This Wisconsin game is probably the most important Iowa game since 2010

Yep. My point exactly. This is a statement game for Iowa. If we don't win this game, just give the damned west to Wisconsin for the next 4 years unless Frost only needs 3 years to make Nebraska moderately decent again.
Yes, this can't be treated as "just another game" by anybody on any level. Too much is at stake, even in September.

The West, recruiting momentum, a win over a top twenty, further documentation that Kinnick at night is "death valley", all of it.

If we lose, we get a bye week to regroup. No reason not to let it all hang out.

Remember when Hayden used to go into Wisconsin and raid the state? Mark Bortz, Jay Norvell, Mike Saunders, John Derby, numerous others.

+ Iowa home game under the lights

+ Iowa has a deep defensive line that might cause problems, wear out Wisc

+ Iowa has tight ends that will be difficult to cover for a full game, have speed to break away

- Iowa has a QB who was rattled and imploded vs his home state team last year...skeletons exist

- Iowa has a QB who is experienced but also inconsistent

- Iowa has weak in game coaching which includes an inexperienced OC

* Key to the game is Stanley - will he shine or panic

Iowa has to win this game to be taken seriously. I am hopeful.

Actually, PSU totally dominated that game everywhere but on the scoreboard. Hawks were fortunate to take the lead late.
They did, but I was at the game and when I looked up at the scoreboard at the beginning of the 4th quarter the game was far from being decided.

Yep. My point exactly. This is a statement game for Iowa. If we don't win this game, just give the damned west to Wisconsin for the next 4 years unless Frost only needs 3 years to make Nebraska moderately decent again.

This game is absolutely enormous. I know hawk fans love to hate Nebby (who doesn't), but the real rival here is, and has been, Wisconsin. Wisconsin doesn't have to always dominate the West. Iowa can take it back. The winner of this game goes to Indy.

Wisconsin is a huge recruiting rival for Iowa as well. This game is big for our program in a lot of ways.

It will be close game, and an absolute war. If you thought the crowd was loud vs. ISU, the true night game Sat will be crazy loud. I'm already hoarse.

Wisconsin is a huge recruiting rival for Iowa as well. This game is big for our program in a lot of ways.
My point exactly. There was an inflection point in the program precisely at that 2010 game. Sure, Iowa had the nice year in 2015 where we narrowly beat a down Wisconsin team and went to Indy thanks to dodging all the good crossover teams and not shitting the bed against the Northwesterns and Purdues of the conference, but for the most part, Iowa has not been the same program bince that 2010 fake punt. Wisconsin is our #1 rival for recruiting that second tier Big Ten player who is considering the West and the decisions will be solidified over the next 6 weeks or so. This game is so huge for the future path of the program.

My point exactly. There was an inflection point in the program precisely at that 2010 game. Sure, Iowa had the nice year in 2015 where we narrowly beat a down Wisconsin team and went to Indy thanks to dodging all the good crossover teams and not shitting the bed against the Northwesterns and Purdues of the conference, but for the most part, Iowa has not been the same program bince that 2010 fake punt. Wisconsin is our #1 rival for recruiting that second tier Big Ten player who is considering the West and the decisions will be solidified over the next 6 weeks or so. This game is so huge for the future path of the program.

I have not been the same bince that fake punt, either.

Not reading every post, but 2015 game was last most important. We were undefeated and went undefeated and was one play from national playoff. We had lost to Arizona already in 2010 before playing Wisconsin.

Ron and I were at that game. Ybor City had a plethora of young talent running around wearing "Go Cocks" and "Cocks are hard to beat" and (etc etc). Fun times.
When I went to the stock car race at Darlington a few weeks ago, they had a college tailgate zone set up. I stopped by the portapotties there to let my son take a leak and some chicks told me it is their school year kickoff - they open the football season with a schoolwide tailgate then do a massive tailgate at Darlington that is the rush thing for some sororities and some frats. Holy shit, man, there had to be over a thousand chicks there, the average short size was cut about a half inch above the ass cheek fold and at least 80% of them were hot as all hell.

Latest posts