This Is Going To Be A Wild And Crazy Week

Northside Hawk

Buckle up buttercups. With one week to go and a couple games still to be decided today, there is a potential for TEN teams to finish 11-9 in the league.

And Iowa still owns tiebreakers on many of them. Which is why yesterday was so critical to win and would have been so devastating to lose.

Somebody is going to spit the bit and drop from the double bye to playing on Wednesday in one week. And somebody (hint, Iowa if we can steal one in Bloomington) is going to go the opposite direction.

My eye is on Michigan and Wisconsin. We need Bucky to win this big time. It would potentially put us in a four way tie for fifth with teams that we have the tiebreaker (Michigan, Illinois, and Rutgers).

And, oh yeah. In the middle of all this, Izzo is still whining because his scrimmage with Minnesota may not be rescheduled. And that's a win Sparty desperately needs.

I've campaigned for a month for Iowa to stay above the glut, which is why the two losses last week were so devastating. Now three fourths of the league has become a glut, so there is probably no escaping it, but losing to Michigan State would have mired us further into it.

For the record I'm watching Iowa vs Indiana women (which we considered driving down for) and it's not looking good for Bucky right now.

I posted somewhere else that we can still get the 2 seed if we win out. I'm pretty sure we can still get the 12 seed if we lose out.

Thanks Bucky. The one time we need you to win and you piss it away. And because you didn't foul late and gave up the three at the end of regulation.

I know we whiffed on our opportunity to take of business against Wisconsin, but this could be a crusher as far as bye/double bye and tournament seeding.

I have spent a lot of time on that bballnothing site just thinking about various scenarios. If it goes chalk then you are looking at Wisconsin and if they win, a matchup with Maryland. Lose the Nebraska game and we are talking Rutgers and Purdue.

So many moving parts, so much that has to still play out. It is going to be fun.

We hanging in a CraCra World

Exploding Banana GIF - Exploding Banana - Discover & Share GIFs

Back to Izzo here. I didn't pay attention to all his eulogies that he has delivered the past two weeks, so don't know what he said. But I'm going to venture a guess that he said something in the vein of "this is a time to heal, first and foremost, basketball is secondary and not important right now."

Then he turns around and voices his displeasure with the leagues lack of urgency to reschedule.

Well, Minnesota already had to reschedule one game lost to covid. It's not going to be easy to squeeze in another. And it's not going to be easy to play three games in one week with the tounament meat grinder to follow hot on the heels of this week.

Good luck Tom.

Little chance at Disassembly but I WOULD like to see some heart out there though.
Losing to Nebby at home would be an epic turd....dont think that'll happen.

Little chance at Disassembly but I WOULD like to see some heart out there though.
Losing to Nebby at home would be an epic turd....dont think that'll happen.
Maybe we catch Indiana flat after their big win at rival Purdue.

Not likely because Bohannon was responsible for much of our recent success against them, but stranger things have happened.

In an unrelated note Joe Lunardi's bracketology report, which came out before this weekend's games and needs to be updated, had Iowa in an 8/9 game vs Nevada.

Guess who their coach is?

Maybe we catch Indiana flat after their big win at rival Purdue.

Not likely because Bohannon was responsible for much of our recent success against them, but stranger things have happened.

In an unrelated note Joe Lunardi's bracketology report, which came out before this weekend's games and needs to be updated, had Iowa in an 8/9 game vs Nevada.

Guess who their coach is?
I think they do that just to get people on forums like this hard up.

Just a projection, but one latest bracketology has 1 seed Purdue potentially facing 8 seed Arkansas in the second round.

You do NOT want to draw Eric Musselman coached teams in March. You do not.

Northwestern lost to PSU. I also believe Michigan will lose. I think they play at Illinois and at Indiana. If we take care of business against Nebraska we should be golden. Go Hawks.

Latest posts