The Season Died at the Palestra

Is the season still dead?
Or Has the stone been rolled away?

Did someone say Rolling Stone? :)

giphy.gif

Kriener has helped a lot no question that wasn’t my point. I was just talking about Iowa’s ability to score the ball. Kriener has some scoring pop in him it’s just tougher with Garza getting most of the post touches. Not a knock on Kriener in the slightest. The point was more if a guy like Evelyn had the offensive firepower like Kriener does it would be more helpful coming from the backcourt where we are a little light on scoring.

On Pemsl I’ll just say I’ll believe when I see it. A guy hitting his first career 3 as a fourth year junior (potentially his first career jumper made at Iowa), doesn’t instill a lot of confidence to me that he will shoot 30% from 3 on 1-2 attempts a game.
I remember last year when Pemsl hit a jumper from the elbow and I was thinking to myself: WTFFF

I remember last year when Pemsl hit a jumper from the elbow and I was thinking to myself: WTFFF

Part of the reason he was a highly regarded recruit when he was in high school was due to his shooting touch and range. He also apparently decided he's confident in his shot this past week:

“I’ve always been a guy who felt able to knock down a shot,’’ said Pemsl, who hadn’t tried a 3 in more than three years before launching one in Tuesday’s 76-70 loss to Nebraska. “It’s just been a mental thing for me. I decided this past week or so that I’m comfortable taking that shot. I make them in practice all the time … I caught it in rhythm and was confident and just let it go.’’

https://qconline.com/sports/college...cle_6185a0a3-1fa6-5238-a922-d25a8bd26979.html

@InGoodCo

Sorry PC for bringing you into this. I just wanted to show that PC is a pretty level headed poster and he had a similar thought to my Palestra thread as did countless other posters in this thread. “As he says I agree the season was lost Saturday.” As my OP addresses I thought Iowa would get to 7-8 wins. I hope like hell its more than that and I’ll have my crow.

I still don’t get what Iowa beating Maryland changes about anything I said in this thread. Definitely a big win for the hawks and an unexpected one for me for certain so that was awesome.

How is your crow tasting?

I miss this thread!
I need to know the definition of a dead season. I’ve enjoyed watching several of the games since PSU. I love watching Garza get 20+ against every imaginable D despite getting fouled multiple times whenever he touches the ball. We’re guaranteed a BTT bid. We’re going to the NCAA Tournament. What is a dead season? The name Lickliter keeps coming to mind.

How is your crow tasting?
Pretty damn good. Awesome for Iowa to do what they’ve done. Again I really thought CJ was going to be out for an extended period of time when I started this thread.

He came back sooner and we beat Rutgers, Wisco, and Michigan at home in tightly contested games that could have gone the other way. If he doesn’t make it back and you flip two of those games or even all three could be a different story.

I’d much rather be wrong and Iowa be winning than Iowa to be losing.

I need to know the definition of a dead season. I’ve enjoyed watching several of the games since PSU. I love watching Garza get 20+ against every imaginable D despite getting fouled multiple times whenever he touches the ball. We’re guaranteed a BTT bid. We’re going to the NCAA Tournament. What is a dead season? The name Lickliter keeps coming to mind.
Iowa fans should be thanking me for the reverse psychology magic I did by starting this thread. Saved the season.

Pretty damn good. Awesome for Iowa to do what they’ve done. Again I really thought CJ was going to be out for an extended period of time when I started this thread.

He came back sooner and we beat Rutgers, Wisco, and Michigan at home in tightly contested games that could have gone the other way. If he doesn’t make it back and you flip two of those games or even all three could be a different story.

This is an actual fan post...unlike trolls that start a thread never to be seen again. Well stated Nike.

B

Being an Iowa fan is hard work. The losses can be very depressing. At least in basketball there is usually another game in a few days. The football losses can linger for an entire week, or sometimes two full weeks.

I too was severely discouraged after the Penn State loss. Maybe we will pay them back in Carver. That is going to be a big game for them.

I will also add that I've eaten crow many, many times on this board after I posted something that I was convinced was correct. The Big Ten is brutally difficult in all sports and many events are open to differing interpretations.

Latest posts