*****The Shadow: Iowa Spring Game in WDM*****

Little confused is this like the spring game/open practice that they usually have at the end of spring practice in IC? Or ithey having one open practice in WDM and also have the spring game/open practice in Iowa City too?

Correct. This is just a practice. Spring game to follow later in spring. Just an opportunity for football deprived central iowa to see spring ball.

The OP stole my avatar. Apparently I was drunk at the Wig and Pen and gave him the West DM info. Damn you Captain Morgan!

The avatar has been mine since the movie in 1994. Perhaps I was the one drinking with the Captain.

Never considered attending a spring game because of the drive, but this might be doable.

Does it cost to attend?

I think the regular open practice 4/27 in Kinnick would still happen

This date is just to trolololol ISU

CycloneFanatic

The butthurt is quite strong over there. I think it's cute that they actually believe they own the DM market now. At least there are a couple of posters over there that understand that Iowa holding this the same day as their game is Ames is a shot over the bow by Mr. Barta.

What you consider butthurt, I see as a group of people laughing at the idea. I think you just want them to be ****** off about a whole lot of nothing.

I think the regular open practice 4/27 in Kinnick would still happen

This date is just to trolololol ISU

images

The Shadow usually has breaking news. This is a pretty old story. I think there was a thread on this a month ago.

Is it possible to get more Iowa fans at a practice in Valley Stadium then at a Spring game in Ames?

Valley Stadium holds right around 10k, although the Valley/Dowling game usually has around 11k in the stands. Depending on how this is promoted, they might get that many.

Well first spring practice I will miss in years. Wonder how many Clowns will troll the game.

On the flip side, this gives people who live in Des Moines and the western half of the state a reason to go to one. I'll be there, when I wouldn't consider going otherwise.

My illusive friend called from the Wig & Pen to tell me that Iowa is trying to work out details of having the Spring Game at Valley Stadium in West Des Moines.

Get your tailgates ready!

Illusive or elusive? Careful...

THis will be the only Spring game ever in Central Iowa. After all the puking, pizzing and PAULA's that occur during tailgating, they'll never have us back. Especially since much of the parking will be in church and the WDM schools lots.

And don't say the cops will be patrolling...that has never stopped a Hawkeye football fan.

Latest posts