This is a bad loss....

You may want to take a look at where SDSU is rated as compared to Wake Forest. This is a worse loss than the South Dakota game. Wake is terrible this year and is not expected to win any more than three conference games this year.

I don't see any way they win 3. Maybe 1-2...they could honestly go winless.

Amazing...every loss can be is a bad loss in my book, but did we really expect anything different from such a young team learning a new system?

You can say the exact same thing about Wake Forest. They were starting freshmen and sophomores, and also are in the first year under a new coach. In fact, you could say Wake is younger than we are.. We started two juniors and a senior last night (Gatens, Cartwright, Cole).

I'm encouraged by many things I saw last night, but "youth and new system" isn't a card we can play to explain away last night's loss, given our opponent is in exactly the same boat.

I'm not b!tch!ng about last night's loss, so don't take that the wrong way. I don't expect miracles this year because I know how big of a mess McCaffery inherited, and I realize this isn't going to happen overnight. I'm only saying that I think some of the excuse making needs to stop.

I watch a lot of basketball...a lot. It just seems like more often than not someone is having the game of their life against Iowa. It's frustrating....I don't see it happen to other teams and I refuse to believe its just a coincidence.

Typical Hawk fan is typical.

one of the biggest things i see missing on this iowa team is Depth.. how much of an impact would cully payne have had on this game if he were to have played? and secondly our post players need a bit more size.. it will take time to get the recruits but the gameplan is working.. im excited to watch Iowa basketball again..

the players will come.. i think Aaron Fuller is kicking himself right now for transfering

I only saw the last 5 minutes, and what I saw was an excited basketball team. It looked like the players were having fun out there. They looked like a team again.
We are headed in the right direction. Wouldn't surprise me if we won 7 Big Ten games this year.

20 points? We lost by 6 last year in the challenge to a VaTech team that ended up with 25 wins on the year. Wake will be lucky to get 10 wins this year. I'm not trying to defend Lick or hate on Fran, but people on here act like we were blown out of every game last year.

We were blown out of a lot of them. Scoring 40 to 50 points a game was terrible. Lickliter was a total failure and is a big reason why Fran has a heck of a rebuilding job. With that said, I watch a lot of basketball as well and it is clearly evident that Fran is 10X's the coach that Lickliter was. He will get it turned around, give him some time. The way they played in the first half is what they are capable of. Since you watch a lot of basketball, you should know that young teams that are playing mostly freshman and soph's are going to have droughts during the game. As the season moves along, I believe you will see those droughts fade and Iowa play more like the first half of last nights game for the whole game.

No, because you think that when other teams play you it is their "superbowl". I didn't believe what people were telling me on CF but aparently it was true.

We were blown out of a lot of them. Scoring 40 to 50 points a game was terrible. Lickliter was a total failure and is a big reason why Fran has a heck of a rebuilding job. With that said, I watch a lot of basketball as well and it is clearly evident that Fran is 10X's the coach that Lickliter was. He will get it turned around, give him some time. The way they played in the first half is what they are capable of. Since you watch a lot of basketball, you should know that young teams that are playing mostly freshman and soph's are going to have droughts during the game. As the season moves along, I believe you will see those droughts fade and Iowa play more like the first half of last nights game for the whole game.

I'm not bashing Fran by any means, but I'm certainly not going to say I'm positive he can turn things around either. We started 2 juniors and a senior last night and our other starter (May- sophomore) played all year last year. Wake started 2 freshman, 1 sophomore, and 2 juniors last night. Our starting lineup really isn't that "young". Some of our depth is young, but most teams around the country and playing freshman and sophs off their bench as well. Iowa has already played the softest part of its schedule and has gone 3-4. If we are going to win more games we will have to improve dramatically.

No, because you think that when other teams play you it is their "superbowl". I didn't believe what people were telling me on CF but aparently it was true.

When did I say that? I said it seems like every game we play somebody has the night of their life AND IT CAN'T BE A COINCIDENCE. They reason they have the night of their life is because they are playing a team that does a poor job defensively. You're an idiot.

He is in his first year as a coach, I don't know how you can be so critical of him in his first year.

Let me be clear that I don't think Fran has a lot to work with here. This team would struggle is Coach K was here. I just think people should prepare themselves for a sub 10 win season, because there aren't many more wins left on the schedule that I can see.

When did I say that? I said it seems like every game we play somebody has the night of their life AND IT CAN'T BE A COINCIDENCE. They reason they have the night of their life is because they are playing a team that does a poor job defensively. You're an idiot.

I've seen several people on this site say when they play someone the other team acts like it's their superbowl.

Although now that you are acting like 5 year old and calling me names I can tell you that you are just another typical hawk fan.

I've seen several people on this site say when they play someone the other team acts like it's their superbowl.

Although now that you are acting like 5 year old and calling me names I can tell you that you are just another typical hawk fan.

You quoted my post and came after me for something that you misinterpreted. There are lots of Iowa fans that clearly can't admit when an Iowa athletic team isn't good, and I'm clearly not one of them. So take your attacks elsewhere.

Latest posts