The Only Way This Mess Can End Well.

Dude, this guy lived in Section 8 housing when he was in college while his old man was earning close to $4 million per annum. To attribute any sort of normal morality or self awareness to him is pretty hard.
Nuff Said! Go Hawks...Players play tough. Us Fans? We are cool also. O-line Very tough.

Before Saturday the last Iowa game I went to was in 2017 against Ohio. I actually don't think BF is a bad X and O guy, but the drop off in talent during his tenure is unimaginable. That offense is back to late '90's level of bad and with the portal I'm pretty nervous about this offseason. We could be on the escalator to purgatory

Hell GIFs | Tenor

Might be moving on from Purgatory

:cool:

Kirk confuses stubbornness with strength. Based on Brian's comments this week...he's no different. Better to go down with the ship your way... than save the ship from sinking.

During Chryst’s seven years as offensive coordinator from 2005-11, Wisconsin averaged 34.1 points and 416.3 yards of total offense per game. Both marks were the best in the Big Ten over that span and powered the Badgers to conference titles in 2010 and 2011, remarkable offensive seasons in which UW averaged 41.5 and 44.1 points per game, respectively.

If Chryst wants to wind his career down a bit and still stay close to Madison I certainly would put him on the candidate list at a minimum. Sounds like his downfall in Madison centered around his handling of recruiting issues as of late. Assuming BF is not OC next season and assuming KF is not going to change his style of ball too dramatically Chryst seems like a fit that KF could live with .........especially if he could keep his son in the family as OL coach (assuming BF passes his legal challenges).

During Chryst’s seven years as offensive coordinator from 2005-11, Wisconsin averaged 34.1 points and 416.3 yards of total offense per game. Both marks were the best in the Big Ten over that span and powered the Badgers to conference titles in 2010 and 2011, remarkable offensive seasons in which UW averaged 41.5 and 44.1 points per game, respectively.

If Chryst wants to wind his career down a bit and still stay close to Madison I certainly would put him on the candidate list at a minimum. Sounds like his downfall in Madison centered around his handling of recruiting issues as of late. Assuming BF is not OC next season and assuming KF is not going to change his style of ball too dramatically Chryst seems like a fit that KF could live with .........especially if he could keep his son in the family as OL coach (assuming BF passes his legal challenges).

...........and remember. Many have acknowledged if Iowa could just be average at offense or even get to that 85 ranking area, the team could be quite successful. I think Chryst could definitely take them at least to that.

Of course, you want to aim to a better ranking but anything is better than 121 -131 two years in a row.

...........and remember. Many have acknowledged if Iowa could just be average at offense or even get to that 85 ranking area, the team could be quite successful. I think Chryst could definitely take them at least to that.

Of course, you want to aim to a better ranking but anything is better than 121 -131 two years in a row.
Of all the teams in college football that average at least 30 points per game, which is 65 of the 131 teams in FBS, only 7 of them have losing records. Of the top scoring teams you have to go all the way down to #31, West Virginia, to find a team with a losing record. It’s almost as if scoring points is the key to winning football games.

In comparison there are 2 teams ranked in the top 10 of scoring defenses that have losing records, the other team is Iowa State.

Of all the teams in college football that average at least 30 points per game, which is 65 of the 131 teams in FBS, only 7 of them have losing records. Of the top scoring teams you have to go all the way down to #31, West Virginia, to find a team with a losing record. It’s almost as if scoring points is the key to winning football games.

In comparison there are 2 teams ranked in the top 10 of scoring defenses that have losing records, the other team is Iowa State.

That says it all.

It's almost like you have to play both defense and offense to win. You can't just dominate at one and be terrible at the other.... What do they call that? I know there's a term for it... Ah 'complimentary football' I believe is what the coaches utter all the time.

Well done digging up those stats they make sense. Just trying to do what we do as a philosophy doesn't work. ugh

There is only one way that this can possibly end well or in the best way. We all know that KF is not going to fire Brian. No way. The only way Iowa can possibly move on from this is if Brian announces he will be stepping down from the OC position at the end of the season. Is he man enough to do that to help save his father's legacy? That is the question. It's the unselfish thing to do. That's what it comes down to.

This program is going to be known for nepotism and Brian being in the wrong position, with Kirk supporting it. Is that how it is going to end? Boy, no doubt that KF is in a horrible situation, because of the decisions he made regarding having family on staff and in such a high profile position as the OC.

Again, would Brian step down at the end of the season?

KF has the keys to the car, like he always has, but Brian controls the path to Kirk's legacy at Iowa.
KFs focus since BF joined the staff has been to promote BFs coaching career at the expense of the program. He did ok as an oline coach. That appears to be his ceiling. But then KF doubles down and adds QB duties. WTF. KF is willing to flush this season with Petras as QB. No evaluations or changes untill after the season.WTF. If I were KF,I would lay the entire blame on the oline woes and make Barnett the scape goat. Fire Barnett, move BF back to oline coach because thats were BF needs to focus on. Bring KOK out of retirement to finish the season. Off season find a NFL job for BF and hire a real OC. I know, I can dream.

KFs focus since BF joined the staff has been to promote BFs coaching career at the expense of the program. He did ok as an oline coach. That appears to be his ceiling. But then KF doubles down and adds QB duties. WTF. KF is willing to flush this season with Petras as QB. No evaluations or changes untill after the season.WTF. If I were KF,I would lay the entire blame on the oline woes and make Barnett the scape goat. Fire Barnett, move BF back to oline coach because thats were BF needs to focus on. Bring KOK out of retirement to finish the season. Off season find a NFL job for BF and hire a real OC. I know, I can dream.
No this has to end. Also BF has about the same NFL outlook as Doyle.

No this has to end. Also BF has about the same NFL outlook as Doyle.
There are several credible places online saying BF would be welcomed into the NFL and some gave examples of teams that have inquired off the record.

In reality, that's the only way this does end voluntarily is by BF going to the NFL. Kirk will never demote his kid, and his prospects in P5 football are effectively over at the coordinator level.

My guess is that BF's wife and family wouldn't be up for bouncing around the country for the next 25 years which is what NFL assistants do, especially since they probably assumed when he took the OC job that he'd be next in line to the throne. Most career NFL assistants work for 8-10 teams in their careers. That'll play into it as well.

Bottom line, donor revolt is the only thing that'll make him leave, and that's a tall order. Not impossible, but damn tall.

There are several credible places online saying BF would be welcomed into the NFL and some gave examples of teams that have inquired off the record.

In reality, that's the only way this does end voluntarily is by BF going to the NFL. Kirk will never demote his kid, and his prospects in P5 football are effectively over at the coordinator level.

My guess is that BF's wife and family wouldn't be up for bouncing around the country for the next 25 years which is what NFL assistants do, especially since they probably assumed when he took the OC job that he'd be next in line to the throne. Most career NFL assistants work for 8-10 teams in their careers. That'll play into it as well.

Bottom line, donor revolt is the only thing that'll make him leave, and that's a tall order. Not impossible, but damn tall.
Oh there's no doubt BF would have a cushy NFL gig available for him with all the connections Daddy has. I bet you're right. BF has lead the cushiest of cushy assistant coaching careers so far. He briefly went off to New England early on before coming home and he's spent like 30 something years of his childhood and adult life living and working in Iowa City. Of course he and his family would prefer to not start bouncing around the country like the rest all do. Totally with you that just seems obvious.

I think the next few weeks will tell the story. If somehow they end up going to a bowl game and 'salvage' this season in some peoples eyes anyway he'll feel emboldened to try keeping him on. But if say they lose to Northwestern and or lose 3 or 4 of our remaining games I could see that revolt of big $ and pressure being enough to get Daddy to do it. Because that's what it take. The whole damn bottom has to fall out pretty much.

KF said in his response the other day that he has never and does not make in season changes. If's he's been consistent with that over all these years, I can respect that as that is the way he has always done it, and be fine with it the rest of this season.

I guess when he said that, I thought I'm fine with it because that is the way he has always done it and managed the team and staff. But damn, there better be some changes coming after this season because it ain't working.

I don't think you understand the NFL.
We can disagree. Almost any other behavior than what he was accused of pertaining to the lawsuit. That will be the focus. We are mostly from Iowa and to be frank (without violating forum rules I hope) don't really have an understanding of changes in our society, particularly with those that are not a lot younger than you on down. Urban found out in a hurry. Iowa is one of the few states that are really almost completely inoculated from what reality is around the nation on the subject.

I do believe we will find out. Maybe you are right looking at the rosters for the World Series, but I really don't think so.

I think we both agree he should be gone. Not sure we agree about KF himself.

Latest posts