This is a bad loss....

Gohawks123

There's really no other way to spin it. Wake has been terrible this year with a 10 point loss at home to now 2-3 Stetson and another 10 point loss to 1-3 Winthrop at home. They will almost certainly finish dead last in the ACC.

I honestly thought we would win this one. I'm happy the guys never gave up, but damn Wake is terrible. I was hoping for 10 wins this year....that is looking like a stretch at this point. Hopefully we can learn to finish teams off.

This one definitely hurt, especially with being up 12 at halftime. You still have to give Wake credit though, they shot extremely well from three in the second half and Terrell had himself a great game. It was still impressive with how Iowa never backed down and fought back. What sucks the most is how everyone in the whole state knew that last second shot was going in. If there's a last second shot against Iowa, you can bet anything that it's going in. Coach needs to help lead this team past this curse, I'm tired of reliving it five times a season.

I agree this is a bad loss. Feel like 3 of the 4 losses should have been wins. Not blaming anyone, just feel things would not be this bad.

I watch a lot of basketball...a lot. It just seems like more often than not someone is having the game of their life against Iowa. It's frustrating....I don't see it happen to other teams and I refuse to believe its just a coincidence.

I don't think it is as bad as we all think. With last years coaching staff, we would have lost by at least 20 points. I think over the next two years, we are gonna have a lot of games like this. Close games that we feel that we should have won. But give us till year three. These underclassmen will be juniors and seniors (May, Marble, etc). All we need is a point guard for that year and we may have a hell of a team. But don't get down, we will have some growing pains but better times will come.

I don't think it is as bad as we all think. With last years coaching staff, we would have lost by at least 20 points. I think over the next two years, we are gonna have a lot of games like this. Close games that we feel that we should have won. But give us till year three. These underclassmen will be juniors and seniors (May, Marble, etc). All we need is a point guard for that year and we may have a hell of a team. But don't get down, we will have some growing pains but better times will come.

20 points? We lost by 6 last year in the challenge to a VaTech team that ended up with 25 wins on the year. Wake will be lucky to get 10 wins this year. I'm not trying to defend Lick or hate on Fran, but people on here act like we were blown out of every game last year.

I watch a lot of basketball...a lot. It just seems like more often than not someone is having the game of their life against Iowa. It's frustrating....I don't see it happen to other teams and I refuse to believe its just a coincidence.

Haha you are exactly right its not a coincidence. Its much easier to have the game of your life against poorer teams and teams that can't play defense.

By no means am I one that believes in moral victories, however, I will add that I've had very little opportunities to watch this team this season and last night brought back a feeling that I'd lost the last few seasons. Even in the loss, last night was the first night I can honestly say that I had a teriffic time watching them and actually felt like my heart was ripped out when that final three was made. I still don't believe in moral victories, however after last night I can honestly say that my I'm back on board.

Haha you are exactly right its not a coincidence. Its much easier to have the game of your life against poorer teams and teams that can't play defense.

Hammer meet nail. Absolutely spot on.

This is not a bad loss.

This is just another loss in what has become a 'tradition' for Iowa in the past 4 years.

By no means am I one that believes in moral victories, however, I will add that I've had very little opportunities to watch this team this season and last night brought back a feeling that I'd lost the last few seasons. Even in the loss, last night was the first night I can honestly say that I had a teriffic time watching them and actually felt like my heart was ripped out when that final three was made. I still don't believe in moral victories, however after last night I can honestly say that my I'm back on board.

While watching the first half, and Iowa leading by 18, I said to my friends, "this is horrible. It is like watching a junior high game. No defense, and somebody is getting to the basket on every possession."

I fell asleep. I woke up just in time to watch Wake knock down that ridiculous game winner.

Then, I asked my friends. "what the heck happened?"

The first response I get: "Iowa happened."

Ouch,.

While watching the first half, and Iowa leading by 18, I said to my friends, "this is horrible. It is like watching a junior high game. No defense, and somebody is getting to the basket on every possession."

I fell asleep. I woke up just in time to watch Wake knock down that ridiculous game winner.

Then, I asked my friends. "what the heck happened?"

The first response I get: "Iowa happened."

Ouch,.

If you really fell asleep watching this game then I take it you haven't seen a full Iowa game in over 3 years.

If you really fell asleep watching this game then I take it you haven't seen a full Iowa game in over 3 years.

Actually, it is because the game was not at all entertaining.

Yes, we led (that being the operative term) by 18 points, but the pace/style of the game was not at all exciting. Turnover after turnover.

Then, Iowa because a perimeter only team. Of course, that was aided by Wake's defense beginning to actually show up.

Add to that I just got done working for 13 hours and, perhaps, nodding off is a possibility.

I disagree as well- this is the first game I've been able to watch on TV (living in TX) since last year, and it was much more entertaining. Sure, the end result wasn't desirable but this team did have a good first half and it did show some fight to come back when Wake put on their run in the second half and stretched out their lead.

Amazing...every loss can be is a bad loss in my book, but did we really expect anything different from such a young team learning a new system? The Hawks are playing a much more entertaining style of basketball and the improvement over the last several weeks has been tremendous.

Anyone that fell asleep watching this game, I truly feel sorry for your wife/girlfriend! Seriously, the fact that a player has a career night against the Hawks is not an isolated case that only happens to Iowa. Get real, it happens to every team no matter what their win/loss record is...stuff happens. As the coach said, they played for a poor percentage shot that they just happened to make...stuff happens.

No,not a bad loss. This team will have some bad losses,like South Dakota St,but in a road ACC venue,first true road game for the three frosh and Bryce(who played a ton of minutes),with Gatens fresh out of surgery....this was a great learning opportunity for this young team.
We played young,but we are young. Cole is the only true veteran besides Gatens right now,and Cole did not play much. So the lions share of the minutes were by 1st or 2nd year guys.

Look,anyone that expected this team to win this game in the summer was nuts. Then have two of our 4 returning vets have surgery in November? Get out. This team is going to win 12-13 games,tops. Get used to it. And enjoy the journey. The arrow is pointing up again for the program.

No,not a bad loss. This team will have some bad losses,like South Dakota St,but in a road ACC venue,first true road game for the three frosh and Bryce(who played a ton of minutes),with Gatens fresh out of surgery....this was a great learning opportunity for this young team.
We played young,but we are young. Cole is the only true veteran besides Gatens right now,and Cole did not play much. So the lions share of the minutes were by 1st or 2nd year guys.

Look,anyone that expected this team to win this game in the summer was nuts. Then have two of our 4 returning vets have surgery in November? Get out. This team is going to win 12-13 games,tops. Get used to it. And enjoy the journey. The arrow is pointing up again for the program.

Agreed. Would have loved to have seen a W last night (as I do on any night), but the game was fun to watch, Iowa actually played with some passion and athleticism, something sorely missing the past three years.

I don't think we'll win many games this year but I enjoyed seeing an Iowa team run, press, force turnovers and drive to the basket. Those are positives in and of themselves. Fran's rebuilding a program that was in shambles, and it looks to me like he has a good start. I am confident the W's will come.

You may want to take a look at where SDSU is rated as compared to Wake Forest. This is a worse loss than the South Dakota game. Wake is terrible this year and is not expected to win any more than three conference games this year.

Amazing...every loss can be is a bad loss in my book, but did we really expect anything different from such a young team learning a new system? The Hawks are playing a much more entertaining style of basketball and the improvement over the last several weeks has been tremendous.

Anyone that fell asleep watching this game, I truly feel sorry for your wife/girlfriend! Seriously, the fact that a player has a career night against the Hawks is not an isolated case that only happens to Iowa. Get real, it happens to every team no matter what their win/loss record is...stuff happens. As the coach said, they played for a poor percentage shot that they just happened to make...stuff happens.

This isn't Chris Paul's Wake Forest people. They are probably the 4th worst team we will play this year behind SIU, UL Monroe, and Idaho State. I see improvement in some areas, but that should be expected, and every other team improves early in the year too. I realize its the first road game, but people are really dismissing how bad this Wake team is. Big home losses already to two terrible low majors in Winthrop and Stetson. There's no reason we shouldn't be able to play at the level of Stetson and Winthrop.

Latest posts