The Official Iowa vs I tawt I taw a Putty Tat Game Thread

I don't get on these threads during the games. I just can't do the back and forth of it I get into the games too much. Scrolling through all this lived up to what I kinda thought it'd be... Pretty much everything one was thinking as the game was going on was being brought up. 99% chance of losing the game with over 4 mins to go... That in and of itself is crazy. JBo… What can anyone say about him? Unreal. Let's enjoy every second of him. He like every other player that's set foot on a basketball court isn't perfect. But yet to me he is dang close to it. Ya'll see the hug he got from the Streets after the game too? The guy has 4 parents now pretty much. And damn good ones. JBo is personifying what it is to be the littlest of little brothers and playing way above what you'd suspect he's capable of. Amazing. Absolutely amazing

I don't get on these threads during the games. I just can't do the back and forth of it I get into the games too much. Scrolling through all this lived up to what I kinda thought it'd be... Pretty much everything one was thinking as the game was going on was being brought up. 99% chance of losing the game with over 4 mins to go... That in and of itself is crazy. JBo… What can anyone say about him? Unreal. Let's enjoy every second of him. He like every other player that's set foot on a basketball court isn't perfect. But yet to me he is dang close to it. Ya'll see the hug he got from the Streets after the game too? The guy has 4 parents now pretty much. And damn good ones. JBo is personifying what it is to be the littlest of little brothers and playing way above what you'd suspect he's capable of. Amazing. Absolutely amazing
There was one person that called it...:D

There was one person that called it...:D
Sure wouldn't have been me. I was a wreck the whole time. I didn't think we had a chance till after they missed that 2nd FT late and we had the ball back down 2. At that point I thought we could get a good look and get it to OT. Pfff what do I know? Even as that play started I thought Cook was option A as he turned that corner he had a half step to the hoop on his guy. But then it was easy to see how that action held back the guy guarding JBo enough for him to get open and for CM to hit him and the rest is history.

That was horrifying defense. Just terrible. How do you come all the way back and the let them get that open look? WHAT DAFUQ.

Lucky as hell they got away with it.
He had to catch, turn, and heave. From forty feet. The odds of Pardon even getting a shot off in .6 of a second were astronomical. And he didn't.

The odds of a foul were much greater. Would you rather have had Northwestern on the line with a chance to win from there?

That was horrifying defense. Just terrible. How do you come all the way back and the let them get that open look? WHAT DAFUQ.

Lucky as hell they got away with it.
.6 seconds... They didn't have time to do anything. He jumped in the air to catch it and came down with it. .6 isn't enough time to do that turn and jump again to shoot it like he did. If he'd have like volley balled it to the hoop that'd have counted but he didn't. I was fine with our guys staying away from him and not having a chance at a foul. Fran would have needed security to get home after that game if someone fouled him and we lost because of it at that point... So let's not make too much of how coach did that

Either NW has Hawkeye hangover or they got Hawkeye healthy until Iowa said, “unh-unh”