There’s no question...

Ballplayer comes up to the baseball major leagues. He hits well. The pitchers adjust. But the test for the hitter is, can he adjust to THEIR adjustments. Many can't. Iowa fades because their head coach can't adjust to other teams' adjustments. The Hawkeye offense consists of getting the ball into Cook or Garza at which point all offensive movement stops and Cook or Garza try to make a playground move. C & G frequently put up bad shots. Their shooting percentages (54% and 52% respectively) are simply not very good for players who attempt most of their shots from 5-7 feet away, or less. I'm not sure the talent is there to be better than 10-10. But I know McCaffrey doesn't have a clue what to do to tweak the offense. The Hawks' last good game was February 1. Since that time they've gone 4-4 due largely to miraculous performances in the clutch. I'm not taking that away from the Hawks. Not at all. But they haven't played well the first thirty-five minutes of a game since February 1. Coaching. Fran not being there the last two games hasn't hurt them at all. The coaching we are lacking is BETWEEN, NOT DURING, games.

Yes they would. That is ridiculous. What is a P6 team? Am I missing something? Did you mean P5?
Start on a currently ranked P6 team?

P6 is what people go by when talking basketball because the Big East is considered a major conference in addition to the other power 5.

Ballplayer comes up to the baseball major leagues. He hits well. The pitchers adjust. But the test for the hitter is, can he adjust to THEIR adjustments. Many can't. Iowa fades because their head coach can't adjust to other teams' adjustments. The Hawkeye offense consists of getting the ball into Cook or Garza at which point all offensive movement stops and Cook or Garza try to make a playground move. C & G frequently put up bad shots. Their shooting percentages (54% and 52% respectively) are simply not very good for players who attempt most of their shots from 5-7 feet away, or less. I'm not sure the talent is there to be better than 10-10. But I know McCaffrey doesn't have a clue what to do to tweak the offense. The Hawks' last good game was February 1. Since that time they've gone 4-4 due largely to miraculous performances in the clutch. I'm not taking that away from the Hawks. Not at all. But they haven't played well the first thirty-five minutes of a game since February 1. Coaching. Fran not being there the last two games hasn't hurt them at all. The coaching we are lacking is BETWEEN, NOT DURING, games.

Solid.

P5 in football. There is more like a P6 in basketball, when you consider the Big East. The Big East has more FFs and NCAA titles in the last 10 years than the BIG does. That's just a guess based on Villanova, Butler, etc
I doubt they have more final fours. Michigan and Wisconsin have multiple final fours in that time frame as does Michigan State.

<<Is Fran the best Iowa can do?>>

No. But he IS the best Barta can do...

This. The last thing we want is for Barta to hire the next basketball coach, and it doesn't seem like Harreld has the gull to fire Barta if he didn't after he embarrassed the university with the discrimination lawsuit.

It does seem like the two times this season that Barta and Fran (the "adults", and I use that term loosely) got involved with something other than the on-court product with the team, results went to crap. There are teams that are probably going to have their entire coaching staff overthrown in the offseason because they paid for players that have still played well the entire way. Fran and Barta invent crap that creates headlines and leaves the players to answer for it, and the losing begins. I cannot think of another decent program in the country where it feels like the coach and the AD are actively inventing conflicts that are hurting the team.

I doubt they have more final fours. Michigan and Wisconsin have multiple final fours in that time frame as does Michigan State.
They have more as a league but the Big East would also include Louisville and UCONN for half of the last decade.
I just looked it up. 2009-2018 (10 years) = Big East - 9 FFs. BIG - 8 FFs

They have more as a league but the Big East would also include Louisville and UCONN for half of the last decade.
I just looked it up. 2009-2018 (10 years) = Big East - 9 FFs. BIG - 8 FFs
Correct. Old Big East was much better than current Big East.

...this team has officially quit.

But why? That’s what I don’t get...

We were a 21 win team coming off a thrilling OT victory against Indiana and gunning for a double bye in the BTT and then just packed it in?

Makes no damn sense!
Agree. Why? Well win next game and then???? Hawk Players Tough.Staff must connect with them Starts at Top.

Garza lost his confidence awhile back and never got it back. Moss is the worst 2 guard in the conference (country?) and he lost all confidence. Cook lost his confidence awhile back. When you play a bunch of guys with no confidence at all, this is what you get.

Shut up you know how many times we’ve came out flat in games and leaned on moss to score the bulk of the points in the first half? His last two games have been bad. Go root for ISU bum worst two guard on the country LMAO you for sure don’t know basketball or watch any other teams

"really, really bad" is pushing it. Right now, yes, but "really, really bad" teams don't win 21 games. But "really, really bad" stuff like suspending broadcasters for stupid shit, coaches going all 8-year-old-brat-ala-Veruca-Salt, and players second-guessing themselves can stop momentum of a team in its tracks. Even a 21-win team.

This team now? It looks like an SCTV sketch.
This team is a Steve Brule sketch.

Shut up you know how many times we’ve came out flat in games and leaned on moss to score the bulk of the points in the first half? His last two games have been bad. Go root for ISU bum worst two guard on the country LMAO you for sure don’t know basketball or watch any other teams

3 or 4? How many other games other than those has he even looked average. I am about ready to start cheering for ISU tho. Oh wait, they suck worse.

3 or 4? How many other games other than those has he even looked average. I am about ready to start cheering for ISU tho. Oh wait, they suck worse.
In fairness, you’ve always had a distaste for Moss. Just have to view him as a shooter, which is hard to do because he does have some athleticism, he just doesn’t know how to use it properly.

In fairness, you’ve always had a distaste for Moss. Just have to view him as a shooter, which is hard to do because he does have some athleticism, he just doesn’t know how to use it properly.

But in fairness to me, after about 3 games in a row of him actually looking like a basketball player, I was all over it. Since then it's been back to never making a single effort play and not knowing what a good shot is.

I think it's all the Dolphin effect. What's the team's record this year without Gary? We lost early when he was suspended and we've lost every game since his last suspension

Latest posts