This is a bad loss....

I've seen several people on this site say when they play someone the other team acts like it's their superbowl.

That's been said about ISU in football, and it was mentioned after the football team lost to Minnesota, which by the way, is a rivalry game for the Floyd of Rosedale trophy.

I've never seen anyone else on these boards say that about all of our games, and certainly not when it comes to the basketball team.

I've just never seen that before, and it was something I was told about. So it made me laugh.

You may want to take a look at where SDSU is rated as compared to Wake Forest. This is a worse loss than the South Dakota game. Wake is terrible this year and is not expected to win any more than three conference games this year.

SDSU is better than we thought,but losing at CHA makes it a bad loss.
If Iowa loses to Wake at CHA- bad loss.
But Iowa was on the road to a ACC venue,first road game of the Fran era,with our three frosh and a newcomer juco playing most of the minutes. Cole,May and Gatens are the only guys who have really even played on the road before. And I do not care how bad Wake is, they have 5 top 100 recruits on that team,and Iowa has one. Wake is also a developing team,like Iowa,and home team usually wins when you have two teams dominated by youth.

No where in this thread was it said or alluded to though. So I'm not sure what made you laugh.

You said that when teams play against you they pretty much bring their A game and its not a coincidence....

What else would they bring?

I watch a lot of basketball...a lot. It just seems like more often than not someone is having the game of their life against Iowa. It's frustrating....I don't see it happen to other teams and I refuse to believe its just a coincidence.

Game of their life = A game.

Maybe it's just that Iowa is too cocky and think that they are better than they actually are.

Game of their life = A game.

Maybe it's just that Iowa is too cocky and think that they are better than they actually are.

Those two terms are not equivalent in most people's opinion. It's not a coincidence that opposing players play the game of their life against Iowa, it's a product of a poor basketball team allowing it. That is what I was saying in my post, and you completely missed the point I was making.

I dont think Wake is a terrible team, and nor will they be. They have started off poorly because of young talent and a new coach as has Iowa, the difference between the two is talent they have and the talent Iowa lacks. Now I knows stars/rankings dont mean a whole lot but Terrell and McKie and three others from 09 and 10 recruiting classes are 4*. One of them has to be a legitimate 4*(clearly Terrell is) recruit on the other hand Iowa doesnt have a legitimate 4* recruit.

I think it was a bad loss because Iowa was up by 18 at one point, but it wasnt a bad loss because Wake is a bad team, because once Wake gets used to the new coach and style they will be good. Iowa show signs of resiliancy though, when you are down 10 on the road and you can come back to take a lead it shows a lot. Not to beat a dead horse but last years regime I doubt would have had them up by 18, and wouldnt have been able to come back from 10 down.

I'm not bashing Fran by any means, but I'm certainly not going to say I'm positive he can turn things around either. We started 2 juniors and a senior last night and our other starter (May- sophomore) played all year last year. Wake started 2 freshman, 1 sophomore, and 2 juniors last night. Our starting lineup really isn't that "young". Some of our depth is young, but most teams around the country and playing freshman and sophs off their bench as well. Iowa has already played the softest part of its schedule and has gone 3-4. If we are going to win more games we will have to improve dramatically.

Iowa started a senior in undersized and limited Jared Cole, a junior in Matt Gatens who is still returning from injury and clearly isn't in a groove, a soph in May, a freshman in Basabe in Iowa's 1st true road game and yes another junior in Bryce Cartwright, who again is in his 1st year on campus, but probably looks the best next to May on the team.

I believe Wake started a 5 star recruit, 3 four stars and 1 one star. At least that is what someone else posted. They are not without talent, I just think the offense they run is terrible for the players they have.

Iowa started a senior in undersized and limited Jared Cole, a junior in Matt Gatens who is still returning from injury and clearly isn't in a groove, a soph in May, a freshman in Basabe in Iowa's 1st true road game and yes another junior in Bryce Cartwright, who again is in his 1st year on campus, but probably looks the best next to May on the team.

I believe Wake started a 5 star recruit, 3 four stars and 1 one star. At least that is what someone else posted. They are not without talent, I just think the offense they run is terrible for the players they have.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoqfVYLa0so]YouTube - Spin Doctors - Two Princes [OFFICIAL HQ VIDEO] by M. Santiago[/ame]

So, from what you are saying, it was like he!! freezing over that Iowa led that game by 18?

Give me a freakin' break. We lost. Period. No excuses.

Latest posts