The sad life of DJK

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJK ‏@coachkoul 1h My real teammates got me. Just wait for it.

BbyB7spIMAAegi7.jpg:large

DP, I understand what you're saying but at the same time anyone who knows Kirk Ferentz or this program or is even remotely interested in playing for the program that he (KF) expects his players to act as adults and professionals. DJK did neither of those things. Plus it is no secret that Amari wasn't a KF supporter but he still came to Iowa and played for him. Actions speak more than words. If you believe that this will hurt recruiting it will be because kids believe one person over hundreds of KF supporters. All of whom actually have real careers in coaching or played in the NFL, not people who are known for having drug related issues.

The main thing is what you said yourself, the type of players that actually listen to DJK, aren't the type of players Iowa usually goes after.

The people on here hurling the most insults are right where DJK wants thems. DJK maybe a goober but he is sucking in the goobers on here like a boss.

The people on here saying he would never write a book would be the first to read it if he did.

The people on here hurling the most insults are right where DJK wants thems. DJK maybe a goober but he is sucking in the goobers on here like a boss.

The people on here saying he would never write a book would be the first to read it if he did.

DJK prolly wants KF fired too.....

just back from banning and already inferring everyone is just not quite as smart as you.

welcome back.

I like AS, and he was a hell of a Hawkeye. That said, he's sticking up for a friend, even though he's wrong. His last point in ignorant, to say the least.

I am getting very angry.
I would say that getting angry with what any player or former player says is futile. Many of these guys would not know which way is which unless someone told them.

Bitterness is a hard pill to swallow especially when you see others around you doing well. Being irrelevant at 26 is hard for djk to accept.

Your last sentence is SO true. Its hard for many of these guys who have been privelaged their whole life. Once your in the real world you become one of many. The Hawk network does help many in that it opens doors. They do try to take care of their own. But a doubt DJK has had many doors opened for him. I defended him through thick and thin until the bust. When he moved in with a Drug Dealer he proved he didnt care about the program. You just dont do that. At least not when you still have a game to play
I would say that getting angry with what any player or former player says is futile. Many of these guys would not know which way is which unless someone told them.

Bitterness is a hard pill to swallow especially when you see others around you doing well. Being irrelevant at 26 is hard for djk to accept.

DJK book titles

Since the football program has cost djk so much potential earnings I thought us fans could help derrell out by giving him some good book titles to help him sell millions.

I thought maybe something like 'between white lines: a story of being sky-high, then touching down'

This is so dumb. He's crying about life not being fair.

How many of us get treated exactly how we want or should be treated? Even if he is telling 100% of the truth regarding KF....so what? He got to play and set records at Iowa. He got an education. But he wasn't liked by his coach.

How many times do you see people get ahead in the business world because of networking? Someone gets a promotion over a more willing employee. You find a way to make things right, by moving on. Not complaining 5 years later that so and so doesn't like you.

He can't handle failure and he failed living up to what KF expected (regardless of how high or unfair those were) and he let the team down.

Spievey is describing Belichik, so another feather in Ferentz's cap.

I see a coach that says team first. DJK only wanted him first. He is a chode.

As it relates to how Ferentz dealt with DJK, maybe he was more rigid and less forgiving of non-conforming conduct at that point. He had come out of the Dominque Douglas, Arvell Nelson et al BS, underperforming teams with players who were acting like a bunch of punks, to put it diplomatically. Ferentz was getting heat for that. So, his tolerance level at the time DJK shows up for DJK's antics was probably zero, so he had the hammer right over these guys' heads. I'm just saying in context of the times, my guess is that didn't help the situation. Doesn't matter, it was Ferentz's team, his rules, and that's the way it needs to be.

I would like to hear him explain what he wanted out of KF. Seriously, did he want to act like a moron during his 4 years at Iowa and for KF to turn a blind eye the whole time? There aren't many players that came through the program that acted worse than DJK did but those guys got booted. I imagine KF game DJK a lot more leash than he should have. For him to be crying about unfair treatment all this time later is comical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts