa is currently a 3.5 pt favorite. I also undrstand that Iowa is 1-6 ATS versus ISU in Kinnick the last 7 times they have played there. The line has been incorrctly slanted towards Iowa on a consistent basis at Kinnick. The money is flowing 60/40 on ISU currently, and I expect the smart money to go on ISU and the money line. I see the line consistently wrong when it comes to ISU, such as Iowa, OSU, Tx Tech, UCONN, last year and Tulsa the 1st game this year. Why should I expect that to change?

WOW are you clowns overconfident.
I sure hope y'all don't get badly injured when your fantasies come crashing back to earth.

Latest posts