The stadium looks amazing!

Last night was outstanding! The stadium looked amazing, the crowd was awesome. It's great to be a Hawkeye!

It does really look kick-azz with the end-zone colore scheme. One could prob appreciate it even more in the stadium than just on TV. Don't get me wrong, it looked great on TV, but I bet TV did not do it justice compared to in the stadium.

I don't know if you guys got any overhead shots like from a blimp or anything, but those kinds of shots make it look cooler, IMO. It looked amazing in the stadium, but you're close enough that all the white faces in the black sections take a little away from the effect. You don't see the faces from the blimp shots.

36172_434394338181_515088181_5203423_6159230_n.jpg
Section 133

These photos also highlight the disparity between gold (correct school color) and yellow. Lose the yellow in the end zones and on those flags!

Props to you guys, that is pretty sweet and you pulled it off nearly perfectly. I don't know about you, but I can't get enough of night games. I didn't see the game last night (as I was busy at the ISU game :)), but I would've liked to watch you guys take down Penn State again. I bet the atmosphere was electric.

I don't know if you guys got any overhead shots like from a blimp or anything, but those kinds of shots make it look cooler, IMO. It looked amazing in the stadium, but you're close enough that all the white faces in the black sections take a little away from the effect. You don't see the faces from the blimp shots.

I'm pretty sure there were not any Blimp or overhead shots last night. I didn't see any overhead when watching. It would have been pretty neat.

Atmosphere was electric even on regular 'ole TV.
I last attended a game at Kinnick (was called something else) in Oct '62 for the Oregon State game.

I need to get back for a game or two!

I am normally not a big fan of "gimmicks" like black-outs but......it DID look great last night. I wouldn't mind if we did that every game.

I was in the north endzone and it was amazing. I'm looking forward to re-watching the game tonight on my DVR. Electric atmosphere.

Those are very cool images...THANKS. I think it looked so much better than Boise's. Could be that the black is more dramatic. Which got me thinking that we are actually very fortunate to have "Black" for one of our schools primary colors. Think about all the benefits... just in the elimination of tacky clothing styles alone, (I'm also a Bronco fan...orange is not a good color on anybody)! The intimidation factor, cool factor, etc.

What is so much more thought provoking is the list of major D1 schools with black actually being one of their primary colors... (like us, or maybe Tex Tech, CU,). I'm sure there may be a few, but not many!

Awesome stadium---Congrats Fans.

correct school color is old gold and black, and we haven't seen old gold for years, and years and years.

Also - on the tv version of soundoff, they showed a ground level shot of the swarm coming on the field. it was a cool shot of the team coming on the field with the black/gold contrast stadium. Anyone get a good resolution screen shot of that??

Latest posts