The Truth

Good observations. WE are not nearly as bad as we looked nor is MinnyHaHa nearly as good as they looked yesterday. Minnie played the perfect game of their careers and we were unfortanate to be the team on the otherside of it. Their QB could do nothing wrong. Every pass was a laser,every decsion precise.He'll never play another game like that one. My biggest concern was how easily they man handled us on both sides of the line.

Bottom line we are what we thought we are. A very average to poor football team that is lucky to have the easiast schedule in years to help it look better than poor. This is due to our coaching staff. The blame is entirely on their failures and KF is the chief blame which is unacceptable in his 16th season.
Another ho-hum qb with a career day against Iowa. Happens way too often.

Good observations. WE are not nearly as bad as we looked nor is MinnyHaHa nearly as good as they looked yesterday. Minnie played the perfect game of their careers and we were unfortanate to be the team on the otherside of it. Their QB could do nothing wrong. Every pass was a laser,every decsion precise.He'll never play another game like that one. My biggest concern was how easily they man handled us on both sides of the line.
I agree completely.

The disturbing thing to me:

The first part of your sentence anyone could pluck Minnie out of and insert just about any other team or player that seems to have a career game or season-best game against Iowa any given week. So that means the second part of your sentence cannot also be true.

It's not "unfortunate" when it happens time and time again.

No disagreement from me about the state of the program. But I am holding kfootball to an expectation that, in his 16th season at Iowa and with a, mostly, seasoned roster returning, Iowa should reach the B1G championship game; particularly, with such an easy schedule. On some levels, it is an expectation and not a belief. Nonetheless, we haven't been mathematically eliminated yet.

I hope Iowa wins out and I fear if they do, they will be in the title game. OSU would totally embarrass Iowa.

Most of you on this board are the problem. You're all a bunch of idiots with too high of expectations and no idea about the reality of Iowa football...they suck.

Hell, last week after beating an absolutely horrible NW some of you were talking playoffs and most of you were talkimg about a B1G title game. Thats mental!

Last week, in my thread, I gave you proof Iowa is bad. 1 win against a team with a winning record (UNI) and a loss to bottom dweller ISU. Still you chose Iowa to beat a Minnesota team that actually has a pulse.

What talent did I happen to miss that some of you saw that made you think Iowa could beat Minn, Nebby, or Wisky?

Now now Sparky.... Did that make you feel better?

Somehow a 51-14 loss to OSU isn't as bad as a 51-14 loss against Minny. Maybe that goes to expectation. I have given up all expectations for this year and maybe for the rest of KF's tenure. Call me de-Homered. I will still root for but I no longer expect anything.

Keep the thumbs down coming...I'm still waiting for one of the idiots on this board to answer my question.

Now now Sparky.... Did that make you feel better?

No. What would make me feel better is if people would have some realistic expectations so every week when Iowa loses I don't have to come around to the shock and awe of it all.

At this point in time I'm starting to miss Vin and Ghost, at least they also knew Ferentz has been done since 2010.

The funny thing to me is that Sparky is trumpeting his own "predictions" and superior football intellect (according to him), but he's too stupid to realize that according to his rant he's utilizing an incredibly small minority of posters in order to make his claim that he knew better.

Hawknick is the only one I saw even act like he thought the Hawks still had an outside shot at making the playoffs. And... well... he's Hawknick. That's just what he does. He's eternally optimistic. I didn't see a single other person post the Hawks had a shot at the playoffs and if they did I imagine they weren't being serious. At most, Sparky is basing his little tantrum off of the opinions from a couple individuals and he's making it sound like the entire board was claiming the Hawks could reach the playoffs. Who is really the stupid one here?

No. What would make me feel better is if people would have some realistic expectations so every week when Iowa loses I don't have to come around to the shock and awe of it all.

At this point in time I'm starting to miss Vin and Ghost, at least they also knew Ferentz has been done since 2010.

It's called being a fan. There's all different sorts of them.

Do you go into a bar and start calling everyone who is drinking an alcoholic? Because based upon your argument in this post I would expect you to.

The funny thing to me is that Sparky is trumpeting his own "predictions" and superior football intellect (according to him), but he's too stupid to realize that according to his rant he's utilizing an incredibly small minority of posters in order to make his claim that he knew better.

Hawknick is the only one I saw even act like he thought the Hawks still had an outside shot at making the playoffs. And... well... he's Hawknick. That's just what he does. He's eternally optimistic. I didn't see a single other person post the Hawks had a shot at the playoffs and if they did I imagine they weren't being serious. At most, Sparky is basing his little tantrum off of the opinions from a couple individuals and he's making it sound like the entire board was claiming the Hawks could reach the playoffs. Who is really the stupid one here?

Let's break this down since reading comprehension isn't really a strong suit of yours.

When I said "some of you were talking about playoffs" that signifies a smaller number of posters. This could even mean a "minority of posters" as you put it. Go back and read my previous thread as well as other theads that week, there was more than Hawknick. You could even count his thumbs up as people agreeing with him. That's usually how thumbs up work, isn't it. Shocker you were wrong on that.

I then said that "most of you were talking about B1G title game" that signifies that a larger number of people, even a majority, were talking that there was still the possibility that they would make it. For that, I was calling them all idiots since there is absolutely nothing to date to show Iowa could beat any good team.

It's ok, DP. I was right, and you can admit it. Just go back and read what I wrote in two previous threads. But before you do, get yourself some help. I'll even throw in some cash if you can't afford it. I can't imagine with your reading skills you could get a decent job.

https://www.hookedonphonics.com/

Iowa and Minny both had identical records going into that game, both overall and in-conference, so I viewed it as a pretty even match up going in, with Minny holding a slight edge playing this game on their field. So I'm not ticked so much that Iowa lost the game (it was a coin toss game) but am PO'ed about how bad Iowa was humiliated and didn't bother to even show up for a rivalry game with conference title implications. I expect more from our 4 million dollar man, to have his team ready to go.

Regarding Minny's QB having the game of his life... Funny how opposing QB's tend to have a career day against our defense. Our D seems to make very average to mediocre QB's feel comfortable, making them look great.

Do you go into a bar and start calling everyone who is drinking an alcoholic? Because based upon your argument in this post I would expect you to.

It depends...are the drunks acting like alcoholics?

That bar scene would be fun.

You seem to be the only one in this thread acting like an idiot. So one or two posters talked about Iowa going to the playoffs. 99.9% of all logical fans didn't think that. But that doesn't make you Nostradamus either!

The funny thing to me is that Sparky is trumpeting his own "predictions" aTsuperior football intellect (according to him), but he's too stupid to realize that according to his rant he's utilizing an incredibly small minority of posters in order to make his claim that he knew better.

So since hawknick had the highest expectations, where are all of his negative posts after the loss. I haven't seen one. That's because the more positive you are, the higher your expectations are and the less you b!tch after a win. The more negative you are, the lower your expectations you are and the more you b!tch after a win. If the OP wants to blame someone for the board looking like it is, he should start with the people with the low expectations.

Alcoholic or not, when people drink they get drunk. Just because someone is drunk at a bar doesn't mean they are an alcoholic, and many of them would be offended for you to come in there and say so simply because they are drinking.

Many of us on the board are level headed fans. You start your own thread just to try to pound your chest and it only serves to make you look like the DB that you are. I won't stop you though. You just bury yourself a little further with every single post you make and it is mildly entertaining.

Let's break this down since reading comprehension isn't really a strong suit of yours.

When I said "some of you were talking about playoffs" that signifies a smaller number of posters. This could even mean a "minority of posters" as you put it. Go back and read my previous thread as well as other theads that week, there was more than Hawknick. You could even count his thumbs up as people agreeing with him. That's usually how thumbs up work, isn't it. Shocker you were wrong on that.

I then said that "most of you were talking about B1G title game" that signifies that a larger number of people, even a majority, were talking that there was still the possibility that they would make it. For that, I was calling them all idiots since there is absolutely nothing to date to show Iowa could beat any good team.

It's ok, DP. I was right, and you can admit it. Just go back and read what I wrote in two previous threads. But before you do, get yourself some help. I'll even throw in some cash if you can't afford it. I can't imagine with your reading skills you could get a decent job.

Actually the "in jest" playoff talk was based on on chances of making it if we went undefeated. It wasn't about the chances of us going undefeated.

Alcoholic or not, when people drink they get drunk. Just because someone is drunk at a bar doesn't mean they are an alcoholic, and many of them would be offended for you to come in there and say so simply because they are drinking.

Many of us on the board are level headed fans. You start your own thread just to try to pound your chest and it only serves to make you look like the DB that you are. I won't stop you though. You just bury yourself a little further with every single post you make and it is mildly entertaining.

Ohhhh swing and a miss...the reading comprehension does you in AGAIN.

I didn't say if they're acting drunk, I said if they're acting like alcoholics.

Latest posts