There’s no question...

All I know is that home game when we beat Michigan by 15 pts feels like a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago. Rebounding is part effort, part anticipatory focus. Tonight, Iowa's front court players demonstrated neither. Once a shot went up on either end, they simply stood around and looked at the ball as if it had some hypnotic power over them. On the offensive side of life, teams have adjusted their defenses....and Iowa's coaches and players have not yet figured out how to make successful adjustments to the adjustments. It begins and ends there.

It was a sad and pathetic display last night. The players, the coaches, us...we should all be ashamed of that - and more so upset with how this season is finishing. My bar was get back to the NCAA and I keep complaining about people changing the target.... screw that, my fucking target is changing. This is pathetic. Iowa has 2 more opportunities to turn it around and salvage this - that's all they got. I'll be satisfied if they can figure it out, I won't be if they can't. Pretty simple.

It was a sad and pathetic display last night. The players, the coaches, us...we should all be ashamed of that - and more so upset with how this season is finishing. My bar was get back to the NCAA and I keep complaining about people changing the target.... screw that, my fucking target is changing. This is pathetic. Iowa has 2 more opportunities to turn it around and salvage this - that's all they got. I'll be satisfied if they can figure it out, I won't be if they can't. Pretty simple.
Denzel-Washington-My-Man.gif

Once they beat Indiana they realized they were still probably going to be the 6 seed in the BTT and that everyone was saying they were a lock for the Big Dance. Maybe subconsciously they didn't feel there was that much to play for anymore.

Grasping at straws probably.

Every team every year has close games that could go either way. We played hard and with heart all year and then Dolph goes all King Kong and Fran gets suspended and they tank. Never seen anything like that in my life.

It’s almost like the players are protesting via their play...it’s the only answer that makes any sense!

A building falling apart and the coach's son getting cancer is right up there. This is just the latest example of what we already knew. Iowa cant have nice things. Only at Iowa can you do things like land the national coach of the year just to find out he was riding his assistant's coat tails. Great player dies, All American gets hurt. The basketball gods will always find a way.

You guys realize that Farta & Fran probably negotiated a new contract/buyout a couple of weeks ago, right? We'll have to wait until Dochterman does a FOIA to get the details.

They knocked the new contract out while eating pizza during the Rutgers game. Just haven't announced it yet.

Right... it’s not just the losing of the games, it’s how badly they are getting beat. Speaks to a much larger problem.

Beat Nebraska and win one in the BTT I’ll be satisfied with the season as a whole, but Fran still has some serious egg on his face with the suspension and another late season swoon, meaning he hasn’t earned much goodwill and should still be coaching for his job next season.

Recruiting is very much part of coaching...a huge part.

It's not the ingredients in the recipe that has me concerned. It's the recipe.

It's too easy just to go back and point to recruiting. IMO, he's got enough players and talent to win. It all comes down to half-court defense and half-court offense which, unfortunately for Iowa, is most of the game.

It's not the ingredients in the recipe that has me concerned. It's the recipe.

It's too easy just to go back and point to recruiting. IMO, he's got enough players and talent to win. It all comes down to half-court defense and half-court offense which, unfortunately for Iowa, is most of the game.
I get what your saying, but the ultimate measure of talent when everything is stripped away is winning. And this team is losing in spectacular fashion. I stand by the statement that none of our players would start on a currently ranked P6 team. And that includes Cook.

When you can't come up with one on a whole roster of Big Ten players, that's a major, major recruiting fail.

I never really thought about what the King Kong thing could have done to the team. Look what it did to this board. Were there players getting into it with other players over it? Did it cause a huge rift?

I get what your saying, but the ultimate measure of talent when everything is stripped away is winning. And this team is losing in spectacular fashion. I stand by the statement that none of our players would start on a currently ranked P6 team. And that includes Cook.

When you can't come up with one on a whole roster of Big Ten players, that's a major, major recruiting fail.

Yes they would. That is ridiculous. What is a P6 team? Am I missing something? Did you mean P5?

It's easy to say that now that they are sucking. But a month ago we had 3 guys who would start on a lot of teams.

This program has some issues. The late season collapse are a trend over Fran's 9 years here. Last night was utterly embarrassing. I know we aren't supposed to call out the players but they 100% gave up and the post game comments by them straight up pissed me off. There is no sense of urgency with this team. Same BS being said back when the Aaron White era teams pissed the season away.

I don't know what the answer is but this crap is getting old.

There's something psychologically off in Fran's program...always has been. I don't know what it is...but the late season collapses, pathetic no-shows and apparent lack of toughness...both physical and mental is undeniable

Right... it’s not just the losing of the games, it’s how badly they are getting beat. Speaks to a much larger problem.

Beat Nebraska and win one in the BTT I’ll be satisfied with the season as a whole, but Fran still has some serious egg on his face with the suspension and another late season swoon, meaning he hasn’t earned much goodwill and should still be coaching for his job next season.
he's coaching for his job every season from here on out IMO - no more good will until he reaches an accomplishment with some sort of tangible feeling to it.

Yes they would. That is ridiculous. What is a P6 team? Am I missing something? Did you mean P5?
P5 in football. There is more like a P6 in basketball, when you consider the Big East. The Big East has more FFs and NCAA titles in the last 10 years than the BIG does. That's just a guess based on Villanova, Butler, etc

Latest posts