The stadium looks amazing!

First one is up and is available in 720P HD.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CxDL29wPHk]YouTube - Iowa Swarm PSU 2010[/ame]

I am surprised they actually pulled it off. Surprised all the old duffers actually got the message. It's pretty neat but I actually like the all gold like the Ohio St night game better.

I am surprised they actually pulled it off. Surprised all the old duffers actually got the message. It's pretty neat but I actually like the all gold like the Ohio St night game better.

I was shocked that it worked. I had hoped it would, but I had serious doubts. That was practically 100% participation (I saw probably 5 students in the south grandstand in the wrong color). And I wasn't at the '06 Gold Game, but this was WAY cooler, IMO. The only thing that sucks is that Boise "did it first", even though we had it planned like 2 months ago. Just another benefit of having your only big games on the schedule in September, I guess.

a shot from my phone just before kick:
x2_2e3efee

It looked absolutely awesome tonight and the atmosphere was amazing. Definitely a memory I'll cherish for years to come. Would love to continue this for our big games in the future. Any possible recruits watching/visiting with this type of setting has to be a big seller.

I guess if we can't look pretty to the ESPN crowd with what we do on the field, maybe this will give us some love :) .

It does really look kick-azz with the end-zone colore scheme. One could prob appreciate it even more in the stadium than just on TV. Don't get me wrong, it looked great on TV, but I bet TV did not do it justice compared to in the stadium.

Look at Grandpa's large picture again, could you imagine what it would look like with the Hawk symbol at mid-field!!? Why KF & Iowa is soooooo conservative with that idea I would never know. It's not "out-there" by any means. I could see it coming in the near future.

You know, KF needs a little time with these kinds of changes. He takes baby steps.

If it wasn't for backwards hat guy waving his pompom, that picture ^^^^^^ would probably be the one that gets framed and sold in places like Scheels or Deck the Walls.

Pretty sweet.

dmrdc5-5wgarw4gpzavym107mt_original.jpg

This was just about my vantage point. Couldn't believe they pulled it off. WTG fans.

Wow, wish I had been able to see this live, but it does look amazing! I saw somewhere that someone sent an email to Barta asking about providing shirts to ensure we pull this off and they responded with the cost of that would be way too high. Well, how about next time they try this, put a few opposite color shirts in the student section to spell out "Go Hawks" or in the shape of a Tiger Hawk? It wouldn't take that many shirts, and, yes, we would be relying on the students that get those seats to not take the shirts and run...dunno, just a thought to add a little somthin' to the black corner.

Do you know what would really be cool & much easier to coordinate. It would be to have the end-zone all black & fans on the sides wear gold. That would look sharp. That would be relatively easy to get the word out. Look at the photo & picture it.

If someone can't follow those instructions, then ......

Latest posts