This season is officially a failure

Does this mean that Gameday won't be in Iowa City next week?

I'm thinking I will be able to get some less expensive tickets to next week's game and at the same time save some money from not having to feel it necessary to go to a BCS bowl game!

This is the most disappointing loss/season and I relly hope Ferentz and co. really look at what they are wanting to do with this program, cuz this $hit againts NW has to stop. I honestly don't care what happens at the OSU game. It's a moot point by now. There is no fire or heart coming from any of these players these last 5 weeks. Aside from MSU (fluke?), this teams has looked no better than the wonderful 2006 fat cats. Choke when it counts boys! Good luck the rest of the season. Somebody wake me up when MLB season starts...God I hate baseball.

It was certainly a setback today. However, I wouldn't go so far as saying it's a failure. We beat Ohio State next week, and all of the sudden, we're tied with them for 2nd in the Big Ten. Michigan State still has to play Penn St., who I think can beat them. Wisconsin has probably got the Rose Bowl in the bag at this point, and they deserve it. However, everything under that is still up for grabs. Yes, Iowa looked lackluster today to say the least. However, they've not matched up against Northwestern well in the last 5 years. Yes, we were out executed and out played today. Next week is still a crucial game for the Hawkeyes. I think they still have an awful lot to play for. And, I'm sure that Northwestern would gladly trade places with us right now. We took a loss. Their QB, Persa, ruptured his Achilles tendon and is done for the year. He is their entire offense, and I think they'll be lucky to win another game.

im sorry. but i dont think Kirk does it for me anymore as the IOWA coach.. we gave him his big pay day and he relaxed on all of us.. there is no desire to just kill an opponent.. we get up by 10 and we get conservative on offense and defense.. its almost as sick as watching basketball under Lick

im sorry. but i dont think Kirk does it for me anymore as the IOWA coach.. we gave him his big pay day and he relaxed on all of us.. there is no desire to just kill an opponent.. we get up by 10 and we get conservative on offense and defense.. its almost as sick as watching basketball under Lick

I think this is pushing it a little to far,

I think this is pushing it a little to far,

not at all.. if you have watched any of the games this season.. it is the same damn think each week...

where is the desire to put 83pts on the board... we had our chance to just destroy MSU and we laid down in the second half... id love to see iowa just one time run the score up on someone but no.. do you think Chip Kelly gives a **** that Oregon scored 70+pts on 2 opponents? Hell no he didnt.. he was probably telling them at half to run it up..

not at all.. if you have watched any of the games this season.. it is the same damn think each week...

where is the desire to put 83pts on the board... we had our chance to just destroy MSU and we laid down in the second half... id love to see iowa just one time run the score up on someone but no.. do you think Chip Kelly gives a **** that Oregon scored 70+pts on 2 opponents? Hell no he didnt.. he was probably telling them at half to run it up..

I agree with you on this. Would love to see just a lttle fire and emotion on the Iowa sideline.

Kirk will NEVER do that, he wants to be the nice guy, just barely beating a team is enough for him. It really really pisses me off.

Kirk will NEVER do that, he wants to be the nice guy, just barely beating a team is enough for him. It really really pisses me off.

AMEN...

and this is why IOWA will NEVER win a National Championship and as far as the Big Ten title goes.. well I dont know they will ever win that again either..

And that is why Iowa will NEVER strike any fear into teams they play as long as KF is fine with 8-4 and 7-5 seasons and with an offensive and defensive philosophy that is is both archaic and ineffective.

WOW. Really? hmmm...a tad extreme I'd say. disappointing loss yes; sounding a bit desperate; wake up from your anger hangover and be rational and realistic.

For all the frustrated fans out there we have been an 8-4 or 9-3 football team at best on average for the KF era. How can this be a disater season? We beat some good teams this year, and losses to good teams all by less than a TD. Believe me I am frustrated too. I am wondering why we are so out of shape that is totally out of sorts for an Iowa team. They got too full of themselves listing to all of us tell them how good they are. We have simply lost our edge! To me that falls on the guys wearing the pads not the headsets......

Latest posts