The Official Iowa vs I tawt I taw a Putty Tat Game Thread

we only won b/c of a missed ft by NW and a miracle shot w .03 left

True. And we were losing because we shot about 50% on layups, played man to man, got embarrassingly outrebounded, and NW shot out of their minds, open or not.

still gotta make that miracle shot.

I had completely given up on this game, as most all of us did. Team fought, made some shots.

Gotta give Connor credit for the inbounds pass

Just like the inbound passes in crunch time at Indiana
Also gotta give Moss credit for a huge runner to get it to 78-77 with about 14 seconds left. Big time clutch from Moss.

Wiescamp with a huge three to get it to 76-68 after Pardon tip in over a tired Cook, and a huge block on Gaines that led to another Bohannon three.

That's when Northwestern started to unravel.

I am still stunned. I admit, I gave up when we went down 13. We just looked defeated. But then..... I don't even know. Just so freaking awesome.
I am so happy right now.
I know we're going to lose again at some point.... just didn't want it to be tonight.

Also gotta give Moss credit for a huge runner to get it to 78-77 with about 14 seconds left. Big time clutch from Moss.

Wiescamp with a huge three to get it to 76-68 after Pardon tip in over a tired Cook, and a huge block on Gaines that led to another Bohannon three.

That's when Northwestern started to unravel.

Yeah, Moss didn't hesitate thinking about a three, just drove in for the basket. No wasted time.....

JoeW was huge

Lads didn't give up

They wanted this one bad. They seemed to know exactly what they were doing with confidence and skill

Victory HAWKS

Connor's pass was perfectly placed

Jordan caught it and lauched the nuclear missle

This is a special team

giphy.gif

Yeah, Moss didn't hesitate thinking about a three, just drove in for the basket. No wasted time.....

JoeW was huge

Lads didn't give up

They wanted this one bad. They seemed to know exactly what they were doing with confidence and skill

Victory HAWKS

This is a special team
Joe W, player of the game, not even close.

JoeW was huge

Lads didn't give up

Victory HAWKS

This is a special team
I thought Law's bucket to go up 67-54 was the end.

Then I remembered the 2016 Indiana game when they were up double digits late but we staged a furious rally and Jok had a chance to tie from the corner and missed.

Then I thought Pardon's tip in over an exhausted Cook to make it 76-65 was truly the end.

Fortunately, so did Northwestern. The suffocating defense they had played much of the final ten minutes was suddenly getting gouged repeatedly. And JBo did what Jok couldn't three years ago.

Huge block at the 76-68 mark, setting up a Bohannon three. Among other plays.
You can tell Wieskamp has played a lot of important games in his brief career, from AAU on up. Skilled and cool under pressure. And that long range 3 is very tough to get to, to defend. The last minute three was put up and made against very good defense. He is a player who is actually a lot better and more important to the team than he looks. And as you mention, the subtle, unexpected block, which at the time, didn't seem to matter, but did.

The opposing coaches really seem to appreciate what kind of a talent he is, and mention him often after the games. Maybe he can grow a couple more inches!